Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
It's kind of incredible that the Third Reich still has a thriving fan club to this day. Think of all the nonsense cults that have blossomed and died in the intervening time period. I don't think that says much positive about humanity.

...then again this is the Mods thread, so I don't guess that's a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lunethex posted:

This reminds me of Warcraft 3 battle.net in a lot of ways. When you joined a custom map and you didn't have it, you couldn't see the thumbnail. People took advantage of this to put shock imagery as the thumbnail, like men with 30ft cocks baring their girth for you and a lot of other sex acts.

So the pranker would just... Goatse themselves?

What a strange trick.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

So the pranker would just... Goatse themselves?

What a strange trick.

Nah, if ya didn't have a map downloaded when you joined a room, Battlenet would download it from the host when you joined and then display the thumbnail. So it was a tense time of that 99% switching over to 100% and hoping you ARE in the room with the new release of Vampire Wars, and not a Goaste shaped map.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Kikas posted:

Nah, if ya didn't have a map downloaded when you joined a room, Battlenet would download it from the host when you joined and then display the thumbnail. So it was a tense time of that 99% switching over to 100% and hoping you ARE in the room with the new release of Vampire Wars, and not a Goaste shaped map.

So, like the world's most horrible lootbox, then.

... Several years before lootboxes were a thing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Shady Amish Terror posted:

It's kind of incredible that the Third Reich still has a thriving fan club to this day. Think of all the nonsense cults that have blossomed and died in the intervening time period. I don't think that says much positive about humanity.

...then again this is the Mods thread, so I don't guess that's a surprise.
Yeah but how many of those cults invested in brand design and Hugo Boss outfits?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Criken meets the Skeltones.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBCgu86zr5E

I think we already know which side of mods this is.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yes, this is good.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Diabetes Forecast posted:

I like it, despite the SquareSoft player model. Definitely null on the creep factor, IMO.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Wow, poo poo. That...kind of looks too good for Fallout 4? I'm too used to every mod being nonsense garbage (Crimes Against Nature aside, which is good nonsense).

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

There seems to be this weird thing where Japanese modders will pour their hearts and souls into some incredible, well modeled and designed poo poo (even if it's a bit reprehensible/creepy), while the Western modders who make the most noise will try to do the same thing except then they smear their poo poo all over it halfway through, declare it realistic, and masturbate in their Nexus-sponsored hugboxes while being told how great their excrement-riddled dildo doll is by other people whose standards come up to about the level of gunk I scrape off my shoe.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
:nws: for barbie-doll nudity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBefALbwNiY

Orv
May 4, 2011
I too, am sexually attracted to a vulcanized rubber sex doll that sounds like a tractor constantly trying to turn over.

I dunno, at least they're putting an unusual amount of effort into that weird thing, that's something.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Never underestimate furries and the lengths they go to.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainamp posted:

Never underestimate furries and the lengths they go to.

Uh, obviously he's a scaly :furcry:

e. https://twitter.com/Beefstrong/status/888069672930873345

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 18, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
:confuoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0IpNxqt34s

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Of all the horrible things in this thread, I think the phrase "Daddy's Garlic Dipper" might be up there as one of the most disturbing.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

"Boy, I love Doom, but do you know what would make the game so much better? What if instead of just running around and shooting stuff, the demons dropped guns of different rarity and quality, and you had to pay for them to be identified, then spend five minutes messing around in an inventory window trying to figure out which gun was better to use, only to repeat that process a billion times before the end."

Disclaimer: I'm not a big Diablo/ARPG fan, so don't take that criticism to heart. The Diablo games are good, but despite trying more than a few games of that type, I just can't get into them (probably because of the above reason).

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 19, 2017

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Why are you describing Borderlands with different names?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This is pretty neat.

Now make a Big O total conversion.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

McSpanky posted:

This is pretty neat.

Yes. Please. Please.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Max Wilco posted:

"Boy, I love Doom, but do you know what would make the game so much better? What if instead of just running around and shooting stuff, the demons dropped guns of different rarity and quality, and you had to pay for them to be identified, then spend five minutes messing around in an inventory window trying to figure out which gun was better to use, only to repeat that process a billion times before the end."

Disclaimer: I'm not a big Diablo/ARPG fan, so don't take that criticism to heart. The Diablo games are good, but despite trying more than a few games of that type, I just can't get into them (probably because of the above reason).

Nox was always the best top down ARPG from those times cuz you didn't have to do a bunch of that. you just grabbed the thing and you could either use it due to class or couldn't. (It's Gauntlet game mode was way fun too)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

This is pretty neat.

Just download a Batman total conversion and replace Robin's character model with a female synth :newlol:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

McSpanky posted:

This is pretty neat.

I've never needed something so much and not known until this very instant.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McSpanky posted:

This is pretty neat.

I need this. In. ACTION!

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
this made me laugh more than it should http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=947131600

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Combine it with the mod that lets you be Sonic the Hedgehog and I think you got something here.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
A cool mod for Old-Skyrim popped up. It allows you to share a horse with a follower, which is an impressive technical feat and kind of neat for roleplaying purposes.

19 images and the mod's author only uploaded the one that clearly demonstrates the mod's purpose. I wonder what the other 18 are.
Well this user uploaded an okay screenshot. and so did this one. So far so good, what's next?

Well, that's just silly. All you have demonstrated is that you couldn't follow the very simple install instructions.
Same goes for you and... erm... what the gently caress is going on with those breasts?

Okay do we have another user-image that demonstrates the mod's purpose and is uploaded by someone who could follow the 2-step install instructions? We do? Great, let's see it.
Well, poo poo..

Remember kids, when uploading a mod to the Nexus always set it so user-images have to verified by you first. Or just block them outright.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pneub posted:

Combine it with the mod that lets you be Sonic the Hedgehog and I think you got something here.

Mods into Miracles.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I mean... it could have been worse. When I saw where you were taking this, I was expecting screenshots of people "riding" horses with their companions in less pleasant ways.

Still, :nexus: .

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

aniviron posted:

I mean... it could have been worse. When I saw where you were taking this, I was expecting screenshots of people "riding" horses with their companions in less pleasant ways.

Still, :nexus: .

Naw, that mod would be on the 'slab anyway.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
A mod to add Genetic Modification to RimWorld.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113137502

quote:

- Extract genes from Bears, Chickens, Boomalopes, Muffalos, Wolves and Insectoids, and create hybrids of these species.
- A bearalope is different from a boombear, so there are 25 new species to experiment with, plus 6 from insectoids and 5 from Thrumbos, for a total of 36. Some very useful, some... less so.
- Once you research the advanced genetic engineering tech, you can also extract genes from Thrumbos and hybridize them!
- By extracting humanoid genes, you can mix them with animal genes and create several hybrid implants to improve your colonists.

Issues:
Some of the biggest animals might flicker. This is to be expected, since a few of them are bigger than Thrumbos!
The 1.1 update adds the Boombeetle, which is a ranged creature. Expect it to be erratic, since its code is extremely beta

Notes:
How do I progress? Here is a mini-guide:
- First, research the tech.
- Build a Pulper to get organic pulp from wood, and a Genetic Extraction Table to get DNA from animals and to build empty incubators.
- Kill the animals to extract their genes.
- Build the Gene Pod to mix the genes of different animals, and fill an empty incubator with the mixture.
- The incubator will hatch in a day. Keep it warm! You will need to tame the creature afterwards, of course.
- Results are random for some of the creatures! If you mix Bear and Chicken, you might get a Bearchicken or a Chickenbear. Or the experiment can also go wrong...
- Finally, research the Insectoid genome and the advanced genetic engineering techs, build the Advanced Gene Pod and experiment with Insectoids and Thrumbos to get the strongest creatures in the game.
- On a different path, you can research humanoid genetic engineering, and develop hybrid implants to modify your colonists. Yeah, you can create a colonist that lays chicken eggs twice a day. It's hilarious and disgusting.

Dr. Vahlen would be proud :unsmith:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's only a sex animation away from fitting right in on the slab. Actually surprised you don't see many rimworld mods like that. Guess the constant updating keeps them away.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Brainamp posted:

It's only a sex animation away from fitting right in on the slab. Actually surprised you don't see many rimworld mods like that. Guess the constant updating keeps them away.

There was a post earlier in this thread about a Rimworld mod that added human animal hybrids that could be kept as sex slaves and maybe eaten.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Wasn't there also one that added dreadnought units that used sex slaves as the primary component?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Lunethex posted:

A mod to add Genetic Modification to RimWorld.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113137502

Dr. Vahlen would be proud :unsmith:

That actually sounds kind of neat. It reminds me of Gendustry for Minecraft.

For those who don’t know, Gendustry is a mod for another mod called Forestry. In Forestry, you can collect and raise bees, trees, and moths to get various produce, anywhere from honey drops to diamonds, but you have to breed them a lot to get the traits you desire. Gendustry adds machines that let you isolate genes and mix and match whatever you want. You can supply uranium or other dangerous materials to cause mutations as well. It’s a process that some people like and some people hate, but it’s one of the best ways to get end-game materials like Nether Stars (which are extremely hard to get otherwise due to needing three rare drops from rare enemies to make one normally).

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
Someone replaced the "Glow" sound for Nirnroots.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

I wonder if there are enough Nirnroot sound replacers on the :nexus: to justify their own category.

On a related subject, humming arrows from Jaxons Archery Util use the Nirnroot sound... even with a sound replacer, which ends up with results from humorous to "MAKE IT STOP".

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oskVB0BHc3I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Oh hey, apparently the Bethesda paid mod Creation Club is out, ...and it's even worse than their paid mods Workshop attempt.

Seems like it's limited to simple mods like weapons, skins and model replacements. That's right, premium skins for a single player game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3wbvkrcJQM