Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AzraelNewtype posted:

Bear in mind that you'll have to do that again with characters that you can't use generic selectors on.

I kinda feel by the time I get there Shadowlands will have reset already tho, hehe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Dias posted:

I kinda feel by the time I get there Shadowlands will have reset already tho, hehe.

I mean... yes, but the First Time Reward is only Rewarded the First Time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AzraelNewtype posted:

I mean... yes, but the First Time Reward is only Rewarded the First Time.

Ah, I thought it might be per reset. Never did SL before. Oh well, wouldn't harm to keep it on stock to rush Strange.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Could someone post the layout for the first five shadowlands levels for this week?

Edit: besides speed relay stage 1, ofc

Erdricks fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 28, 2016

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
What's a good costume to get? Debating saving the crystals I have to try to speed up leveling Strange, or getting a new costume.

I have Wasp, Car Rider, Hulkbuster, Superior Spiderman, and Elsa.

My T2s are Sharon Rogers, Carnage, Songbird, and Gwenpool.

So many decisions. I have Squirrel Girl, Spider Gwen, and Misty Knight all 20d for T2, but I dunno. Working on Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan.

Please guide me.

Edit: Oh and got the Doctor Strange costume because it's freakin' Doctor Strange.

Doctor_Acula fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 29, 2016

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
You cannot speed level Strange

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dias posted:

Ah, I thought it might be per reset. Never did SL before. Oh well, wouldn't harm to keep it on stock to rush Strange.

Well yeah they're not going to give people a T2 ticket every week. The bio selectors and norn selectors are weekly though.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Mr. Maggy posted:

You cannot speed level Strange

I mean just buy buying some of the stones I know are looming in my future.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Doctor_Acula posted:

What's a good costume to get? Debating saving the crystals I have to try to speed up leveling Strange, or getting a new costume.

I have Wasp, Car Rider, Hulkbuster, Superior Spiderman, and Elsa.

My T2s are Sharon Rogers, Carnage, Songbird, and Gwenpool.

So many decisions. I have Squirrel Girl, Spider Gwen, and Misty Knight all 20d for T2, but I dunno. Working on Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan.

Please guide me.

Edit: Oh and got the Doctor Strange costume because it's freakin' Doctor Strange.

Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) costume is good. Makes her much better as a striker.
Floki costume is a no-brainer because Floki is still very good and useful.
Moon Knight costume is a minor bump but every little bit helps.
Ancient One's costume is apparently very good for her.
Iron Fist's costumes both give him a bit of healing which is good because he's the glassiest cannon there is in Combat heroes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Iron Fist's costume is probably the best costume I have. It changes him from unusable to top tier.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I have Floki, I forgot. Captain Marvel is who I was looking at, cause I thought her, Kamala, and Rogers would be good.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Doctor_Acula posted:

I have Floki, I forgot. Captain Marvel is who I was looking at, cause I thought her, Kamala, and Rogers would be good.

CM has no survivability to speak of and her damage isn't something you can really tag in and use like Hulkbuster's 6*. She can't really do a WB on her own and at best is hanging around for leadership or as a striker.

If she ever gets a T2, I hope they give her some recovery ala Moon Knight and a damage boost.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I've found Captain Marvel in the Ms Marvel uni can pretty much solo one of the Ghost Rider/Thor/Ronan relays for Shadowlands, but in fairness she is at all 20s for her gear

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hellstorm seems pretty good even at T1, though keep in mind this person has really good cards and is using Red Hulk's leadership

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yn-fsGQp2Y

Same deal with Kaecilius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNtBBpMHLrg

EDIT:

And here's one with Ancient One though everyone should know he/she is good by now, though his/her damage is lacking a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeltH0sSjCk

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Could Wasp be the character to save timeline?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQxsy5lbIK8

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I came up against a maxed out Doc Strange in Timeline.

He killed t2 Sharon, Proxima and t2 Ant man without losing more than 1/5th his health

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I've killed a couple 6/6 Stranges with Sharon but they may have had no gear or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I've killed a few with Thanos too.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

The lovely Professor Orpheus rip has finished his epic quest. Now to get the gold up again to work on his equipment and skills and get a ISO set that isn't Smart Raccoon. On a totally related note, i managed to get my first iThanos kill today.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Does Strange have a heal? Because I've got a 80% recovery/stun resist gear with his name on in.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

C. Everett Koop posted:

Does Strange have a heal? Because I've got a 80% recovery/stun resist gear with his name on in.

His costume adds a heal

8% heal on a 7 second skill

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

His costume adds a heal

welp add me to the list of cumberbitches :getin: :shlick:

e - what's a good iso set for him, IIAG or bust? I rolled spy tactics but I haven't committed any isos to it yet.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 29, 2016

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

e - what's a good iso set for him, IIAG or bust? I rolled spy tactics but I haven't committed any isos to it yet.

He heals so much I would assume Angry Hulk would work best

Now that I have my T2 ticket I have no idea who to use it on. I boosted Clea to 6/6 but apparently Ancient One is a beast so I might hold off and get her up first. I have Elsa and Mr Skull ready for a T2 too ugh

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

C. Everett Koop posted:

i'm gonna try for Angry Hulk, but he's sitting on a Smart Raccoon because that's the first 8 set i got and only had 200k to roll with. Need to spend a few days doing co op and pray for 100% rifts so i can spend days and millions of gold to never see it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

He heals so much I would assume Angry Hulk would work best

Now that I have my T2 ticket I have no idea who to use it on. I boosted Clea to 6/6 but apparently Ancient One is a beast so I might hold off and get her up first. I have Elsa and Mr Skull ready for a T2 too ugh

I rolled Overdrive and Reddit was high on that one too, so I'll party with that. Now in like a kerjillion years when I finally max Strange out he'll really be baller (and easily dominated by like T-66 Bullseyes)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

I rolled Overdrive and Reddit was high on that one too, so I'll party with that. Now in like a kerjillion years when I finally max Strange out he'll really be baller (and easily dominated by like T-66 Bullseyes)

You're right, Overdrive has crit damage over attack speed

Overdrive

All Attack: 8.5%
Defense Penetration: 8.08%
Critical Rate: 8.5%
Critical Damage: 8.5%
All Defense: 8.5%
Attack, 12.0%
ALL ATTACK ↑ 40.0% (20.0s)

Power of Angry Hulk

All Attack: 8.5%
Attack Speed: 7.65%
Defense Penetration: 8.08%
Critical Rate: 8.5%
All Defense: 8.5%
Attack, 12.0%
ALL ATTACK ↑ 40.0% (20.0s)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
PoAH also has a third Chaotic so that's potentially another 370ish All Defence or some HP/Dodge. The Attack bonus cancels out cause it's an Attack ISO in Overdrive that PoAH replaces with a Chaotic.

Not a huge difference maker but it helps narrow the gap a little more. I'd take whichever one comes up first and not lose any sleep over it.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

BGrifter posted:

I'd take whichever one comes up first and not lose any sleep over it.

This is how i'm going to treat it once it really comes down to it. i got mine and now i need to build up his gear a touch, up some skills, and call it done. Maybe i'll finally see a decent obelisk since my weeks long drought continues as RNGesus continues to forsake me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

His costume adds a heal

8% heal on a 7 second skill

His 6* changes all his skills to 1 second cooldown, so you can just spam the heal skill over and over. It also gives 40% damage reflect(with his uniform) and strips buffs off enemies.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Is Dr Strange better than Thomas?

I have three Black Order dudes at 60 already and was planning on making a run for him but Dr Strange looks like more fun to play.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Probably, yeah. Though not by much.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Stranges skills look so god drat good and punish my poor phone so much

Megahype

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unfortunately once he's maxed there's not much reason to use anything other than Sorcerer Supreme and Demons of Denakk.

Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General

Kegslayer posted:

Is Dr Strange better than Thomas?

I have three Black Order dudes at 60 already and was planning on making a run for him but Dr Strange looks like more fun to play.

Who is Thomas?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Thanos.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yep. Bunch of phones autocorrect Thanos into Thomas so it stuck for a lot of players. Personally it makes me laugh too.

Gotta keep with canon guys.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yep. Bunch of phones autocorrect Thanos into Thomas so it stuck for a lot of players. Personally it makes me laugh too.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

As the papa bear of the Marvel Heroes thread, you are well aware that it wouldn't be an SA Marvel Game thread if all the females weren't -waifus and every name wasn't eschewed in some way.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Speaking of which, other than Benedict and Trilla Swagson, which costumes are mandatory? Mordo's still trash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mordos is bad yes. Avoid asap. It's gross and dumb.

• Locked thread