Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Wizardry Seven: Crusaders of the Dark Savant

From Wikipedia:
"Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant (originally known as Wizardry: Crusaders of the Dark Savant) is the seventh title in the Wizardry series of role-playing video games by Sir-Tech Software, Inc., preceding Wizardry 8 and succeeding Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge. It is also the second entry in the 'Dark Savant' trilogy. The game was published in 1992 by Sir-Tech, originally developed for DOS. In 1996 it was remade into Wizardry Gold, designed to work on Windows and Macintosh, and distributed by Interplay."

This is going to be a playthrough of the Wizardry 7 DOS version, since it was mentioned in the previous thread that the GOLD version is... bugged.

This is following my previous LP, for Wizardry 6:
Link to Thread

This is a cheesy cover!

This... is not quite what one would expect, right?

This used to be the Wizardry 6+7 COMBINED "box" in the gog library. They have been unbundled now.

This will be a 100% blind lp, like Wizardry 6 was. I have no knowledge of what is going on in this game.

I played Wizardry 8 briefly almost a decade ago, so if (when) the time comes for that, I will be similarly blind in that regard.

The party from Wizardry 6 shall be imported into this one, since that is a possibility. I hope to eventually also import that party into Wizardry 8 when the time comes.

Update 001: Introduction of the title
Update 002:Diverging Starts
Update 003: Welcome to Guardia
Update 004: Reaching New City
Update 005: Drowning in New City
Update 006: We know the holy sacraments
Update 007: Exploring the City
Update 008: Meeting an Educated Rat
Update 009: A black wafer
Update 010: A puzzle and a Sign
Update 011: Outdated rumors
Updatr 012: No bridge for this river.
Update 013: Invitation to Orkogre
Update 014: Approaching Orkogre
Update 015: Anti-diplomatic issues.
Update 016: Welcome to Munk City
Update 017: South of Munk City
Update 018: Welcome to Ukpyr.
Update 019: Joining the rhinomen
Update 020: To the mountains we go
Update 021: Back to Munk City, a well of coins
Update 022: Swimming lessons
Update 023: New City Again.
Update 024: Swimming with the monks
Update 025: Stone beans?
Update 026: Ninja Monks. What.
Update 027: Entering the Land of Dreams
Update 028: The Black Door
Update 029: A choice through the Black Door
Update 030: Out of the nightmare
Update 031: The Holy Work?
Update 032: Diving for coins
Update 033: Coin Dungeon
Update 034: In the Lost Temple
Update 035: Diseased Munks
Update 036:The Master of the Dark Forest
Update 037: More buttons and keys
Update 038:Not down the chute anymore
Update 039: Ossified Mausoleum
Update 040: Finally enlisting
Update 041: Umpani Military Induction
Update 042: Rejecting the Spider
Update 043: Falling for a flower
Update 044: Going to Orkogre
Update 045: Exploring Orkogre
Update 046: Innards in Orkogre
Update 047: Gorn Grooming materials
Update 048: Inner Sanctum of the Gorn
Update 049: Meeting Murkatos
Update 050: Murkatos's bonsai
Update 051: Murdering Crows
Update 052: Meeting the Gorn King
Update 053: Giving Bad News to the King
Update 054:Giant Ambush
Update 055: Ready to Praise the Sun
Update 056: Giant's Den
Update 057: Meet SPOT
Update 058:Mistreating a beloved pet
Update 059: Underground Swim
Update 060: Out of the Cave and into the Mountains
Update 061:Up and down
Update 062: The party falls. Also, Ratsputin
UpdaTE 063: Suddenly, undead appear
Update 064: Mirror Mirror on the Cave Wall
Update 065: At last a descent
Update 066: The names.
Update 067: A crow
Update 068: Witches and Prophecies
Update 069: A wet cave
Update 070: Getting an Egge
Update 071: The Egge Opens
Update 072: Riding the Rainbow for the Wand
Update 073: Honestly stumped
Update 074: Umpani Business
Update 075: Reporting back
Update 076: Escalating Mission
Update 077: Ransacking Upkyr
Update 078: Through the Orchid field
Update 079: Reaching Nyctalinth
Update 080: Nyctalinth, first impressions
Update 081: Killing some dang savants
Update 082: Meeting Shritis T'Rang
Update 083: Shritis's Instructions
Update 084: Remote access
Update 85: Going to the rat city
Update 86 A Smug Tree
Update 087: Hunting the Holy Work. Again.
Update 088: Getting the Holy Work. BY ACCIDENT.
Update 089: A disease, cured.
Update 090: A lot of ninja gear
Update 091: [url=]Goin' to the Tower[/url]
Update 092 Getting initiated into the Dane
Update 093: Disciple initiation
Update 094: Getting to the Magic Emporium
Update 095: Canonical
Update 096: Finishing the Temple of the Night

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Update 001: Intro

Well, this will be done using an Automap mod. The original plan was to do this using Grid Cartographer, which is a FANTASTIC tool, which you can find in this site, it is HEAVILY recommended, even though I am not going to make use of it.
http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/tools/gridcart/

A book!

Still with the dragon logo, I see.

Hey! It is a 256 color version of the box art.

It's been a while from this, hasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2kN1bawDkQ

Well, this is already looking far prettier than the previous game, for sure!

Let's start with this example. The eternal example. DONGS.

Here we have the race selection! Not that we are going to make much use of it, the party is already made, from Wizardry 6.

And after this, the Avatars!

Wizardry Avatars! These are the avatars available to be used in the game, apparently.

Te party will probably need to get reassigned avatars, too bad there isn't a grim reaper one for DETPOPE anymore...

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
For starters, there is going to be a decision.

There are two starting points for the party from Wizardry 6:

Bane, where a strange apparition took the cursed pen, the Cosmic Forge away from the party, in a pretty silly dick move.

Bela, where the party leaves the castle of the cosmic forge with a... fairly chatty dragon in his spaceship.

What.

WHAT SHOULD BE THE CHOICE?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Bane

tbh with the stuff you should be importing it doesn't make that much of a difference, but still. Bane.

PS: learn the new spellbook. There are out-of-combat buffs you need to have up nearly constantly if you don't want to get murdered on the regular.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Also, the games are on sale! Pretty cheap, and worth it.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20161124_weekly_staff_picks_360_degrees_of_freedom

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So soon after the Wizardry 6 LP? Wow you are a glutton for punishment.

That music . . . does this game have a soundtrack, or is it only for the intro and character creation?

For the actual choice, I don't know how we can say no to Bela. Fairly straightforward RPG trope versus a dragon flying a spaceship. I'm really curious what the world of Wizardry 7 is going to look like considering we saw nothing but generic (but well done) fantasy until Bela showed up for the curtain call.

Chuu fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 26, 2016

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
The bane ending should be used. I went Bela and regretted it. Also, good luck! This soon after the last will be interesting.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Chuu posted:

I'm really curious what the world of Wizardry 7 is going to look like considering we saw nothing but generic (but well done) fantasy until Bela showed up for the curtain call.

I never got that far into Wizardry 7, but as for what it'll LOOK like... well, something other than gray stone corridors, even when we're supposedly on top of a mountain. :v: I think, personally, what really killed Wiz 7 for me was how SLUGGISH everything was, it felt like everything was burdened with some pointless fanfare or animation that I wished I could skip to move things a bit faster.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

PurpleXVI posted:

I never got that far into Wizardry 7, but as for what it'll LOOK like... well, something other than gray stone corridors, even when we're supposedly on top of a mountain. :v: I think, personally, what really killed Wiz 7 for me was how SLUGGISH everything was, it felt like everything was burdened with some pointless fanfare or animation that I wished I could skip to move things a bit faster.

Oh, right, good point.
turn off sound effects, or it will play a sound before every monster that attacks you. When you have fights lasting multiple rounds with 20+ monsters, that's a lot of wasted time to listen to lovely sounds.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

The bane ending should be used. I went Bela and regretted it. Also, good luck! This soon after the last will be interesting.

The Bela ending isn't so bad.

That said, I recommend the Bane ending because it makes a certain bit of sequence breaking much easier. A bit of sequence breaking I highly recommend for ensuring you get a particular item you'll need in the game's final dungeon that's normally a pain to track down.

They're also on Steam and go on sale regularly. I picked up the whole trilogy for less than three bucks on Steam a few years ago.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 26, 2016

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Yes, let's go with the Bane ending.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Cythereal posted:

That said, I recommend the Bane ending because it makes a certain bit of sequence breaking much easier. A bit of sequence breaking I highly recommend for ensuring you get a particular item you'll need in the game's final dungeon that's normally a pain to track down.

They're also on Steam and go on sale regularly. I picked up the whole trilogy for less than three bucks on Steam a few years ago.

The steam version could briefly be redeemed also on gog due to gog connect, but that deal is over now.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chuu posted:

Fairly straightforward RPG trope versus a dragon flying a spaceship. I'm really curious what the world of Wizardry 7 is going to look like considering we saw nothing but generic (but well done) fantasy until Bela showed up for the curtain call.

I don't know if the GOG or Steam versions include the manual, which has a brief overview of what all's going on here and the new sci-fi-and-magic setting. If anyone wants me to, I can give a brief rundown of what the manual talks about.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Cythereal posted:

I don't know if the GOG or Steam versions include the manual, which has a brief overview of what all's going on here and the new sci-fi-and-magic setting. If anyone wants me to, I can give a brief rundown of what the manual talks about.

the gog version definitely includes the manual.

As well as an arrange soundtrack for Wiz 6, haha.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Cythereal posted:

I did alright, until I left the starting city for that ending. Is there any easier way to get to New City without just hoofing it and hoping for no encounteres?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

I did alright, until I left the starting city for that ending. Is there any easier way to get to New City without just hoofing it and hoping for no encounteres?

Nope. You want to import until you have at least two good (endgame from Bane) quality weapons. There are also a few guaranteed encounters on the road, like the Helazoid onslaught on the rad to Ukpyr. I've done it, and got the Legend Map by immediately beelining straight from Ukpyr to New City the moment I landed, but yeah it's the roughest start.

For ease of start, I'd rank the starts to Crusaders like this:

Very Easy: New Game (New City)
Easy: Take the Cosmic Forge (Dionysus)
Average: Kill Dracula, Kill Bela, take Bela's ship (Nyctalinth)
Hard: Join Bela (Ukpyr)

Crusaders is not a linear game like Bane was. You can go most places on the mainland the moment you start... if you're strong enough to survive the locals, and it's not remotely obvious what you need to do to actually win the game until you start collecting map pieces via finding them, buying them from friendly adventurers, and taking them from killing hostile adventurers.

Still, Crusaders is one of my favorite games from when I was growing up for the atmosphere and story of the game. There's a rich mythology at work on Guardia, and the game's ruminations on free will and destiny are worth thinking about as your party discovers that they're following a path foretold long ago...

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
wait, you can fight Bela in Bane?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Luisfe posted:

wait, you can fight Bela in Bane?

Yes. If you kill Dracula and Rebecca, Bela loses his poo poo over you killing his sister and attacks. Your party can then find a gleaming metallic monster roaring with flame and walk into its open mouth.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Cythereal posted:

Yes. If you kill Dracula and Rebecca, Bela loses his poo poo over you killing his sister and attacks. Your party can then find a gleaming metallic monster roaring with flame and walk into its open mouth.

hahaha dang.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
It's fantastic... so many possibilities...

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Is one going to be hosed if starting fresh in Wiz7 and not importing from Wiz6?

If so, how hosed? Mildly to 'glutton for pain'?

Thanks!

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Starting a new game? You miss out on the carry-overs, but you'll start in the easiest area and get a low level tutorial dungeon to help you get up to speed.

It's certainly not required to play 6 beforehand, I certainly didn't.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kacie posted:

Is one going to be hosed if starting fresh in Wiz7 and not importing from Wiz6?

If so, how hosed? Mildly to 'glutton for pain'?

Thanks!

Pros: You're in the easiest starting position in the game, you're guaranteed the Legend Map if you're willing to sequence break (and doing so will immediately bring your XP up to import levels), and you generally get to play around in the safest part of the game world. You also get a guaranteed full set of starting equipment.

Cons: You don't have the great gear that can import from Bane, stuff like the Ebon Plate and Muramasa Blade that you won't see until the final dungeon in this game.

Crusaders is a tough game, and a fresh start provides the gentlest start: immediately head to New City, get the Legend Map and unlock the stores (again, sequence breaking), go back and do the Starter Dungeon, then finish with the New City jail which sets you on the path north to Orkogre Castle and Munkarahma.

The import starts give you a semi-random selection of the gear you had in Bane, including potentially (a few items are guaranteed to import, everyone else is a dice roll made every time you import) endgame-quality weapons and armor. All of them, though, start you in more advanced areas that you might be ready to handle but might not - and you want to go to New City ASAP anyway to get the Legend Map.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Is this one of those old-school manuals full of lore that's worth $3 just to pour over?

I'd love a rundown.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's too bad we won't see that third ending. Went onto GOG's site to see more about the bundle, which is a whole $1.19 right now for Wizardry 6+7. This is one of the promo images:

Kind of a spoiler there GoG.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Wow, you really don't slow down.

I know basically nothing of the Wizardry games, so I'm excited to see how this goes.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Does anything in Wizardry 7 scale to level? I know that in Wizardry 8, you'd still have a challenge even with an import party, because while most areas have a top end for their level scaling, the end-game areas have a pretty high ceiling for that. But does Wizardry 7 have anything to keep you from completely steamrolling the game if you did enough grinding in Wizardry 6?

Hafl
Mar 17, 2009

Why yes, I am a crazy cat lady.

Cythereal posted:

Nope. You want to import until you have at least two good (endgame from Bane) quality weapons. There are also a few guaranteed encounters on the road, like the Helazoid onslaught on the rad to Ukpyr. I've done it, and got the Legend Map by immediately beelining straight from Ukpyr to New City the moment I landed, but yeah it's the roughest start.

For ease of start, I'd rank the starts to Crusaders like this:

Very Easy: New Game (New City)
Easy: Take the Cosmic Forge (Dionysus)
Average: Kill Dracula, Kill Bela, take Bela's ship (Nyctalinth)
Hard: Join Bela (Ukpyr)

Crusaders is not a linear game like Bane was. You can go most places on the mainland the moment you start... if you're strong enough to survive the locals, and it's not remotely obvious what you need to do to actually win the game until you start collecting map pieces via finding them, buying them from friendly adventurers, and taking them from killing hostile adventurers.

Still, Crusaders is one of my favorite games from when I was growing up for the atmosphere and story of the game. There's a rich mythology at work on Guardia, and the game's ruminations on free will and destiny are worth thinking about as your party discovers that they're following a path foretold long ago...

Ukpyr is a pretty easy start, since you can just do a few quests and jump to New City.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PurpleXVI posted:

Does anything in Wizardry 7 scale to level? I know that in Wizardry 8, you'd still have a challenge even with an import party, because while most areas have a top end for their level scaling, the end-game areas have a pretty high ceiling for that. But does Wizardry 7 have anything to keep you from completely steamrolling the game if you did enough grinding in Wizardry 6?

Nope, no scaling but regardless of your level in 6 you're dropped back to level 5 or so in Crusaders, justified in-game as your skills atrophying on the voyage to Guardia.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Remind me, doesn't a fresh party in 7 have to go grab the map kit first while they have no useful means of orientation? I can't recall properly, because I'd always import the party.

Also, picking the Nyctalinth start rubs a whole lot of NPCs the wrong way, and the game tracks everyone's opinions of your party. May not be a stellar set-up for a first run.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Old Grey Guy posted:

Remind me, doesn't a fresh party in 7 have to go grab the map kit first while they have no useful means of orientation? I can't recall properly, because I'd always import the party.

Also, picking the Nyctalinth start rubs a whole lot of NPCs the wrong way, and the game tracks everyone's opinions of your party. May not be a stellar set-up for a first run.

The map kit is SUPER close to the starting area for a fresh party, though. I'd always grab it before heading to the starter dungeon.

The Nyctalinth start does rub people the wrong way, but fortunately those people are the easiest NPC faction to kill. Very few of that faction are spellcasters, and that makes them relatively easy to deal with.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Nope, no scaling but regardless of your level in 6 you're dropped back to level 5 or so in Crusaders, justified in-game as your skills atrophying on the voyage to Guardia.

The only food aboard Bela's spaceship is hamburgers, the party is morbidly obese when they arrive on Guardia, and their levelling up from that point is just losing weight.

Do learned spells remain learned, though?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PurpleXVI posted:

Do learned spells remain learned, though?

Not all of them. Your levels, skills, and spells all atrophy - you'll keep some of what you had, but not all. A few items are also guaranteed to import with you, everything else is a dice roll. I generally do not save an imported game until I have at least two of the avenger, muramasa blade, and maiden's lance.

FairGame posted:

The map kit is SUPER close to the starting area for a fresh party, though. I'd always grab it before heading to the starter dungeon.

The Nyctalinth start does rub people the wrong way, but fortunately those people are the easiest NPC faction to kill. Very few of that faction are spellcasters, and that makes them relatively easy to deal with.

My general play as a new party is to include an alchemist, cherry bomb the ambush, grab the Legend Map with the attendant bunch of level-ups (also gives you a convenient heal-and-mana-restore fountain), unlock Paluke and Rossarian, then go get the map kit and then do the starter dungeon.

As for starts and faction affiliation, I prefer siding with Ukpyr for the Thermal Pineapple. Although the best ending to Crusaders is taking the starship from hot lesbian land.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Update 002

Here are the two different starts.
We will use the one that does not have the dragon! But let's see what is going on in here.

Let's import the first of the two savegames.

Uhh.

Hopefully GOG has removed the copy protection, as they did for Wizardry 6.

Well, that is DEFINITELY more detailed than it was on Wizardry 6.

AND HE HAS CLOTHES NOW.

Also considerably chattier!

Uhhh.
Well this poo poo has gone cosmic.

Oh no!

Why are they trying to prevent its discovery?

Oh. Well, that does explain it.
Something more powerful than the cosmic forge then?

Because of course.

Aaah, the titular dark savant, eh?

That is a pretty standard villain plot to be honest.

Well, he is proactive.

Hey, it is that lady from the other cover!

Err, ok.

Spider men?

And swachbuckling rhino men.

Uh ok.

No options eh?

So Aletheides is kind of a dick?

Definitely prettier than 6.

Hhaha, nice explanation to why one will not have the entire inventory.
Oh boy, DETPOPE and TINYSAN both got the same avatar! That cannot be left standing!

I was not aware that STERV was a weeaboo!
And at last, MONMOON is no longer an otherkin. He is now actually a proper rawulf thing.

Er?

Oh. So hey all have spidersense?

Aaand the automap mod adds mouseover like it did on wiz 6. Nice.

But let's try the other one.

This'll do it.

The dragonman is also more detailed, by far.

HE IS EVEN CHATTIER than he was in the previous game.

Like what, mr dragonman.

Ah, so rhinos hate spiders.

A god you say?

The weird lady, surely

So in both cases, Aletheides comes for the pen.
Unlike the previous game's ending where Bela just blasts off (or Aletheides ALREADY took the drat pen)

Yeah!

Hrrm.

Neat.

Convenient. Cannot have a dragon in the party.

COuld have a dracon though. Won't since the party is already made, but could.

Ahaha

Hmm.

But we shall follow the other ending.

I wonder if with the other one, Bela is already here as well...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Luisfe posted:

I wonder if with the other one, Bela is already here as well...

He is not. You won't see Bela again until Wizardry 8. Altheides, too.

Until then, welcome to Guardia!

Astral Dominae explanation from the manual: This little globe was created by the mysterious Phoonzang and holds the secret to life - it's not clear what exactly it does, but it's horrendously powerful. Finding this thing is the ultimate goal of this game, and it's not going to be easy. The Astral Dominae will also be important in Wizardry 8, but that's a long, long way in the future...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is "Lord" a starting class now, or is that a New Game+ bonus?

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
You can start with any of the classes on any of the races provided you get a good enough roll during chargen.

This, of course, is more easily said then done; e.g. Fairy Ninja, Mook anything-involving-Piety, etc.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

FairGame posted:

Perhaps I should have been clearer: When you don't know where that map kit is, and you have a new, 'blind' party, then yes, you're screwed. Additionally, when you don't subscribe to a 'kill all NPCs anyway' attitude, the Nyctalinth start does make your game harder by quite a stretch.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Update 003

Well, starting. I changed the audio to Roland instead of Soundblaster. It makes the music sound SNESsy. I think I will keep that for a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyM4j-SSVxk
Not my video, but it shows the music with the other sound processing.

For some reason I cannot get the automap mod to capture video, but it worked from another dosbox instance for the one I showed earlier.

Hmm, this is the default party. Let's see if there is a significant difference in the new game.

Well, the pen is gone.

Uh ok.

Eh, not quite different, really, other than the pen not being there.

Let's not.

Yeah yeah whatever.

Well, here is a slight issue.

The items imported are not rerolling. So I WOULD need to export another save.

And I am too lazy to do that. So this is the set.
BUT, the stats do reroll.
I am too lazy to reroll more than 3 times though. So I decided to keep whatever was in the third reroll.
Also, the gear is NOT equipped.

So skipping a bunch of stuff.

Changing the music processing.

After two reloads more...
Equipping whatever was there.

SOME of the skills were kept!

And SNAKE has a map kit! So I guess he will get some points in mapping.

Hrrm.

Yeah that seems... slightly less terrible, I guess.

The game is much more mouse driven. I guess I could change to keyboard driven, that might be slightly easier to use.
That also might not be easier to use. I will find out. Eventually.

Clicking on the name allows one to change the portraits.
SHOULD THE PORTRAITS BE CHANGED? And if so, what portrait should go to WHICH character?

There are already class changes available!

Lordliness is better than stealth ninja, no?

DETPOPE has more options than TINYSAN

SNAKE can turn into a lord out of the bat though, but probably better if we get some levels first.

Even the map has new tile colors!

"A torrent of thoughts sweeps past you, dark haunted images, escaping from behind the locked confines of your own mentations...
Like a shock, your mind begins to race with the impact of all events that have brought you to this place...
Does Mankind have a destiny?
Does the Universe have a destiny?
Could it be possible to alter the Universe of all that has been before?
Or is all that can be, to remain all that is... "

"And what role shall you play?
Will your actions assist the approach of a new order within the universe, or hasten the onslaught of its own destruction...
And how can you be certain of the difference...
These thoughts begin to fade as quickly as they appeared, and soon your gaze returns to the forest where you stand."

We shall see.

Oooh! A road! We ARE getting more tiles! Hooray!

Orchids, eh?

Hmm, this is kinda strange, but ok.

Uhh.

Oh poo poo.
OH poo poo.
THIS IS A SLEEP TRAP.
Damnit! I should have known that this was not harmless! I HAVE played the Etrian games!

Crap.
Everyone is asleep.

OOooh! There is a day-night cycle!

This takes a long time, too.

Goddamn flowers.

Uhh.
Wait, WHAT?
That was also a teleport?

What

Uhh.
I suppose that is
uh
anime

Uhhh.

I am now confused.

Oh crap.

Rat furries! With swords.

I am really missing the nuclear blast already.

Just like with the other automap mod, mouseover has nice tooltips for the enemies as well.

And not a single level was gained.

And immediately the party is in ANOTHER fight with these... weird things.

Seriously I cannot parse WHAT THEY are supposed to be besides horrible tentacle monstrosities.
Which again, it seems like this is a very anime game.

So let's reload.
Maybe going to the orchid field was not the right choice.
Let's see

Back to the starting area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

So, for the gear slots where you don't manage to import anything, does it fill in basic gear like new characters would start with? Or leave them empty?