Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

The RT ends up whiffing too.

I honestly feel awful for Frenchie

How the gently caress is he still alive after that game? Dude has taken some bad hits this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
N: I knew Boise State lost. I was unaware of how they lost(on a safety).

V: :laffo:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

N: I knew Boise State lost. I was unaware of how they lost(on a safety).

V: :laffo:

This gif seriously needs to be on every page of this thread.

edit: Also this. Not the best CFB punch, but a solid right cross

Scarf fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 30, 2016

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

At least he went for the gut before punching a helmet, which is about cool as getting juked and dunked on at the same time

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jimbo's going to get fined like hell. :stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I mean, it's pretty smart because the first punch gave him the leverage to be able to lean into the second punch, but then it's pretty dumb because you're punching a dude in a helmet.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i guess heat of the moment and all that but it always baffles me when dudes punch another player in the helmet

e: in honor of boise state losing today:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV does the only thing they know how to do and lose another game

I'm tired

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Noctone posted:

i guess heat of the moment and all that but it always baffles me when dudes punch another player in the helmet

My favorite thing is when a guy takes off his helmet to hit another player with it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Noctone posted:

That's why you gotta uppercut

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pakled posted:

GT won despite a second half defensive collapse because Justin Thomas is cool and good.
He carried the team on Homecoming weekend with what would have been a record breaking performance but then to kill the clock he ran around and wasted clock and lost yardage to seal the game. He sacrificed stats for a win. That's awesome.

And I listened to the end of the game while stuck in traffic on 285, then was slowed down on 85 North while 85 South was stuck watching a wildfire take place right next to them. There was a helicopter providing aerial coverage and everything.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

That's why you gotta uppercut

Teammate's like "Oh how dare you, mister"

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PostNouveau posted:

Teammate's like "Oh how dare you, mister"

I always liked how the guy's legs kick out like a character on Mike Tyson's Punch-Out as he falls

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Scarf posted:

I always liked how the guy's legs kick out like a character on Mike Tyson's Punch-Out as he falls
Was there a penalty or any fallout from that?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CannonFodder posted:

Was there a penalty or any fallout from that?

Ejected and Clemson suspended him for a game or 2 I think.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I've tried to defend you all year Butch but promptly eat poo poo. You got out classed by Muschamp with a qb that is barely not considered a child.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Dawgs squeaked one out, hope they just dont trip over themselves or take the next month for granted. :woof:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I woke up early to look after the baby. What did I see when I checked the scoreboard but a Cougs rally? Mike Leach forever. 5-0 PAC-12. Wheez approved™.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Scarf posted:

edit: Also this. Not the best CFB punch, but a solid right cross

I assume this was from yesterday's game? I saw only the ending and was curious whether any Muschamp shenanigans had happened.

Noctone posted:

listening to lamar jackson's heisman acceptance speech is gonna be so goddamn funny

Auburn's Cadillac Williams never won the Heisman but his talk was so rough I'll never forget it.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Noctone posted:

On the one hand it was nice to see Nebraska play like they belong in the top ten, but on the other hand it really sucked to see them lose a very winnable game due to a one-two combo of lovely play-calling and lovely refereeing.

A-greed. Yeah, just hang with OSU next week and I'm good. (And then take it all out on Minnesota, since I'll be at that one)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
https://www.firedanaholgorsen.com

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I've tried to defend you all year Butch but promptly eat poo poo. You got out classed by Muschamp with a qb that is barely not considered a child.
Don't forget he lost to Hurts too, a QB that can't buy cigarettes in his home state

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Will Muschamp, enemy of Tennessee Athletics is the funniest thing

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Florida beat Georgia. FSU, Tennessee and Miami (FL) all lost. Best day imaginable.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Run run pass punt

gently caress this offense

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Probably the most surprising part of yesterday was learning that Texas Tech has a fullback and that they used him multiple times throughout their win over TCU.

Also, UConn lost, and while I think The American is very good this year, they are not. No repeat bowl appearances...

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Michigan State lost by 9 instead of 80 so that's good. The game was such a foregone conclusion that none of the fans on either side really seemed to care.

Hard to when it's loss 6 ina row. Keep Lewerke in so he gets practice and fire all coordinators.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

News: we are 1 day closer to the 11/11 start of college basketball

Views: go Iowa st basketball

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky won, beating Missouri pretty handily, which means unless there is a complete collapse against a winless Austin Peay, UK is going bowling for the first time since 2010. They also secured at least a .500 record in the SEC for the first time since 2006, and win against either Georgia or Tennessee would mean they'd have a winning conference record for the first time since '77. And although extremely unlikely, they are still mathematically alive to win the East. Never would have thought they'd be in this position after the way the season started.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Well that sucked

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
-Highly accurate and important Thoguh Playoff Projections update.

Week 1: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 2: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 3: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 4: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 5: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 6 Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 7: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 8: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 9: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington

It wasn't the prettiest set of wins, but nobody lost so I'm keeping it the same. And the pickings are getting slim for "other teams that control their own destiny". Basically just a couple of Big Ten West and SEC East teams that could win out and win the conference championship.

Other teams that control their own destiny:
Ohio State - Despite the loss, if they win out they're in
Nebraska - I believe they still are ahead of Wisconsin for the West title so assuming I'm not wrong on that, win out and they're in over Ohio State/Michigan
Florida - Win out and they're in

Other than that teams would need some chaos to get in and who slides in would depend on the flavor of chaos. I almost bumped Colorado, VT, and UNC up to the "control their own destiny" level but I'm not seeing anything left on their schedule that would give them a signature win and the committee a reason to get them bumped up high enough before the conference championships.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Chump Farts posted:

Hard to when it's loss 6 ina row. Keep Lewerke in so he gets practice and fire all coordinators.

This is what happens when you hire Jim Bollman. At first, he doesn't seem so bad but then he slowly grows in and extends his roots. Then suddenly your offensive line is all 15 pounds overweight and slow, your running game is oriented around the dive which it can't block for, and you're asking overweight linemen to pass protect for third and long when they couldn't even survive the brisk walk to the locker room.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm curious how far Nebraska falls in the rankings after this loss. Especially given Ohio State's minor slide last week.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Through 3 quarters Michigan was up 30-10 and MSU had 175 total yards (75 of which came on their first drive) so...meh...I guess? Winning 100-0 would have been more fun I suppose but it really did feel like a game where neither team could take much from it. I'd say the only things I learned were that LJ Scott is really good (well, I already knew this, but it doesn't seem like he's had a chance to show it this year) and Wilton Speight is probably better than I thought (outside of the one horrible INT).

Possibly long term positives for both teams there.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Some thoughts on Ohio State:

- Barrett remains not the issue with the offense. There was one deep ball he should have had, but he otherwise played fairly well in the game as called

- Samuel and Weber were excellent though i would like to see Samuel in the jet sweep action more to keep the defense honest.

- WR rankings: Samuel, Brown, *giant cliff*, Campbell, Clark, McLaurin. Clark looks like the best deep threat right now, but we can't really know for sure since Warriner refuses to call deep balls to find out. He gets open deep better than anyone else, but I would love it if for once we called like Four Verts just to see what happens because I'm tired of watching cover 2/3 drive the offense insane because they can't hit the intermediate and short poo poo Urban loves.

- Dontre Wilson needs to be nailed to the bench at this point. His punt returning has been mediocre, and his running within the offense is just a slower Samuel without the twitch to where he was getting owned by Northwestern's LBs all day. Not to mention he might be the worst route runner on the team which is an astonishingly low bar. Please just put McCall out there Urban.

- The defense had a long day but that's to be expected when the offense absolutely can't stay on the field. That tape will be used to knock lattimore and Conley when they move to the next level because they got worked by Carr. The real issue though was the lack of gap coverage and fails in intermediate coverage by the LBs. Worley got split out wide a lot and baker isn't big enough to cover inside gaps independently. Booker should've gotten more burn there because Raekwon basically had to cover both the A and B gaps all day long. Need to just suck it up and use safeties against bigger TEs/RBs because Worley has gotten burned a lot in pass coverage when he should be downhill. Maybe Baker could cover better and leave Worley inside in those situations, but just do something that keeps Worley off of the boundary please.

- An improved day but still not great. Keep that receiver rotation short and start working on the deep ball because you cannot beat the best teams on this schedule with half a passing game. Yes, Warriner, that means calling passes that aren't Mesh, a curl flat, or flood route.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It seems like OSU's problem on offense is just that they don't have any WRs who can get open. Brown is a beast at catching stuff while covered...but he's usually covered.

As a Michigan fan the only things that scare me are:

Barrett running it, Samuel catching passes out of the backfield/slot. Now those two things are REALLY loving SCARY so by no means do I think OSU's offense is in long term trouble. I suspect that by the time the game rolls around Urban will be using Samuel as the team's #1 WR regardless of what his actual position is listed as on the depth chart.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It seems like OSU's problem on offense is just that they don't have any WRs who can get open. Brown is a beast at catching stuff while covered...but he's usually covered.

As a Michigan fan the only things that scare me are:

Barrett running it, Samuel catching passes out of the backfield/slot. Now those two things are REALLY loving SCARY so by no means do I think OSU's offense is in long term trouble. I suspect that by the time the game rolls around Urban will be using Samuel as the team's #1 WR regardless of what his actual position is listed as on the depth chart.

I'm fairly convinced that we're gonna lose that game right now. You could stick Peppers on Samuel all day and just stack the box with how bad the other receivers are. Not a great answer for the Barrett running but Urban's random bouts of fear that get replaced with overuse could make that less effective than last games.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

TheGreyGhost posted:

I'm fairly convinced that we're gonna lose that game right now. You could stick Peppers on Samuel all day and just stack the box with how bad the other receivers are. Not a great answer for the Barrett running but Urban's random bouts of fear that get replaced with overuse could make that less effective than last games.

While this is true, I think the one weakness of Michigan's defense is going to be OSU's power run game with the QB as an option, and then that setting up passes to Samuel or Weber out of the backfield. Michigan's strength all year has been lockdown corners allowing them to use man coverage, but Ohio State are not going to be attacking that part of the field anyway.

Peppers is an awesome player, but I really doubt he can cover Samuel in the open field. I'm moderately confident (let's say up from 20% that Michigan wins to 50%) in the game, but I do think there's a real possibility that OSU pops some huge plays with Barrett/Samuel optioning off each other.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Through 3 quarters Michigan was up 30-10 and MSU had 175 total yards (75 of which came on their first drive) so...meh...I guess? Winning 100-0 would have been more fun I suppose but it really did feel like a game where neither team could take much from it. I'd say the only things I learned were that LJ Scott is really good (well, I already knew this, but it doesn't seem like he's had a chance to show it this year) and Wilton Speight is probably better than I thought (outside of the one horrible INT).

Possibly long term positives for both teams there.

How long is Speight around and how old are your linemen on both sides? Despite Scott's inexplicable yardage, your d line was crazy good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Still ridiculously happy about last night; this team and program needed that win in the absolute worst way. Never would've imagined that starting a true freshman QB who's been on campus for like three months would've been the spark.

• Locked thread