Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I will say I've played enough multi to prestige once and then more levels after and I don't think I've ever seen one person use a sniper rifle, which is nice. Probably because it's impossible to aim them on console but dying to hit scan body shot OHKO snipers makes me rage when I played COD on PC.

You can do some work with them if you bring a wall, but if you want rad 1 hit kills the mastiff shot gun is way better.

The way it works means it's accurate at midrange too, it's a supremely cool videogame shotgub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's like the reason it works for CS is because the game is barely really about having to shoot people most of the time and mostly about positioning, but in this you can move so fast and go ham but because you die so quick it's like they want you to be a huge pussy but the maps aren't made like CS maps, it's just cobbled together geometry that you spawn randomly on so there's little concrete strategizing to do either. So what is really going on. Who knows. Get in the robot and kill the little guys and enjoy the chaotic spectacle I guess. Play a gimmick class. Whatever...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I will say I've played enough multi to prestige once and then more levels after and I don't think I've ever seen one person use a sniper rifle, which is nice. Probably because it's impossible to aim them on console but dying to hit scan body shot OHKO snipers makes me rage when I played COD on PC.

I see a lot of burst fire guys instead of snipers but when you can be insta pwned by a stray headshot someone didn't fully intend to do then I guess who needs a sniper rifle. They make a big fuss in the loading screens about how you can prioritize pilot play or whatever but every pretty much every game is about getting your titans so you don't have to be a weak little turd anymore and only some of them make you leave the titan, but you gotta have some people in titans because nothing is close to as strong as a titan except another titan.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I see a lot of burst fire guys instead of snipers but when you can be insta pwned by a stray headshot someone didn't fully intend to do then I guess who needs a sniper rifle. They make a big fuss in the loading screens about how you can prioritize pilot play or whatever but every pretty much every game is about getting your titans so you don't have to be a weak little turd anymore and only some of them make you leave the titan, but you gotta have some people in titans because nothing is close to as strong as a titan except another titan.
i spend a lot of time out of my titan cause an auto titan with the smart chip and a pilot on foot near cover will win a 1v1 robot fight, the anti titan weapons do massive damage

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What level do I have to be to get the smart chip. I hate the levels in these games. Why can't I have everything right away.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

What level do I have to be to get the smart chip. I hate the levels in these games. Why can't I have everything right away.

its the one you start with

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't understand the people who are like Levels in TF2 and Overwatch and whatever are Gay because you don't get anything for them. Well if it's just a stupid number that's always going up it's innocuous at worst, and not a stupid content time-gate at best.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

its the one you start with

My robot only manages to kill extremely stupid people if I'm not in it and I don't even remember seeing a smart chip. Is it with the perks like extra dodge or whateevr.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I don't understand the people who are like Levels in TF2 and Overwatch and whatever are Gay because you don't get anything for them. Well if it's just a stupid number that's always going up it's innocuous at worst, and not a stupid content time-gate at best.

i dream of a big time shootgame launching without unlocks and skinner box stuff......

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

i dream of a big time shootgame launching without unlocks and skinner box stuff......

It will never happen again

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

My robot only manages to kill extremely stupid people if I'm not in it and I don't even remember seeing a smart chip. Is it with the perks like extra dodge or whateevr.

nah its the first titan custom slot, its called enhanced something something chip i think

it doesn't make them smart enough to win fights by themselves but it lets them use their defensive abilities so they take less damage and you can hit the enemy titan with your weapon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

People love unlocking stuff

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

without it they just stand around and fire primary until they explode

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:roboluv: :Rail gun powering up... Shoots 30 feet behind target.
Me ( :dukedoge: ): :dawkins101:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's something kinda comforting about the robot following me around like a huge insanely stupid dog though, truth be told.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

There's something kinda comforting about the robot following me around like a huge insanely stupid dog though, truth be told.

I like how each one has a different cockpit entering animation. I also like that if you leave Ronin in auto mode near AI enemies instead f shooting them it slides back and forth on top of them until they die.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I like how each one has a different cockpit entering animation. I also like that if you leave Ronin in auto mode near AI enemies instead f shooting them it slides back and forth on top of them until they die.

lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay this game is loving incredible. The maps are great and weapons including the shotgun feel nice

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frank Lumpy and I were having a blast. Love the mix of modes as well

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

Frank Lumpy and I were having a blast. Love the mix of modes as well

yeah we had some great games, it's gonna be awesome to have everyone on when we can.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i broke 150 for the first time today in attrition but still lost

you'd be surprised how many people can't deal with simple wallrunning into crouchsliding

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

THis gameis awesome just awesome.

Me and the mates were having a LAN party for Halloween playing this and actually had a minigame going where every time one of us died we had to say "bang-bang muh babby shot me down" and if someone forgets they have to do a "titan drop" where they lay down on the floor and someone drops an empty Bawls bottle on their nuts.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

You can have the option to pass on it but if you do you have to get called "Tyler Turden" for therest of the month.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull im on pc too add me.

I like the multi, capture the flag was insanely bad though. It seems you get put onto teams where people do nothing a lot.

I liked last titan standing a lot, like a mechwarrior lite

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

You can have the option to pass on it but if you do you have to get called "Tyler Turden" for therest of the month.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Me and the mates were having a LAN party for Halloween playing this and actually had a minigame going where every time one of us died we had to say "bang-bang muh babby shot me down" and if someone forgets they have to do a "titan drop" where they lay down on the floor and someone drops an empty Bawls bottle on their nuts.

People are going to think I'm trolling but I know the guy who created Bawls and he has a barn in Ohio filled to the ceiling with unsold crates of Bawls.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Finished campaign on hard. Feel like doing it again on veteran or whatever and getting the rest of the helmets. Seems like a campaign that doesn't become an awful grind when you crank it up

Wormskull posted:

Besides that Titans are extremely strong, all the mobility in the world pilot vs pilot doesn't matter when you die in 1-3 shots depending on if one of the bullets hits your head except in the rarest situations and you don't even need great reflexes to make that nearly trivial on PC. It's basically just a fancy way of flanking people and killing them instantly more than it lends to like interesting fights which... maybe it's the same way on console but I feel like better movement would be rewarded at least a little more on there just because of the controls. That said I did get a cool kill on someone where I grappled a building they were camping in and whipped em.

FWIW I played the console beta and it was 10x more frustrating to try and map the freedom of movement to the limitations of a gamepad :Shrugface:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

People are going to think I'm trolling but I know the guy who created Bawls and he has a barn in Ohio filled to the ceiling with unsold crates of Bawls.

Get me in touch with him

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

I hold onto my Titan for forever because I refuse to drop it unless I'm in a position to make it drop on an enemy Titan. Do this the moment after someone summons theirs for maximum Titansalt.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

I hold onto my Titan for forever because I refuse to drop it unless I'm in a position to make it drop on an enemy Titan. Do this the moment after someone summons theirs for maximum Titansalt.

I did this last night defending a hardpoint on that one bridge with point B. It was awesome and it took out the Titan plus two other guys. Then I set it to defend B while we capped C and won the match by just a few points. This game is honestly a loving blast. Also I took a video need to upload of doing a slide down a slope for like 45 seconds and at the end a guy appeared around a corner and I blasted him with the EVA-8. ''Twas an awesome feeling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At first i was annoyed at how many guns were behind level unlocks but after using all of them I realized they made all the most fun weapons available from Level 1 anyway. Except the mastiff

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm gonna pick this up this weekend but I won't be able to play until Sunday night. Is everyone else in

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm gonna pick this up this weekend but I won't be able to play until Sunday night. Is everyone else in

I don't work Monday so I'll be on all Sunday night maybe 10pm after Westworld

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pablo I can't wait to see what legendary KD you get in your first night lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Pablo I can't wait to see what legendary KD you get in your first night lol

It might be even worse playing with a controller lol. I'm gonna say 2-53

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

It might be even worse playing with a controller lol. I'm gonna say 2-53

:pablo2:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If it makes you feel any better, most modes don't show K/D at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Insanely sexy computer voice] Your Titan Is Ready
*shifts the way I'm sitting due to awkward boner*

• Locked thread