Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:getin: or :frogout:
This poll is closed.
:boom: 38 17.35%
yes 34 15.53%
no 18 8.22%
maybe 22 10.05%
paging pagancow 40 18.26%
all of the above 24 10.96%
:same: 43 19.63%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Luigi Thirty posted:

what the hell is this??? it weighs a ton

aaag peanuts

oh god

IT'S A LAPPY 386

thanks eschaton!
a plastic rectangle weighing in an extremely portable forty-two pounds, and features an impressive battery life of one half of ten minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Luigi Thirty posted:

it boots to a windows 3.1 desktop with an error message saying someone's quicken data is missing :pwn:
well then you'd better find it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ahmeni posted:

been at a conference most of the week so still no time to work on it
was this the little metal corner bits? because I've binned those :ohdear:
haha

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i think i finally decided on the second part of my gift, and it's a good thing too because there's only two weeks until the big day

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it's not christmas for almost two more weeks and those people are opening their presents early :mad:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

2015, an excellent year

finally i can learn from the best us president of 2017
drat, that's harsh.

p.s. jan 21 is inauguration day

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello anthonypants

do you have any allergies?
i do not have any known food or drug allergies

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

bump_fn posted:

liquids are heavy and therefore always pricy to ship but im not gonna deny my santee some alcohol
same and also it's gonna suck because i'm shipping so late

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i was going to do the final shopping for my gift tonight but it snowed an inch or two and it is impossible to do anything because people have not heard of chains so they are just parking in the middle of the road

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm hoping to get my gift out tomorrow, if i don't die in a blazing wreck

poor portland, thought of snowflakes and died
i'm probably going to get part one of mine out on friday, i was hoping to do both of em at the same time but it doesn't look like that's happening. rip portland

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Symbolic Butt posted:

last year I got a tootsie roll from tfe and I'm convinced it's the americanest candy
have you tried hershey chocolate yet, in either bar or kiss form

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
ok i think i'm all set on my gifts and i hope they get there on time, and also that my santee appreciates them

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
hell yeah coffee crisp owns. also the rest of it, a good yosgift

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

CrazyLittle posted:

2016 is clearly the year that yostops are the cheap go-to gift
i did not give my santee a yostop and i hope they like their gift anyway :ohdear:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Kuvo posted:

trip report: coffee crisp is good where do i find more
if you have a specialty candy store in your area they'll almost certainly carry it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

flakeloaf posted:

canadians shoudl put those in every box

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

loving lol, i tripple checked but had my 9mo on my lap. gently caress

There's a LOT of them in the E:\ drive under E:\DATA\SEETS ;)

Some examples:

They're all here: http://imgur.com/a/JSBXx?grid
godzilla floppy disk label stickers

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

MiniFoo posted:

aaaawwww shiiiiit son

mine's gettin close too :f5:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Symbolic Butt posted:

gnome 3 is fine and good

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

C.H.O.M.E posted:

lots of Canadian goodies inside!

not a single coffee crisp in sight

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
ahhhhh gently caress i could've included some oglaf chick tracts that would've been good

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

CrazyLittle posted:

I won't spoil it before the new year but will release the match ups after bans are handed out
hmm it's not a very secret santa then is it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

How's this for a Christmas loving Miracle: Run The Jewels just dropped RTJ3 for free on runthejewels.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ5rI461KNE

I needed this.
their website has been down for me since they announced it last night

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

enotnert posted:

also on tidal (lawl), spotify, and amazon prime music.

Went ahead and pre-ordered the vinyl hoping I'd get a download to jam in my ear from my phone. . . but hey
you can buy their album in flac for ten dollars

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i hope i didn't worry my santa too much but i didn't want to post about my XMAS gift until XMAS DAY even though it arrived on the 10th

unfortunately i don't have a floppy drive. or, i do, but it's attached to an old computer. i'd like to get one that works over usb with windows 10, does anyone have any suggestions? i would really like to try this game out. maybe i'll just download a copy from somewhere instead? :filez:

also i got bad rats on that day too and i hope that this game is slightly better than bad rats. but i'm pretty sure i've never heard of the summoning before.

thank you santa! i don't get home until later this week so i'll try to get it working then

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Smythe posted:

Greetings Secret Santers. I'm glad to be here. Small reminder from the ground floor:

I'm drunk on nog and I've got the :redhammer: and hell I can't wait to use it on some fuckers. You had best done gone and shipped your drat poo poo by now otherwise hell i'd shell out the big bucks for overnight if you value your FORUMS ACCOUNT mother Fuckers. Merry Christmas *racks shotgun*
thank you smythe and g-d bless you. what did you get this year?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Citizen Tayne posted:

Negative, it's bad
you're just saying that because it's too late to sign up for this year and too early to sign up for next year

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants posted:

i'm also not sure if i should be expecting anything else, but i don't want to make my santa feel bad for not demonstrably spending a ton of money or effort on a gift for me. besides,

ok so apparently my santa sent me a package via usps which was delivered on friday, according to a tracking number crazylittle pm'd me, but i left on friday morning to visit family and just returned to town tonight. and usps doesn't have any alerting/redirecting like ups/fedex does so i can't get email alerts when a suspicious package is arriving, or to tell them to hold it at the post office instead. i haven't had any issues with people stealing packages before so i'm sure it's fine and i'll find out in a few hours and post pictures

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Dec 28, 2016

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants posted:

ok so apparently my santa sent me a package via usps which was delivered on friday, according to a tracking number crazylittle pm'd me, but i left on friday morning to visit family and just returned to town tonight. and usps doesn't have any alerting/redirecting like ups/fedex does so i can't get email alerts when a suspicious package is arriving, or to tell them to hold it at the post office instead. i haven't had any issues with people stealing packages before so i'm sure it's fine and i'll find out in a few hours and post pictures
i got some sort of non-computered game

awwwww and it's a game for girls, yuck

i'll have to check my mailbox for other things but i literally just got home and i am tired and i would like to sleep
thank you duckfarts!!!!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

King Diamond posted:

Jumping in last minute.

First year participating, I've been on here over 10 years but have just started oozing out of my lurker den.

I'm into old school computers and old school PC Gaming, I'm a DJ (neurofunk drum & bass), beer, cyberpunk poo poo, retro star wars poo poo, and other general YOSPOS stuff.

T-Shirt is a medium.

Here's my little babe, which I got for my dad on Father's Day. Father included.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
never heard of him

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

CrazyLittle posted:

here's a map of the two rings for yosmas 2016
http://jsfiddle.net/crazylittle/g00zs5oo/embedded/result/
fiddle of the loops shamelessly forked from nevergirls

there's one ring for people who were willing to ship international, and one ring for usa-only santas. pairs were matched up by hashing each santa's yosmas signup timestamp, username, and real name. special requests got a seeded placement, and then the hashes were sorted past that point.

everyone who participated save for a select few were pretty on-top of their gifts this year fwiw and there's only one santa (King Diamond) that didn't post his gift, nor did he provide proof of shipment. so i doubt his santee Jimmy Carter should be expecting anything late from that guy.

backup santa this year was Just-In-Timberlake who gave bump_fn a chance at late yosmas, who in turn gave me a chance to get in without actually picking my own santa. I already have one gift en route to Jimmy to replace the deadbeat. there's also a group effort for additional bits but I'll leave that as a surprise until those things arrive.

last but not least, optimus_rhyme should be expecting one more bit that his santa gave me a peek at, and it looks pretty cool but shipping would be... impractical. don't give up hope!
that is a catte

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

bump_fn posted:

oops i forgot to post pictures

found a box that had been sitting in my office for like ... two weeks

inside was some cool stuff and also an ... inflated block of cheese?

i'm not going to eat this swiss as i'm pretty sure i will die if i open the package but the rest looks rad as hell thanks justin timberlake
it's just cheese, i'd guess the package blew up like that due to airplane decompression

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i was at a bar in chicago for xmas and they had a boilermaker with pabst and malort

i did not try it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Jimmy Carter posted:

wtf I want strong lips

I hate lips day
prolonged use of steroid cream on your skin is bad for you because it makes your skin thinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Cat Face Joe posted:

actually you have to wear them and poast a picture in this very thread
he'd look like an orange nightmare

• Locked thread