Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Poque and I will be in the bleachers for game 3 and in the 400s for games 4 and 5

Yeah if I impersonated Ryne Sandberg I'd probably get some sweet perks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

FaradayCage posted:

:hfive:

Game 3? What section?

haha no, game 5. I needed the 1-1 to confirm the fifth game ;) I'll be with Kevlar and Poque.

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

FaradayCage posted:

ChiTownEddie posted:

gently caress yeah Cubs! A WORLD SERIES WIN.

...On a personal note. Now I am confirmed to see a World Series game in person. Holy poo poo.
:hfive:

Game 3? What section?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Poque and I will be in the bleachers for game 3 and in the 400s for games 4 and 5

Section 533 for all three games. :woop:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

CarterUSM posted:

Nice! Have fun!!

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I will be at Disneyworld for whatever the clinching game of this series is, which has cost me only slightly less than a ticket to the ballpark.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

John Wilkes Booth posted:

I will be at Disneyworld for whatever the clinching game of this series is, which has cost me only slightly less than a ticket to the ballpark.

Only $2500? drat

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Atomizer posted:

There was a Cleveland fan in the crowd with his face painted like a baseball. That's infinitely more appropriate than any of the "Indians" related bullshit. How can one guy be so reasonable and the rest of those retards not get it? :psyduck:

He used to paint his face in red face.

He also cut in line at the bathroom in front of me

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Dad and I will be in the bleachers for game 3.

What a dream.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

CarterUSM posted:

Woooooo that's pretty close, assuming my dad keeps his seats on that side. (Second row upper deck).

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Enjoy the gently caress out of going to the WS y'all. Have a beer for me.

Also I said Arrieta would throw a solid six but I'll be ok with an amazing 5.2.

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

FaradayCage posted:

Woooooo that's pretty close, assuming my dad keeps his seats on that side. (Second row upper deck).

I'm five rows up and right in the middle of the row. Downside: have to step over everyone to get to the bathrooms. Upside: I strategically picked them so the roof pillars are both out of the field of play in my sight lines.

I'm thinking this season ticket change period I may try to either get row 1 of the upper section of the upper deck, or down fairly low in the lower section of the upper deck. Love the sight lines, regardless!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We got some rich mother fuckers in SAS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Why can't it be me?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Popete posted:

Did you not see the donate posts? I'd go if I weren't in Idaho saving to buy a house.

Rizzos up to 340lbs on my "I'll deadlift 20lbs/TB tracker" from G4 NLCS on.

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Popete posted:

I have a single seat in the cheapest section. I think it's about $1900 a year, which I can make a decent bit back because I can't go to many of the games, as I'm liable to be traveling for work. Postseason was ~$1100 for all possible games. If you get a few friends together and have a ticket draft, it's actually not too bad for season tickets. The tough part is getting them in the first place. I don't even want to think about what the wait list is like right now.

(Edit: not to say it isn't a chunk of change, but there are ways to make it more affordable. 82 home games for $1900 is ~$23 per seat per game. Can definitely spread it around a bit)

CarterUSM fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 27, 2016

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Popete posted:

Season tickets is the way to go.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Closest I've ever been to a World Series game was an Astros NLDS game

:smith:

Have fun you rich bastards

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FaradayCage posted:

Season tickets is the way to go.

Oh good, only 48k people ahead of me!

:cry:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

CarterUSM posted:

I don't even want to think about what the wait list is like right now.

I signed up a decade ago and I'm 26,550th in line

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

CubsWoo posted:

I signed up a decade ago and I'm 26,550th in line

I waited ten years, and was called in 2012, after the Cubs had their 100+ loss season. That may have had something to do with it. I think there were ~44k people in front of me when I signed up. That's got to be one of the longer season ticket wait lists in pro sports, I'd think.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I was ready to buy tickets, but my furnace died on Monday night, so that ate up the ticket fund. :smith:

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Popete posted:

Oh good, only 48k people ahead of me!

:cry:

My dad's been going to games since you could clean up your row to get a free ticket to the next game.

Can't think of many people that deserve it as much as that.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

MichiganCubbie posted:

I was ready to buy tickets, but my furnace died on Monday night, so that ate up the ticket fund. :smith:

Make it work

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

CubsWoo posted:

Make it work

Why do we make the season this long?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CubsWoo posted:

Make it work

By the way, the reason Schwarber is heating up the mid section of the bat like that is to get the pine tar sticky again. In cold weather pine tar becomes solid and loses its tackiness.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Has anyone posted this yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VgufM9iLbI

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Needs to be a white guy in face paint.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

:agreed:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CarterUSM posted:

I have a single seat in the cheapest section. I think it's about $1900 a year, which I can make a decent bit back because I can't go to many of the games, as I'm liable to be traveling for work. Postseason was ~$1100 for all possible games. If you get a few friends together and have a ticket draft, it's actually not too bad for season tickets. The tough part is getting them in the first place. I don't even want to think about what the wait list is like right now.

(Edit: not to say it isn't a chunk of change, but there are ways to make it more affordable. 82 home games for $1900 is ~$23 per seat per game. Can definitely spread it around a bit)

For amusement, I signed up for Cubs season tickets 2 days ago. My waiting list number is currently: 96258

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Popete posted:

By the way, the reason Schwarber is heating up the mid section of the bat like that is to get the pine tar sticky again. In cold weather pine tar becomes solid and loses its tackiness.

But that's Schwarber in the background, so who was heating up the bat? :confused:

Popete posted:

It was a white guy (sort of; Sicilian): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Popete posted:

My wife's dad has Indians season tickets and gave this game to us

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My number got called on the waiting list back in 2014 and I turned it down.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Atomizer posted:

But that's Schwarber in the background, so who was heating up the bat? :confused:

Probably some boy. Some boy whose responsibility lies primarily with the bats.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

CarterUSM posted:

I'm five rows up and right in the middle of the row. Downside: have to step over everyone to get to the bathrooms. Upside: I strategically picked them so the roof pillars are both out of the field of play in my sight lines.

I'm thinking this season ticket change period I may try to either get row 1 of the upper section of the upper deck, or down fairly low in the lower section of the upper deck. Love the sight lines, regardless!

Don't go to far down, especially if you're in foul territory past the bases. There's a certain point where a third of the outfield is essentially a black void of can't see poo poo.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

isn't it though, already?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sydin posted:

THANK YOU

Cubs win an actual world series game! :toot:

You know, it took me a while to actually realize this. They actually won. In the World Series. A WORLD SERIES GAME, THE CUBS!
:sotw::sotw::sotw::sotw::sotw::sotw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

FaradayCage posted:

Probably some boy. Some boy whose responsibility lies primarily with the bats.

Not following you. Could you break it down for me?

• Locked thread