Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Max Wilco posted:

Man, imagine if they ported Chrono Cross to PC, and someone could upscale the visuals for it.

I think the same upscaling process would leave a lot of stuff looking weird - like fine detail on coral and whatnot. I'd still like to see, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

John Lee posted:

I think the same upscaling process would leave a lot of stuff looking weird - like fine detail on coral and whatnot.
That's a usual problem. AI upscalers can't upscale detail that isn't there. At times, though, they're fairly successful at inventing it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I don't see the issue

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

No ring

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The funny thing is, when you look at the image to the left... it legitimately could be a downscale of the portrait to the right. The colors and shapes are all in the right place. It's super visible in the timg'd thumbnails in the quotes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It turns out if you train neutral networks on a ton of human faces they develop pareidolia

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cardiovorax posted:

The funny thing is, when you look at the image to the left... it legitimately could be a downscale of the portrait to the right. The colors and shapes are all in the right place. It's super visible in the timg'd thumbnails in the quotes.

Yeah, it's a funny edge case where because it has to guess at the detail, a blurry collection of shapes that kind of look like a face makes the AI go "oh yeah obviously that's a face". It is technically a 100% valid interpretation of the data as presented, it's just a thing where a human understanding of the context of the image and how there is definitely not a face there is something the AI doesn't have.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The MSJ posted:

This is usually the kind of effort rerelease you see Nightdive do.

From what I've heard the reason why actual developers and publishers don't use newer AI upscaling models like ESRGAN is because it's a copyright nightmare since you can't reliably source all the millions of images that were used to train the model. Of course that could just be industry people making excuses to try and keep their jobs from being automated but regardless it's super frustrating when you see that one person with consumer level equipment can put out better work than an actual studio with a team and a budget.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

OwlFancier posted:

What if titty but made of bicep?

Hey this is pages old but I'd like to burn my one goon wish this lovely year and go 'mods, please' on making this the thread title.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
you heard the good captain

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And thank you for the bizzare sense of "that sounds like something I would post" deja vu I had when scrolling down the page.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i was watching a three-and-a-half-hour-long video review of DOOM and suddenly remembered DOOM:ONE, a mod that turns each episode of doom into a single level

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/39723

:hmmyes:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr9rJsaeP3I&t=75s

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Barely any spaghetti in it, 3/10

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djT_hBVbmGc

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

This completely owns.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Owns, but it's so weird to see him without his briefcase

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You may ask yourself "where is that large beautiful briefcase?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Immersive

Project photos are sfw, but if anyone adds user pictures they probably won't be.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Reminding me of the tit size to mana mod. Now we just need one for health and endurance.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope its compatible with VRIK

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I was kinda hoping it'd be sung with G-Man's voice, but that's still really well-made :allears:.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

He's more life-like than David Byrne

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
gently caress the Kusanagi, m150 is the real national treasure of Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Glhoz0Xto

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Enforcing social distancing since 2020.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Rename Skeever To ROUS

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
https://twitter.com/MrLightningVolt/status/1313775402893148160

<Insert GTA:SA+DMCV joke here>

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

loving shut it down, folks, we're at the peak

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I like how the flow and meaning of the conversation... doesn't really change all that much from the original.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You know, it's kind of funny, but it's true. When you get right down to it, it's basically the exact same conversation, just a bit more... colorfully phrased.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-JkmHqLdc

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Finally, a mod for those of us that want to play skimpy mages!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leal posted:

Finally, a mod for those of us that want to play skimpy mages!

Thank God, kinda weird no one made something like that until now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I dun get it, isn't it cold in skyrim

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Isn't a bikini robe just a bikini?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
They look awful.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I would like to imagine that a bikini robe is just a robe with awkward cutouts for the bikini bits. Or just a bikini that is baggy and ill-fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I think you'd get like a cape that comes off the back side of the bikini bottoms / top. So bikini from the front, robe from the back.

Sort of the fashion equivalent of a mullet.