Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I'm here to confirm my admiration for uranus and his good posting.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I hate cats.

Dogs all the way.

Let's hunt scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

it's me i'm the op

messed up if true

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

derp posted:

not in magnus gallant math

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

First post full claim suck mah dillz

You are aware that, if you are town, this is not good play for your alignment, correct?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

No it is actually good play, furthermore

Hmm.

Contentless shitposting.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

I can already tell you're gonna be the Kashuno of this game and my vote is staying where it is, in perpetuity

If you don't actually want to play mafia, you shouldn't sign up for games vOv

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

derp posted:

jim could be scum, but he could also be town. dont get too hasty now, lets all think about things and not do any voting just yet

don't like this sentiment in any context

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Jimmy

votefinder treats a vote for "jimmy" as voting for jimson

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

derp posted:

burger king is anti intellectual

Have It Your Way

But no, just the discouraging voting part. It's bad.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

well at least you admit the portrayal

derp posted:

h... help help me, im becoming... DISINGENUOUS

I'm appointing myself deputy of thoughtcrime.

You have committed a thoughtcrime, mr. derp.

What do you have to say for yourself?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

derp posted:

my only thought crime was to actually think! you are anti thought! fascist! ! !

I was the spark that led you to start work on your current piece of writing.

I just want to channel your thoughts in the right direction, mr. derp.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

this is a good point but i think people are just being real casual with their treats.

Wait so is it a good point? You kind of contradict yourself here.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

The good point is that people are super generous in giving their treats to FL without him clearing himself and that's odd.

It's not really odd if people are just being casual with their treats, though?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, reread. Nothing exciting is really sticking out to me yet.

Jimmy seems the scummiest on posting, but I can see the setup/role reasons to keep him around.

:agreed:

Infinitum posted:

It is IF they are on the same scum team and wish to claim the treat prize for themselves, so casual flippant responses like "he has a cat avatar" should be raising eyebrows.

Most players may see a vote leader for the treats and just toss them that way out of apathy.

All I'm saying is the treats are the hook to this game and we should be giving them out cautiously instead of casually

I don't think your point is bad, Inf. I just am not sure about Somber's phrasing of "You have a good point, except here is the excuse that makes your point worthless."

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The treat economy is rigged to favor the top 1%. We need to throw off our shackles and make the millionaires and billionaires pay their fair share of treats!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Flying Leatherman posted:

It felt like his vote on me and reasoning for it came from a town perspective.

how magnanimous of you

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

28 years? Haha, you're old.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Getting scum vibes from AA. Very self-conscious, and some of his word choice really pings me. Also didn't like stickup's series of consecutive posts on page 7. Them both voting Inf early makes me think Inf is town.

CapitalistPig posted:

also I call everyone idiots in almost every single mafia game, it is kind of my thing.

If there is no other meta I have it is that I call people idiots.

It's almost a catchphrase at this point.

:arghfist:

derp posted:

this is a funny post. what do you think fl could do to 'clear himself' ?

this is a really good point, and actually speaks to a very self-conscious mindset that I don't think is town.

Tired Moritz posted:

Sorry for not posting recently, I had to help my friend find a new place to live. Anyway,

Can you explain me to me why I seem scummy? Every game people seemed to think I'm scummy.

Lie detect, alignment cop, finding maf etc. I know it's very possible to bus someone but I've never seen a bus work out so it didn't occur to me at the time of posting. My logic is sound anyway, FL is potentially scum so it's odd that people would give him their treat votes. We don't know how strong treats can be so it's wise to be wary who to give them to.

Can you tell me exactly how my posting is different from that game? That game started with P Mushroom being obvious scum, and I spend most of the time trying to get people to lynch them before I died. Nothing much is happening right now.

Don't anyone think it's weird that they are three people suddenly pushing onto me when I'm gone for a bit? It reeks of mafia trying to take advantage of the fact that I'm away. Especially with vague and kinda lovely reasoning.

Derp is probably the most suspicious of the three because I don't even understand what he is trying to imply, and seemed like a maf boy trying to bandwagon on me by following KB.

##vote Derp

This case is incredibly defensive, self-conscious, and the worst thing to me is the "my logic is sound" because it sounds like something a scum would say. When you fake an opinion, you make sure that that opinion is logical and reasonable and I can very much imagine someone getting upset and defensive when it's seen as not such. ##vote tired

let's lynch this scum folks

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

You hadn't put yourself out there. Your last posts were all asking questions of people without following up on their answers. You weren't really making any strong alignment calls.

Like seriously, look at your own posts before you made this response and imagine if someone else had made them and what you'd think of them.

his case was all asking questions of people and then just asserting a conclusion.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

So Jimson thinks the scum is derp. He's going to make a case on him as soon as he has time.

Now suddenly he's feeling infi and Derp is his read for towniest mofo in the game because he treats him.

Yeah, nope.

Jimson is scum.

this is kind of too scummy to be scum for me tbh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

You should do that. We should consolidate our votes a bit more.

On poster Tired Moritz, yes.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

It's totally Jimson. Too scummy to be scum is not something to let him slide on.

I'd vote Jimson, he certainly could be scum, I just don't think scum would make such a stupid loving mistake. Jimson's not thinking and I don't know if that's indicative of alignment.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

okay then, better than inf ##vote jimson

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Bullshit kill, scum.

Tired Moritz posted:

Sorry for not posting recently, I had to help my friend find a new place to live. Anyway,

Can you explain me to me why I seem scummy? Every game people seemed to think I'm scummy.

Lie detect, alignment cop, finding maf etc. I know it's very possible to bus someone but I've never seen a bus work out so it didn't occur to me at the time of posting. My logic is sound anyway, FL is potentially scum so it's odd that people would give him their treat votes. We don't know how strong treats can be so it's wise to be wary who to give them to.

Can you tell me exactly how my posting is different from that game? That game started with P Mushroom being obvious scum, and I spend most of the time trying to get people to lynch them before I died. Nothing much is happening right now.

Don't anyone think it's weird that they are three people suddenly pushing onto me when I'm gone for a bit? It reeks of mafia trying to take advantage of the fact that I'm away. Especially with vague and kinda lovely reasoning.

Derp is probably the most suspicious of the three because I don't even understand what he is trying to imply, and seemed like a maf boy trying to bandwagon on me by following KB.

##vote Derp

Seriously, look at this case. This is scum. ##vote moritz

We need to lunch this person.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hello folks. Sorry I didn't post more than once D2, I was super busy.

Infinitum is probably not scum, his claim seems pretty solid. It's actually

Tired Moritz

I'm Tiger, an "Escalating Rolecop." I choose a target, I receive their role name only, and then I have to investigate them a second time for full description of their role and a third time for the entire role PM.

N1 I investigated Moritz, he's a Roleblocking Rolecop. I was gonna put more effort into getting him lynched without claiming yesterday but it didn't work out. I highly doubt there are two town rolecops, especially since one of them is an RB.

N2 I investigated Somber, I can verify my result if I need to.

Let's lynch scum.

##vote tired moritz

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

Yup, I will confirm that I'm Roleblocker/Rolecop and I visited Derp last night.

The last time people used that logic, that there was no way AA would be tracker when we already had two trackers lead to his death. Do you really want to use "there's no way there's *insert number of roles* in this game" as logic?

and of course, Infinitum will jump onto it, pff.

Rolecop is a scumrole though, I wasn't pleased to have it.

I thought you were scum before I investigated you. You're literally two scum roles. Because you're scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

not sure how to take derp voting for me

it hurts tbh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

nothing matters in trump's america

bad guys get away with everything

the scum get to live, i suppose??

##unvote

jimmy hats is probably town though

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

j-hats has been genuine roadhogging all game, with good posts like this

Jimmy Hats posted:

haha that is a good joke and i had a 'lol' as you call it but i am 100% town boy and have been 100% truthful about everything at all times and i am #sorrynotsorry for being bad and wrong about things

i understand his candor and i read him as town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

-Visited KB the night he died
-Chose to observe KB's power rather than watching him, which would have caught the kill
-That power usage makes no sense

Okay when it's put in front of me like that it's a lot more convincing.

##vote jimmy hats

• Locked thread