Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I just found out respawn is making Star Wars games for the foreseeable future, like criterion. I loving hate EA and Disney

I think thats a second dev studio team, after titanfall they uphired a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this might straight up be one of the funnest campaigns of any multiplayer shooter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

this might straight up be one of the funnest campaigns of any multiplayer shooter

It's seriously sick. If I didn't have the like 30+ minutes of walk and talk tutorial stuff at the beginning that's required by AAA law it would be perfect

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I just found out respawn is making Star Wars games for the foreseeable future, like criterion. I loving hate EA and Disney

It's funny because even Normies thought battlefront sucked. So where is the money going to come from.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkopath posted:

I think thats a second dev studio team, after titanfall they uphired a bunch.

lol even the "respawn star wars team" got a shout out in the special thanks in the credits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

It's funny because even Normies thought battlefront sucked. So where is the money going to come from.

The 25 million people who preordered it sight unseen when they showed 30 seconds of Darth Vader using a lightsaber.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the mgl seems way better than the starter anti titan laser cannon you get, it can reach out to almost the same distance and does way more damage , and you only have to aim in the general direction

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also really funny: getting ambushed by a full health ronin and just turning around and dropping scorch's flame core on them, making them explode immediately without any time to react

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm a bag fan of using the instadrop perk, rodeo-ing an enemy with a Titan ready and just down down on the dpad to instakill them. Idk if I already posted that here though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I'm a bag fan of using the instadrop perk, rodeo-ing an enemy with a Titan ready and just down down on the dpad to instakill them. Idk if I already posted that here though

i'm gridning until i get that silent footstep thing that also makes it so an alert doesn't come up when you rodeo a titan.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

i'm gridning until i get that silent footstep thing that also makes it so an alert doesn't come up when you rodeo a titan.

I want this too, it seems OP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What does it replace? There's a few spots in the loadout for different tech stuff that makes me wish they would just adopt the COD Perk nomenclature

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

What does it replace? There's a few spots in the loadout for different tech stuff that makes me wish they would just adopt the COD Perk nomenclature

kit 2- so kill marker or wall hang in your pilot screen. level 40 tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

kit 2- so kill marker or wall hang in your pilot screen. level 40 tho

Yeah that stuff seems totally ancillary compared to silent rodeo. I think the only other option than wall hang and kill marker is like instant cockpit which, if you're dropping smartly, doesn't matter at all

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Yeah that stuff seems totally ancillary compared to silent rodeo. I think the only other option than wall hang and kill marker is like instant cockpit which, if you're dropping smartly, doesn't matter at all

yeah, it's crazy op in my head because it's already doable to rodeo a titan to death if the pilot isn't in it or paying attention. I don't remember if this was in tf1 but titan's instantly exploding and killing the pilot if you rodeo it while its core is exposed is awesome.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTt2gUSGbY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

yeah, it's crazy op in my head because it's already doable to rodeo a titan to death if the pilot isn't in it or paying attention. I don't remember if this was in tf1 but titan's instantly exploding and killing the pilot if you rodeo it while its core is exposed is awesome.

Well if you get rodeo'd during doomed state and don't do anything you deserve it. If I get doomed I immediately dash to the closest Titan and self destruct

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I tossed a frag at 2 players as I slid by behind them and immediately jumped + hooked a 3rd guy and punched him to death. This game is so insanely good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

small hendren posted:

I tossed a frag at 2 players as I slid by behind them and immediately jumped + hooked a 3rd guy and punched him to death. This game is so insanely good.

I love Titanfall 2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Finished SP. This might be my GOTY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody made an interesting console shooter for 20+ years and then Splatoon and Titanfall 2 changes the game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The final boss seems way, way easier than all the other bosses, both because of the room you're in and there are health enemies and containers everywhere. I got my rear end kicked at least a couple of times by all the other bosses but she didn't even get me down to half health. That's the only remotely disappointing thing in the campaign IMHO

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The final boss seems way, way easier than all the other bosses, both because of the room you're in and there are health enemies and containers everywhere. I got my rear end kicked at least a couple of times by all the other bosses but she didn't even get me down to half health. That's the only remotely disappointing thing in the campaign IMHO

I think a lot of that is the titan they give you though, I think if you could retroactively use it in the previous levels it would make mince of every other boss too. They throw more titans at you in her fight than any other but Legion gets headshots so easy and so often.

Entirely null if you switched though lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just bought this on PC due to all the good poo poo y'all are saying... Hope I don't regret this.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh muh loving gawd!! When Rino hacked into the computer system and reversed time to save Adkins that was the all time dopest poo poo! :cabot: cannot believe they managed to take the absolute perfection of Titan fall one and add a story that surpasses even the canonical classic works on fiction. The absolute loving madmen of repspawn games have done it again, and this time they are kicking rear end and taking names. I'm not kidding when I say I never had the urge to write an essay about a games story before I finished this game, but I'm already thinking of enrolling in H.A.C.C and taking some writing and English classes on the side [yes I'm 38 years old and yes, I have a STEM degree already] just to get back into penning the good word on paper (tablet in this instance). Thank you EA, for having the faith in the gods of gaming themselves and delivimerimg a true knock out once again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Oh muh loving gawd!! When Rino hacked into the computer system and reversed time to save Adkins that was the all time dopest poo poo! :cabot: cannot believe they managed to take the absolute perfection of Titan fall one and add a story that surpasses even the canonical classic works on fiction. The absolute loving madmen of repspawn games have done it again, and this time they are kicking rear end and taking names. I'm not kidding when I say I never had the urge to write an essay about a games story before I finished this game, but I'm already thinking of enrolling in H.A.C.C and taking some writing and English classes on the side [yes I'm 38 years old and yes, I have a STEM degree already] just to get back into penning the good word on paper (tablet in this instance). Thank you EA, for having the faith in the gods of gaming themselves and delivimerimg a true knock out once again.

🤔

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Let's all play this tomorrow, if any of EA's game servers are working.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well I'm getting it tomorrow at target so I'll see you on

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Keep getting the Titanfal 2 ad on youtube and twitch that uses the reworked version of nancy sinatras "Bang Bang" and it absolutely breahtaking.

Chills everytime. Kudos to you, TF2, for having such an Awesome marketing camoeign.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Keep getting the Titanfal 2 ad on youtube and twitch that uses the reworked version of nancy sinatras "Bang Bang" and it absolutely breahtaking.

Chills everytime. Kudos to you, TF2, for having such an Awesome marketing camoeign.

I had this cool dream the other day that might make a cool commercial or TV ad or something where santa claus is leaving the north pole and you see the one horse open sleigh over the clouds or whatever and it lands in a clearing and you have the reindeer and the whole thing and Santa hops out of the sleigh wearing his whole red outfit or whatever he wheres and he turns to the camera and says Merry Christmas and thats when you realize its a Titan from Titan fall and that would make a cool promotion for the game and would be a great ad and basically the ultimate christmas gift,.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bang Bang, the mech shot them down...

...Bang bang, that Epic sound...

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

my score was 5 and his was 6,

i screamed in the mic "you suck dicks"

Bang-bang....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Bang-bang....

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/EXwdWuSuiYA

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Bang-bang....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Haven't even been able to play. This sucks dicks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently all the servers broke, that's hosed up.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What are you playing this on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Retarded_Clown_ posted: