Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Doc Hawkins posted:

imagine if rdr 2 was fun, what a wacky world that would be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Aj2Pt5vWT8
RDR2 is fine. This was better. Oh my god I need myself some mods. How do I get the ability to swing around people I have lassoed like I am Final Fantasy character suplexing a train?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i could be wrong but i assumed they simulated that by having the lassoed person "fly" around to "act" as if they were being tossed

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Doc Hawkins posted:

i could be wrong but i assumed they simulated that by having the lassoed person "fly" around to "act" as if they were being tossed
Makes sense, come to think of it. It was just too funny not to at least ask.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Some dude's making a fun looking gameplay mod for Blood and one of the new weapons is the orb from Phantasm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnZgAg9FBI

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Doc Hawkins posted:

imagine if rdr 2 was fun, what a wacky world that would be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Aj2Pt5vWT8

That man is a wizard with video games. His Hitman videos are really something

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Mordja posted:

Some dude's making a fun looking gameplay mod for Blood and one of the new weapons is the orb from Phantasm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnZgAg9FBI

The orb also showed up in Blood 2 but Caleb couldn't use it due to not having enough magic. Thanks Blood 2 LP thread for teaching me long before Civvie11 did!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Midnight Voyager posted:

That man is a wizard with video games. His Hitman videos are really something

I'll say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwz6wj1yRs :eyepop: How does he pull off some of this camera work?

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 15, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

I'll say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwz6wj1yRs :eyepop: How does he pull off some of this camera work?
Everything about that was completely hilarious, but I really lost it when he threw a cheeseburger in someone's face hard enough to knock them out.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 16, 2020

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Max Wilco posted:

On a more positive note (and with more downloads than the other two mods): https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45455

Comments section locked for this and the other mod, how completely unexpected

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Max Wilco posted:

Games are art like telephones are conversations

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

:eyepop: How does he pull off some of this camera work?
Video description links to the Twitter of a programmer friend who he commissioned a camera hack from. Beyond that is just madness, ingenuity, and a host of glitches (and probably the occasional trainer cheat) to put 47 into unusual situations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Source

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 16, 2020

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Payday 3 getting suits to go with the masks eh?

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

This isn't a mod. Capcom added the outfit themselves for Project Resistance (briefly appears at :016 in the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLj2AnQkUFk

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The mod part is that it's been added to RE3, but I didn't know that until you mentioned it. I just came upon it while looking at the RE3 Nexus.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 16, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Modern Warfare Mod is a conversion that features patchnotes like

quote:

Flexible Interceptor (EXFLINT) 6.0.1 (mod engine for all guided missiles & projectiles):
Now supports G-loading computation for projectiles. Supported guided munitions with inherently low maneuvering capacity (e.g. GBUs, AGM-65 Maverick, etc) now have enforced G limit. Lateral accelerations (sharp turns, etc) requested from guidance commands in excess of the enforced G limit will be suppressed.
New algorithm for rendering displacement angle/angle of attack for projectiles in motion:
Missile nose will point to guidance command's lateral acceleration command, relevant from center of gravity (cG).
AGM-88 HARM, Kh-31P, Kh-25MPU and AIM-120C: Updated lofted trajectory algorithm.
And helpful infographics like

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mordja posted:

I know they say they didn't reference any classified information but part of me doubts that seriously based on that graphic

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Mordja posted:

That's straight up a military quality infographic.

Holy poo poo I doubt that 'did not reference classified information' disclaimer.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
For all I know the lead is ex-air defence. The majority of his mod's youtube channel is videos of the missile/counter-missile dynamics in the game. They're cool looking even if I dunno wtf is going on.
https://www.youtube.com/user/blahdy21/videos

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
My "Not referencing classified information" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Mordja posted:

yeah but what's the keyboard shortcut for doggystyle??

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's more complicated than From The Depths which lets you design individual bullets to be loaded into your cannons.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh wow, I remember playing World in Conflict back in the day. I had no idea anyone even remembered it, much less were modding it into a hyper-realistic airspace denial simulator.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Moon Slayer posted:

Oh wow, I remember playing World in Conflict back in the day. I had no idea anyone even remembered it, much less were modding it into a hyper-realistic airspace denial simulator.

Multiplayer was real fun. Apparently there's a fan-run server after the official Massgate shut down that I may have to look into one of these days. No clue if it's very active.
http://www.massgate.org/downloads.php#fullclient

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014

Mordja posted:

I know the guy that made this, he's just REALLY into networked integrated air defense systems. That mod's been around for at least 10 years.

WiC is great but the scale of the maps doesn't really match this stuff so you get the feeling that everything is very cramped with this mod, since it's modeling air defense networks that cover thousands of square miles on a map that is smaller than 10 square miles.

I wish Wargame was more conducive to mods like this, it would've fit the scale better.

RangerPL fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 21, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Post-apocalypse mod for GTA:SA.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/grand-theft-auto-wasteland

Currently Russian only, because of course it's Russian.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

marshmallow creep posted:

The mod part is that it's been added to RE3, but I didn't know that until you mentioned it. I just came upon it while looking at the RE3 Nexus.

Thank god for the eyelashes, or I would've thought it was a man!

Edit: on second thought, it could still be a male-goat. It could also be two spiders trying to exit the eye-sockets. Pick your choice.

Alt-post:
I have no mouth and I must bleat

Solar Tornado fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 23, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69233

quote:

This mod let's you experience 2020's very pleasant and bearable summer in-game!

Are you a sucker for realism? Have you ever felt that, while Fallout: New Vegas certainly offers a sufficient approximation to a believable simulation of our world, it just lacks *one* minute detail to truly make you feel like the Mojave Wasteland is a real place? Are you drenched in your own sweat, unable to breathe or move as the humid, boiling air cooks you from within, undisturbed by even the most pitiful wind that could offer momentary release, melting upon your seat? Do you live in a house built in a bygone world, without airconditioning or proper blinders? Are you suffering as I am?

THEN THIS IS JUST THE RIGHT MOD FOR YOU!

REALISM!
Summer 2020 Simulator is a complete, transformative and deeply innovative overhaul of the way Fallout New Vegas' weather system works. Don't bother with your new-fangled Nebraska Skies and Real Estate Winnipeg Lightning, this is the r e a l d e a l. You won't be able to tell the difference between the game and real life again.

BRAND NEW MINIGAMES!
- The world is lava!
- I am a creature of darkness faced by the cruel, cleansing light of God, oh woe, woe unto me!
- Haha, sure is hot today, huh?
- Uncontrollable sobbing that only intensifies as your tears evaporate immediately!

How to use:
- Install just like any other mod
- Move to any area under the sun
- Enjoy the noticeably enhanced experience

Incompatibilities:
- Being a baby who doesn't want realism in games(?!)
- Mentos and Coke
- Actually wanting to play FNV, this mod is a joke and designed to be broken

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Cool. So what does it actually do

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

lurksion posted:

Cool. So what does it actually do

Hard to say.

Oh and...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

more of a dim blue line

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
A weak blue whine.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: BATS, CAN NOT FORGET THE BATS

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

That dude's an idiot, but New Vegas could use some cool bats tbh

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ghostlight posted:

more of a dim blue line

The thin brown smear

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Crowetron posted:

That dude's an idiot, but New Vegas could use some cool bats tbh

Unfortunately the bat monsters are all in Fallout 76.

Can someone just mod the Night Stalkers from After Man into the game?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Military modding is a pretty weird scene anyway. Like,

quote:

Features
Accurate simulations of AN/PRC-343, AN/PRC-77, AN/PRC-148, AN/PRC-117F, AN/PRC-152, SEM 52 SL, SEM 70.
Vehicle racks AN/VRC-103, AN/VRC-110, AN/VRC-111, SEM90.

They emulate a bunch of radios and also implemented the Longley-Rice model for calculating signal strength and interference, as you do.

The amount of modding gong on in Arma is a little insane. See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPc7RszIdD4 for a nice demonstration.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Old mods I just stumbled across recently, so apologies if it's been posted here before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FTUel2-WPA

skip to the 40 second mark if you want to skip the overlong intro text.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Oh yes, it's finally happening :getin:

G-String moddb page posted:

G String is on Steam
Hey guys! As promised yesterday, today I'll make a proper update, so here we go! The first half of 2020 has been crazy, huh? And no, I don't mean "that", I am frankly tired of "that" and just want to move on. I mean crazy from a game development perspective.

THE PRESENT

G String is on Steam.

It took a while but there it is, as a retail game in the making. There is some more technical things to iron out and and also I want to polish up some things but it is technically "done" - playable from start to finish. Everyday I recompile the maps I work on with LDR/HDR cubemaps and nodegraph so that at the game always stays complete and releasable. I never leave anything half finished.

Now there is an internal release date set and it's not very far off but in order to lessen the pressure on me and to avoid possible date changes I'll keep it hidden for now. It will be made public very close to release when everything is ready to go, maybe a week or two before.
There's a bunch more in the article but the gist of is I'm extremely ready for whatever fuckery this insane mod is going to be. Technically though I guess it's a standalone game now so I probably won't bother posting more about it in this thread unless it turns out to be an extreme trainwreck or something whenever it ends up releasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
I never understood what that is at all and I thought they changed the name?

I'm sure there's a deep lore reason for the protagonist being a teenage girl in a tight fitting bodysuit, though.