Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Knifegrab posted:

I want to be a supporty boy. Gun shooty is fun but I want to be a skillsman, with super low cooldowns and powerful abilities. What should I work towards?

If you do a lot of solo play, I would definitely check out the Tacticians build people posted.

If you do group play, I would definitely recommend a full tilt skill power Reclaimer build. Unlimited ammo, revives, immunization, and a short cool down on your support station is so valuable to a lot of missions and game modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Jose Oquendo posted:

If you do a lot of solo play, I would definitely check out the Tacticians build people posted.

If you do group play, I would definitely recommend a full tilt skill power Reclaimer build. Unlimited ammo, revives, immunization, and a short cool down on your support station is so valuable to a lot of missions and game modes.
Yeah as far as PvE goes a nicely kitted Reclaimer is the poo poo. I don't have full classy on it so I run 4pc Rec with 2 TA for increased skill cooldown. I've thrown in support range/duration mods and 1 healing speed. With the Rec bonus when I throw down a station it has a huge radius and lasts a couple of minutes.

In Underground you can ignore shock ammo because of immunity. In Resistance you'll never have to buy ammo and one is pretty much required (2 is better) to make it through contamination waves. It will rez everyone. Where it doesn't shine is PvP because things move too fast/cooldown is too long and anyone with half a brain will shoot the station immediately, in that case first aid is better.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Fuzz posted:

Where do we get the 5 free Cypher keys? I checked the Rewards vendor and I'm not seeing poo poo.

poptart_fairy posted:

I found it under the resource tab. Double check there?
Same here, and I've def checked the resource tab. Could this be tied to Uplay or like a PC-only thing maybe?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Minidust posted:

Same here, and I've def checked the resource tab. Could this be tied to Uplay or like a PC-only thing maybe?

It's under currencies, I picked them up on my PS4

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I saw someone wearing a denim coat/jacket with a white fur collar.

Does anyone know what cache its in or where I can find it so I can play dress up in my shootyman game? Google is failing me bad.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

iSheep posted:

I saw someone wearing a denim coat/jacket with a white fur collar.

Does anyone know what cache its in or where I can find it so I can play dress up in my shootyman game? Google is failing me bad.

It’s the denim vest, mk1 caches

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
thank you god bless

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Spent a couple hours getting my poo poo sorted. 3k/9k/3k stats, 5/6 classy D3-FENC. Just need those loving gloves...

Damage of my Pp19 hasn't dropped as much as I thought it would. A House would be juice though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So I always knew Hunters were terrifying but since the only time I ever encountered them recently was across the street from the DZ02 Survival extraction they kind of lost their mystique.

Then I fought 2 of them in a tiny, crowded two level subway station with my pulse on cooldown, both Hunters still alive, me having no idea where they were because they had dodged behind some poo poo and stopped shooting, and I'm scared again.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
On the bright side I've yet to see them put an ice axe in me during a UG round!

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i haven't played in months, so i rolled a new character just to a fresh start on the game, even though i have a fully kitted 270+ dude laying around, but since loving when did the early game become so god damned brutal? i tore through it on release and maxed out like two weeks in, i'm getting absolutely destroyed and one-shotted by everything now

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

spaceships posted:

i haven't played in months, so i rolled a new character just to a fresh start on the game, even though i have a fully kitted 270+ dude laying around, but since loving when did the early game become so god damned brutal? i tore through it on release and maxed out like two weeks in, i'm getting absolutely destroyed and one-shotted by everything now
How much stamina/health do you have? You should probably have 4000 stamina absolute bare minimum. Depending on your build you should really have like 5000+

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kibayasu posted:

So I always knew Hunters were terrifying but since the only time I ever encountered them recently was across the street from the DZ02 Survival extraction they kind of lost their mystique.

Then I fought 2 of them in a tiny, crowded two level subway station with my pulse on cooldown, both Hunters still alive, me having no idea where they were because they had dodged behind some poo poo and stopped shooting, and I'm scared again.

Yeah, those guys are way more terrifying in such cramped areas and I'm pretty sure you always face multiples. Even on a solo, hard, 1 phase run, I've never gone against less than 2. At least you get a brief warning from your SHD tech when they come out. It's very subtle though. The disrupt that comes after definitely clues you in when they're coming.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

Yeah, those guys are way more terrifying in such cramped areas and I'm pretty sure you always face multiples. Even on a solo, hard, 1 phase run, I've never gone against less than 2. At least you get a brief warning from your SHD tech when they come out. It's very subtle though. The disrupt that comes after definitely clues you in when they're coming.

You’ll always fight 1 more than is in your group.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Roman posted:

How much stamina/health do you have? You should probably have 4000 stamina absolute bare minimum. Depending on your build you should really have like 5000+

as close to but above 3832 for talents unless your build should use more (Striker 6k, classified D3FNC or Predator 9k) imo. otherwise honestly dump stat it. Stamina just isn't as useful as Firearms or Electronics unless it explicitly activates a talent or build.

e: also the person you are quoting rolled a new character and is talking about early game. like level 1.

so uh, yeah, early game is pretty rude nowadays. there's been a lot of advice about it in the last few dozen pages though!

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 23, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Honestly I think the best advice I can give when it comes to the early game when you already have a high level character is to give a bunch of the trash you would normally sell/recycle to the low level character to sell. That way that character will always have the credits to buy the gear they need and when they need it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Kibayasu posted:

Honestly I think the best advice I can give when it comes to the early game when you already have a high level character is to give a bunch of the trash you would normally sell/recycle to the low level character to sell. That way that character will always have the credits to buy the gear they need and when they need it.

Credits are shared now tho. :confused:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
What is everyone's opinion on MarcoStyle saying the new pvp meta is > 4k stam?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

You’ll always fight 1 more than is in your group.

Well that explains it :v:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rick_Hunter posted:

What is everyone's opinion on MarcoStyle saying the new pvp meta is > 4k stam?

It definitely is. I spent all morning loving around with various builds and being an annoying rogue. Stam is good. And Health is still really good. It seems like you should dump about 7k+ main stat, fill up your stam to 4000+ and roll health on everything that can’t roll crit chance. Unless your gear requires otherwise of course.

And this is pvp obvs. I think for PvE health rolls are useless relative to EAD and whatnot.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rick_Hunter posted:

Credits are shared now tho. :confused:

Oh, never noticed. Never mind then.

Edit: Only got a beard scarf from a Santa outfit but I did get an ugly sweater jacket so I'm still happy.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 23, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Ran through all of the heroics and legendaries except Stolen Signal tonight with the goon krew. Good times. Sorry if I got grumpy/frustrated when we had those pubbies in our group.

edit: So I'd say it's safe to assume a Division sequel is definitely in the works. http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/23/the-division-dev-on-possibility-of-sequel-continuing-to-support-original-game

"“I think it's a wonderful, wonderful brand that has so many potential stories in it. There are a lot of things that we didn't do in The Division 1 that are interesting to look at for that brand,” Polfeldt said. “I definitely think there's lots of space for continuation which is beyond just keeping The Division online. But...I can't talk about that too much right now.”

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 23, 2017

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is there anyway to raise gear score on a weapon or gear? I have an exotic that is cool but it is only level 180, and I am world tier 5 now.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Is there anyway to raise gear score on a weapon or gear? I have an exotic that is cool but it is only level 180, and I am world tier 5 now.

You can use the optimization station in the Terminal of the BOO or at Camp Clinton. I'm not sure if there is a cap on how high you can take it. I would assume so.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I think you can only raise gear score with Optimization if it's already GS 256 or higher but I could be wrong

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone soloed a legendary mission without 6px classy strike?

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

poptart_fairy posted:

Has anyone soloed a legendary mission without 6px classy strike?

Use 4pc tac + barret + inventive. Look up Rodscher80 on YouTube, he has video guides on how to solo every legendary mission.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Roman posted:

I think you can only raise gear score with Optimization if it's already GS 256 or higher but I could be wrong

You can optimize any piece of gear but it’ll still cost 250k and 50 gold DivTech and only go to its max, not jump into the next tier of GS. So unless one wants to keep a low level character for PVP there isn’t much point in optimizing anything that isn’t in the 256+ range.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A used copy of The Division is $5 will I still get the good fun updates or will I need to buy dlc for that?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You'll miss out on Survival, Underground and objective based PvP. The base game will keep you plenty busy though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Uh, do used copies even exist since it’s an always-online game?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

you just need the disc in to play, it's not like a steam game

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

poptart_fairy posted:

You'll miss out on Survival, Underground and objective based PvP. The base game will keep you plenty busy though.
And honestly if you like the base game, $5 + cost of season pass is pretty reasonable for all the content.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol if you down a manhunt rogue prior to his bros clearing the station but then he bleeds out after, you get nothing and you go rogue automatically!!!! Insanely good.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Was finally able to get my D3 set to 9k stamina. Dropped my firearms to 4k, so responsive wasn't active on my house, but i managed to roll that into hurried. The fast reload makes it a whole new gun. Sitting at 52% CHC and 96% CHD.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ran through all of the heroics and legendaries except Stolen Signal tonight with the goon krew. Good times. Sorry if I got grumpy/frustrated when we had those pubbies in our group.

edit: So I'd say it's safe to assume a Division sequel is definitely in the works. http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/23/the-division-dev-on-possibility-of-sequel-continuing-to-support-original-game

"“I think it's a wonderful, wonderful brand that has so many potential stories in it. There are a lot of things that we didn't do in The Division 1 that are interesting to look at for that brand,” Polfeldt said. “I definitely think there's lots of space for continuation which is beyond just keeping The Division online. But...I can't talk about that too much right now.”

God drat it. They're going to pour a bunch of time and money to develop a lovely Pokémon go app, aren't they?

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

No worries about the pubbies, we had 3 solid agents actually communicating. Vodka tonics and heroics, good times for sure.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kibayasu posted:

I mean GameStop is selling something for $5 so I assume it would be the game

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I started playing this again. Currently I am gear score 219/World Rank 3. What is the fastest way I can solo grind to world rank 5? Rank 3 is a wasteland, I can't matchmake for anything and the dark zone is empty of players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

keyframe posted:

I started playing this again. Currently I am gear score 219/World Rank 3. What is the fastest way I can solo grind to world rank 5? Rank 3 is a wasteland, I can't matchmake for anything and the dark zone is empty of players.

Team up with WT5 friends ( join their instance ) and have them share their GS256 loot until you can make a complete outfit. At that point you can switch to WT5 on your own accord and never have to think about the WT grind again.

• Locked thread