Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Danaru posted:

I wonder how fast that FrEe SpEeCh rule would be forgotten if I made a mod where time travelling communist cat eared femboys mowed down scores of nazis and erased fascism from history.

Yes it would be yet another mod comprised entirely out of the author's fetishes, but it would also serve a purpose this time :colbert:

I'm kinkcouraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Danaru posted:

I wonder how fast that FrEe SpEeCh rule would be forgotten if I made a mod where time travelling communist cat eared femboys mowed down scores of nazis and erased fascism from history.

Yes it would be yet another mod comprised entirely out of the author's fetishes, but it would also serve a purpose this time :colbert:

Night of the Long Dicks

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Danaru posted:

The hell's a femboy?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

RareAcumen posted:

The hell's a femboy?

A guy who's feminine, like a subset of twink I guess

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Danaru posted:

Yeah femboy is just right wing speak for twink.

Though a bit more feminine I guess

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CharlestheHammer posted:

Uhhh I have never heard a right winger say femboy and I've only ever seen it used by the queer community

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Danaru posted:

Uhhh I have never heard a right winger say femboy and I've only ever seen it used by the queer community

Seconding that. Also twink carries the specific connotation that the subject is gay, which isn't necessarily the case.

It's just a fairly plainly descriptive word.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

All twinks are femboys but not all femboys are twinks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Danaru posted:

I’ve heard come up a lot recently.

I don’t know why it’s apparently causing a bit of a schism in their communities

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Femboy is more specific to an aesthetic, there are plenty of masc twinks. Generally it all comes down to self description, if you wanna be a femboy you're already most of the way there :eng101: I have it on good authority that you'll want to invest in an expensive razor, the cheap ones are poo poo

It's me, the femboy explainer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’ve heard come up a lot recently.

I don’t know why it’s apparently causing a bit of a schism in their communities

I'm going to flip poo poo if they try to turn this into a slur against trans women because jfc the right always veers that way

Who am I kidding they're probably already trying to make it a slur

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair the schism seems to be some pro femboy while the old guard aren’t for obvious reasons

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:staredog: I'll admit I wasnt expecting that

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Danaru posted:

I like that this post could be replying to any post on this page and make sense.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Danaru posted:

It's exactly what I was expecting.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I mean even the most devout neo-Nazis are thirsty for Ben Shapiro's sister so it's not much of a stretch to see them being pro-femboy.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I mean even the most devout neo-Nazis are thirsty for Ben Shapiro's sister so it's not much of a stretch to see them being pro-femboy.
That's at least partially into some sort of fetish-adjacent territory, where her being Jewish is part of the thrill. Pro-femboy conservatives could just be gay conservatives dudes into feminine dudes, no weirdness required. I suppose femboys do allow them to clearly cast themselves as "the man" in a(n imagined) relationship, which probably does appeal to some.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Danaru posted:

https://youtu.be/FQRW0RM4V0k

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Danaru posted:

Femboy is more specific to an aesthetic, there are plenty of masc twinks. Generally it all comes down to self description, if you wanna be a femboy you're already most of the way there :eng101: I have it on good authority that you'll want to invest in an expensive razor, the cheap ones are poo poo

I'm going to flip poo poo if they try to turn this into a slur against trans women because jfc the right always veers that way

Who am I kidding they're probably already trying to make it a slur

Femboy has been used as a dismissive moniker for Trans women since as long as it has been a term so too late?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Danaru posted:

A lot of 4channers have embraced being femboys (because of /d/ and /soc/ presumably) and they're often incredibly virulently racist, to the point that it's a bit of a joke on Twitter now that there are no femboys that aren't racist.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Danaru posted:

CharlestheHammer posted:

Danaru posted:

OwlFancier posted:

Seconding that. Also twink carries the specific connotation that the subject is gay, which isn't necessarily the case.

It's just a fairly plainly descriptive word.

Danaru posted:

Hmm. Well then. I was gonna post this as a joke because Iunno what the answer was gonna be.

And then the responses were more genuine and nuanced than I was expecting so uh, wasted effort on my part.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Cup Runneth Over posted:

A lot of 4channers have embraced being femboys (because of /d/ and /soc/ presumably) and they're often incredibly virulently racist, to the point that it's a bit of a joke on Twitter now that there are no femboys that aren't racist.

:psyduck: this is the exact opposite of my experience, the only femboys I've seen on twitter or anywhere else are super gay and extremely left

RareAcumen posted:

Hmm. Well then. I was gonna post this as a joke because Iunno what the answer was gonna be.

And then the responses were more genuine and nuanced than I was expecting so uh, wasted effort on my part.

I always feel compelled to be informative about this stuff because I'm a bi dude marrying a feminine dude, so I become a target for every bad faith argument you can think of. :smith: "bisexuals are transphobic" is the most common one but the most galaxy brain poo poo I had was someone accusing my fiance of "trans blackface" for being a cis man and sounding like a woman. Incidentally nobody ever says this stuff in person and none of my numerous trans friends have ever said anything similar :thunk:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 23, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Danaru posted:

:psyduck: this is the exact opposite of my experience, the only femboys I've seen on twitter or anywhere else are super gay and extremely left

There's always a yin and yang

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Danaru posted:

Well, social media is kind of an echo chamber, so that's not surprising. They're definitely out there though. Basically just regular Pepe-spewing 4chan bigots but they look like the image posted above irl. They also are the people frequently referred to as "tr*ps" by 4channers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Danaru posted:

I always feel compelled to be informative about this stuff because I'm a bi dude marrying a feminine dude, so I become a target for every bad faith argument you can think of. :smith: "bisexuals are transphobic" is the most common one but the most galaxy brain poo poo I had was someone accusing my fiance of "trans blackface" for being a cis man and sounding like a woman. Incidentally nobody ever says this stuff in person and none of my numerous trans friends have ever said anything similar :thunk:

I very much don't have that experience but now I know a bit more. But on the other hand I am now cursed with more knowledge of the poo poo anyone who dares to not be heterosexual go through.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Well, social media is kind of an echo chamber, so that's not surprising. They're definitely out there though. Basically just regular Pepe-spewing 4chan bigots but they look like the image posted above irl. They also are the people frequently referred to as "tr*ps" by 4channers.

See, sadly, now I have a better idea of what femboys are thanks to years of reading comments on youtube videos and sometimes twitch chats.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

And it's not like there isn't a long-running precedent of terms used within queer circles being warped by mainstream bigoty.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Danaru posted:

Meowxist-Feminine Cummunism with time travel characteristics.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Danaru posted:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Danaru posted:

Isn't that more or less the plot to the Command and Conquer: Red Alert series?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Danaru posted:

There is this bizarre and terrible intersection of people who are super into the kinky queer femboy subgroup but are militantly transphobic. It's like that demographic of people on twitter with anime avatars who are all alt-right, where it probably started as a grouping of "ironic" interests on places like 4chan that just mutated.

This feels on topic for this thread.

mycot fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 24, 2020

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hey what the gently caress are you derailing about thi- oh carry on, stay chill.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

Isn't that more or less the plot to the Command and Conquer: Red Alert series?

I... have never hitherto described albert einstein as a cat eared femboy communist but I am suddenly amenable to the idea.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Alpurrt Nyanstein.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

OwlFancier posted:

I... have never hitherto described albert einstein as a cat eared femboy communist but I am suddenly amenable to the idea.

I thinking more along the lines of Red Alert 3, where they started getting really wacky, with attack dolphins, war bears, psyhcih Jpanese schoolgirl commandos, that sort of thing. I think Red Alert 2 had some goofy stuff like that in it as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
To be fair the attack dolphins and giant psychic squids were RA2. The rails were already off at that point.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also the flying saucers from the secret soviet psychic moon base.

Oh and the tank with the giant brain in it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

kirbysuperstar posted:

The rails were already off at that point.

Yeah, I never really got the criticism that RA3 was somehow cheesier than RA2, when the latter was the one where Soviet cosmonauts attacked a psychic's moon base, shooting down flying saucers with laser guns. And the mission before that had you capture a rocket on Easter Island, while trying to avoid laser Moai heads. Then at the end of the Soviet campaign (can't remember the Allies' ending, because they're boring :colbert:), said wannabe-would conqueror psychic tries to use a time machine to undo your victory, but thankfully your catsuited girlfriend sabotaged it, ensuring he'd get eaten by a T-Rex. And that's somehow less wacky than giant mecha?

I mean yeah, RA3 was more upfront with the wackiness, but it was a little shallow compared to how nutso RA2 could get.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, I never really got the criticism that RA3 was somehow cheesier than RA2, when the latter was the one where Soviet cosmonauts attacked a psychic's moon base, shooting down flying saucers with laser guns. And the mission before that had you capture a rocket on Easter Island, while trying to avoid laser Moai heads. Then at the end of the Soviet campaign (can't remember the Allies' ending, because they're boring :colbert:), said wannabe-would conqueror psychic tries to use a time machine to undo your victory, but thankfully your catsuited girlfriend sabotaged it, ensuring he'd get eaten by a T-Rex. And that's somehow less wacky than giant mecha?

I mean yeah, RA3 was more upfront with the wackiness, but it was a little shallow compared to how nutso RA2 could get.

They're about the same in wackyness. It's just that in RA2 it's mostly stuck to being units way down the tech tree while the earlier game stuff is mostly 'normal', but in RA3 balances it out throughout the tech tree with you having war bears and laser samurai as your basic infantry right out of the gate.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

It’s because RA3 added the Japanese with anime flavored units and we can’t have that in our serious game about future tech allies versus psychic soviets

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

The writers clearly didn't know what to do after having killed off the main character, and trying to hang the story on their stupid rear end new characters forced them to turn the wackiness up to 11.

Internet Wizard posted:

It’s because RA3 added the Japanese with anime flavored units and we can’t have that in our serious game about future tech allies versus psychic soviets
Yeah, that sounds about right, the anime flavor is literally the only thing that stands out compared to RA2. If only Einstein would travel forward in time to prevent RA2 from being created in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

How? By killing Udo Kier?