Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

pillsburysoldier posted:

Whole milk is my go to for making crepes

I will not apologize

https://twitter.com/CheekNic/status/792930701305929728

If that's all true that's pretty depressing. I feel for the guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

If that's all true that's pretty depressing. I feel for the guy

I think Hurd would be a sweet TE.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The Greg Davis offense doesn't have more than 5 plays, sorry dude

Outside zone
Inside zone
WR Screen
4 yard out route

5 seems generous to be honest. Maybe if you count QB sneaks and the biannual flea flicker. The middle of the field is a landmine and must be avoided at all costs

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I think Hurd would be a sweet TE.

Yeah most likely, he's got the size and the hands for it. He's also a really good blocker. I'm just surprised he's not staying to make the switch. Either Butch flat out told him no or he really is that banged up and needs a year off to get healthy.

Weird situation either way - I hope it works out for him

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I listened to Jones' explanation on Kongbo and Hurd on the press conference and all I can think is

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

tadashi posted:

I don't know if I missed other posts, but I am pretty excited about Kentucky going to the SEC championship game with the way the East is falling apart.

:getin:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Still better than getting to the end of the season and losing the East on a tiebreaker or somethibg.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You know, if it's not Tennessee that makes it I hope it's Kentucky because why the gently caress not. At the beginning of the season all anyone talked about was it being UT's to lose with UF and UGA in waiting. No one said a word about Kentucky having a chance.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Fire Mike Debord immediately

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I didn't get the DeBord hire, don't get him still being there now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
So is the reason Tennessee beat the Holes literally because there was a trophy involved and that invoked the curse?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Raku posted:

So is the reason Tennessee beat the Holes literally because there was a trophy involved and that invoked the curse?

Jones only wins games with trophies. See the bowl game dominations of Iowa and Northwestern.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This was a dumb thing to say:

https://twitter.com/JClaireBrandon/status/793135687847456768

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJCobol posted:

Michigan

We're hiring Les Miles. No we aren't. Bill Martin is busy sailing, sorry. Yes we are hiring Miles. Hey wait, let's get RichRod and then throw him under the bus from day 1. Now let's fire RichRod. Who should we get. Let's hire Les Miles. FIRE UP THE PLANE TRACKER! We're totally not hiring Les MIles. Who the gently caress is Brady Hoke? MICHIGAN MAN! Dave Brandon: pizza baron. Wait this guy is terrible. Jim Harbaugh please come home. No, he's staying in the NFL. Stephen Ross is going to spend his money to get him in Miami, not Michigan. There is no way Harbaugh is the coach. HOLY poo poo WE GOT JIM HARBAUGH!

This is super accurate.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's currently a post on the first page of 247's Tennessee message board titled "We could have had Gruden..." and goes on to say that we got Butch instead.

Why do people think Gruden would be a good college coach? Or that Gruden is ever going to coach again period? It drives me nuts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

IIRC, that has been our strategy against Tech for awhile now.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

pillsburysoldier posted:

Whole milk is my go to for making crepes

I will not apologize

https://twitter.com/CheekNic/status/792930701305929728

Virginia Tech Wide Receiver/TE Jalen Hurd

https://twitter.com/alexkomavt/status/793147802146709509

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I haven't watched the Ohio State-Northwestern game yet, but I am assuming that Ohio State is not very good and the Northwestern Wildcat will easily roll to victory against the feeble Badger, once again preserving their impossibly hilarious streak of beating Wisconsin in Evanston since 1999.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

MourningView posted:

Outside zone
Inside zone
WR Screen
4 yard out route

5 seems generous to be honest. Maybe if you count QB sneaks and the biannual flea flicker. The middle of the field is a landmine and must be avoided at all costs

He added a flea flicker?? Homeboy is getting creative.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

He also said "we are actually a really good defense" and "the targeting rule is ruining football"

So, you know, not exactly out of character for him to say something dumb.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/793180773989879812

Because of course he would choose this

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

R.D. Mangles posted:

I haven't watched the Ohio State-Northwestern game yet, but I am assuming that Ohio State is not very good and the Northwestern Wildcat will easily roll to victory against the feeble Badger, once again preserving their impossibly hilarious streak of beating Wisconsin in Evanston since 1999.

That would make Nebraska's path to the CCG much easier so yes please do that.

There is no person in the world I would like to give a swirly more than this fucker.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

The best superpower.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

MourningView posted:

Outside zone
Inside zone
WR Screen
4 yard out route

You forgot the designed draw play on 3rd and 7

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

swickles posted:

Can't wait until Hurd wins the Heisman and takes Florida to a NCG in 2018.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I hope Nebraska goes to the conference championship because no one wants to watch another boring Michigan and Wisconsin game.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

You know, if it's not Tennessee that makes it I hope it's Kentucky because why the gently caress not. At the beginning of the season all anyone talked about was it being UT's to lose with UF and UGA in waiting. No one said a word about Kentucky having a chance.

Well, they're only in it because of schedule and realizing after their starting qb got hurt that they aren't really an air raid offense.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
We fired DeBord so it is maybe an okay day. Everything will be fine

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Wait what?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

:iiam:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lol. Trolled.

http://gridironnow.com/wikipedia-fires-tennessee-offensive-coordinator-mike-debord/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Finally got to watch the game on YouTube, Malik Jefferson got straight robbed on that "forward progress" call at the end.

But we played well. Defense made some good plays and actually got off the field several times, whereas in the past we'd just give up points at every possible moment making every game an unending pit of despair.

I think it's possible we win 2 or 3 more but I don't know if I can dare to dream of winning out, and Strong will probably get fired if we don't win out :(

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

ok now I just think it's performance art

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Does SDSU have any kind of shot at a NY6 bowl at this point?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You forgot the designed draw play on 3rd and 7

That is typically when we throw the 4 yard out

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

So, some thoughts about Houston -

1. Crowd was pathetic last Saturday, it was like being at Robertson Stadium in the bad old days. I get that the bloom is off the rose and it's Halloween weekend but come on, not even three hours on Saturday afternoon? Half that crowd left at halftime. Fuckin fairweather fans.

1.5. It was hot as poo poo Saturday. The hottest game I'd been to since a game against Colorado State in Briles's last year. My wife and I moved up to the nosebleeds where at least there was a breeze and shade via stadium lighting.
A lot of fans spent the second half in the concourse where it was much cooler, but yeah 35,800 my rear end. I was surprised the student sections had only like 6 people in them - I don't know what was going on there. And heh, I was at that CSU game too. We won in a typical Briles-era shootout.

quote:

3. Case Keenum's jersey was retired at halftime.
I miss that dude so much. Maybe he'll come back as QB coach in the new regime next year after the Rams jettison him?

quote:

5. Tom Herman got booed two times - when he was introduced on the video board before the game, and as the second quarter ended. I'm sure he couldn't hear it while on the phone with Texas.
I didn't hear that, but I'm not surprised

quote:

6. About drat time for a bye week. Need a bunch of guys back and healthy if they still want to put up a fight against Louisville. The American championship is back on the table with Navy going down, but it will take UH beating Tulane and Memphis and Navy losing again (@ECU is the hardest game left for them) to make it a reality. The Cotton Bowl still is a loong shot - that would require Western Michigan to lose, UH beating Louisville and leapfrogging Boise in the poll, and UH winning the AAC title...all things that are unlikely on their own. Instead, expect UH in the Birmingham Bowl against whatever 6-6 disaster the SEC drags up.

At least those losses gave my fiance and I enough time to scrap any possible plans for the playoffs/NY6 bowl and make plans to go up to Memphis for the last game of the Herman era.

P.S. Louisville is going to grind us into a fine powder. Props to the UH ticket office for selling the hell out of that game before the hammer dropped.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Don't do that to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

Sitting in leftfield, he almost had a chance at catching a home run hit by the Cleveland Indians’ Jose Ramirez in the second inning.

"The first home run hit by the Indians probably landed... 12 feet (away,)" Harbaugh said. "I'm up at the crack of the bat, I see it going. The problem was Sarah was right next to me and then there was a railing. So I said I just have to step up, over Sarah, onto the railing and over and I'm going to have a shot at this ball -- at least a richochet if the guy doesn't catch it clean."

But...

"Then I'm like, wait, your wife is pregnant, she's due in February, think my man, think," Harbaugh said. "So I waited for a long ricochet that never came."

Also

quote:

During Michigan's 32-23 win over Michigan State on Saturday at Spartan Stadium, the crowd used one time-out to drop an unpleasant chant about the Michigan coach, using a curse word followed by his name.

"F-- Jim Harbaugh" was clearly audible on the ESPN broadcast and in Harbaugh's ears.

"Yeah, I heard it, I heard it," he said on his weekly radio show, "Inside Michigan Football" before shifting into biting sarcasm. "I thought it was great and classy. I thought they were saying, 'Love Jim Harbaugh.' They kept repeating it, 'Love Jim Harbaugh, Love Jim Harbaugh.' I thought that's awful great sportsmanship by the Michigan State Spartans.

"The next day I read ESPN and they were saying it was, 'Frick Jim Harbaugh.' So I guess I've got to get my hearing checked. I could have sworn they were saying ' Love Jim Harbaugh.'"

• Locked thread