Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
because it's illegal to do multiplayer before the campaign i've played most of it and i think i liek it even more than doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I die a lot because I try to get through as much as the game without killing anybody and I've been mildly successful at it past the first level or two which has more open area combat sequences

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

campaign moves a lot faster than say doom, which had way too many watch people talk-sequences in spite of how hot people were on it

I thought that only happened once, when you meet that robot CEO halfway in the game. I guess that's still one time too many though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Next time doom is on sale I'm gonna pull the trigger because I'm in a big time FPS mood again.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I thought the A-Wall pilot wouldn't be worth using in a game that moves this fast, but it sets up fast enough and has so much health that it can turn a fight around almost reliably.

I think it can even tank titan shots.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Next time doom is on sale I'm gonna pull the trigger because I'm in a big time FPS mood again.

The combat in it reminded me a bunch of RE4, for what its worth. Just in terms of pacing I mean, lots of running around just to keep distance between you and the enemy while you figure out your next move. Still haven't finished it though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sharkopath posted:

I thought the A-Wall pilot wouldn't be worth using in a game that moves this fast, but it sets up fast enough and has so much health that it can turn a fight around almost reliably.

I think it can even tank titan shots.

It can. Also I'm not sure if it's ever practical but the wall also makes your grenades more powerful when you toss them through it which is a really cool touch

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I hope the XO-16 comes back. I loved using it in the first game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hope the XO-16 comes back. I loved using it in the first game.

it's super weird that they don't have the default titan in the game when you have it campaign.

I bet they'll make the BT chassis at some point for multi though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last Titan standing is like a class based shooter.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A friend and I just play led LTS for the first time in this today and got our asses kicked... we each did twice as much damage as the other 3 people on our team put together though, so I'd imagine a full team of friends communicating could dominate.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A friend and I just play led LTS for the first time in this today and got our asses kicked... we each did twice as much damage as the other 3 people on our team put together though, so I'd imagine a full team of friends communicating could dominate.

im getting real tired of people on my team only ending with 6 points in attrition

1 pilot kill 1 grunt the entire round

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

im getting real tired of people on my team only ending with 6 points in attrition

1 pilot kill 1 grunt the entire round

Similarly any gamer who ends hardpoint with 0 defense points must be annihilated

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The aerial assault level ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The finale was awesome as well. Stay safe out there BT.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
The ticks seem to be pretty useless except on bounty hunt. I got a quad kill when everyone ran into the bank room.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
me dropping a titan on the dipshit that put map hack and sonar ping in the game

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

small hendren posted:

The ticks seem to be pretty useless except on bounty hunt. I got a quad kill when everyone ran into the bank room.

yah i've had more luck with the turrets

right now people who get kills with ticks treat it like martyrdom, if you're about to die throw out all the ticks you got and they might explode on the person running past you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

me dropping a titan on the dipshit that put map hack and sonar ping in the game

https://twitter.com/jonshiring/status/793264785085255680

it will be fixed hopefully

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Map Hack would be better if it was just a UAV-style minimal sweep that showed non-cloaked enemies I think. As for sonar ping, I think it could be ok if they either increased the cooldown or decreased throwing range/radius.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

UAV works well because it's just a minimap boost, so you still need some level awareness to know "oh they're probably coming in from this hallway" and such. Having a wall hack that can last over half the round if you're careful is kinda nuts

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got this

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i just got it also

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing at the moment if anybody wants to hop in

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this game still runs on the source engine, wierd

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everyone add me:

SA_KnivesOut

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

we just retired for the 'eve but Ill add you tomorrow.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I bought this for PC :human being:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I bought this for PC :human being:

Every time I play it I feel like doing this was more and more of a mistake lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Besides that Titans are extremely strong, all the mobility in the world pilot vs pilot doesn't matter when you die in 1-3 shots depending on if one of the bullets hits your head except in the rarest situations and you don't even need great reflexes to make that nearly trivial on PC. It's basically just a fancy way of flanking people and killing them instantly more than it lends to like interesting fights which... maybe it's the same way on console but I feel like better movement would be rewarded at least a little more on there just because of the controls. That said I did get a cool kill on someone where I grappled a building they were camping in and whipped em.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess unless your fighting someone with a rocket launcher or whatever but not many people are crazy enough to play with that instead of just a SMG.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the rocket launcher is supposed to be if you want to use a weapon that could be anti Titan and then a pistol. But it doesn't do crap against Titans either

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I think the rocket launcher is supposed to be if you want to use a weapon that could be anti Titan and then a pistol. But it doesn't do crap against Titans either

Yea it's just cool for feeling like a badass when you manage to kill someone who isn't looking near you with a SMG.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the autoaim on console is so extreme that if a pilot jumps around a corner the game will take over completely and turn your view like crazy. I've seen it make it me do a 180 without any input lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just think it's such a shame that they have the cool movement but it's not cool enough to counteract how fast things die.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Also the autoaim on console is so extreme that if a pilot jumps around a corner the game will take over completely and turn your view like crazy. I've seen it make it me do a 180 without any input lol.

Oh, lol...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thankfully you can turn it off.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I just think it's such a shame that they have the cool movement but it's not cool enough to counteract how fast things die.

its insane not one game developer has worked out how the low ttk works in counter strike

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

making every smg fire awp bullets with no recoil ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will say I've played enough multi to prestige once and then more levels after and I don't think I've ever seen one person use a sniper rifle, which is nice. Probably because it's impossible to aim them on console but dying to hit scan body shot OHKO snipers makes me rage when I played COD on PC.

• Locked thread