Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Yeah, that was easily one of the top 3 episodes of this entire show's run, except that I still don't much give a ding dong about the tire store plot and I resent that it's taking away from time that could be spent on the murder mystery, which HOLY poo poo just got a lot creepier (loving props to Bobby Dean and Clayne Crawford for absolutely killing it, and in Clayne's case he did it in BACK TO BACK scenes), or on Daniel hulking out because a dude jerked off in front of him.

Now I do think it's a little odd to backslide on Daniel's fear of intimacy, as in season 2 he was already out partying and loving and in season 3 there was him with Tawney. The scene of Revolutionary Girl Utena saying "I can hold you" felt completely unnecessary, because as I said we've been shown that he's not spooked about female sexuality much at all.

The whole art girl plot just feels so cheesy and contrived. If they felt like they needed to give Daniel some type of romance/pseudo romance plot this season, I wish they just had it be with the female parolee from the first episode. At least that would've been an actual believable human being/character/relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Daniel's "relationship" plot is still so terrible. Give me more scenes of him and his housemates instead of his no chemistry platonic romance

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

This season had some great moments amongst a lot of stuff I just did not care about. It also has nothing to do with the murder/mystery line of argument people are putting forth. There just wasn't hardly any dramatic tension for me to care about this season and then when there was something I thought was interesting, it would quickly be dropped in favor of more low stakes and unentertaining navelgazing. The other seasons had me heavily invested in almost every scene, this one I was just mostly apathetic towards. Overall, I think the only major plot that I truly enjoyed and cared about this season was Teddie's journey towards being a fully awesome dude.

savinhill fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 16, 2016

• Locked thread