Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Bieeardo posted:

A friend had this program that would take a text file, and shrink and tile individual pages so you could fit four or more to a sheet. Thing was amazing for printing FAQs without going through an enormous amount of paper.

You sure he didn't just have Microsoft Word? Cuz its print menu has let you do that since the last version on Windows 3.1 I think, and definitely Word 95/97. Used it all the time as a kid, you could go up to like 16 pages per page for the really long stuff and it was still somewhat readable. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would just copy + paste the information I needed so I didn't have to print a ton of stuff. I didn't really use whole walkthroughs, though, this would be for really specific information in games like Pokemon or Megaman Battle Network. Sometimes I would copy .faqs into a 1st generation iPod Nano and read it in tiny illegible text. This was all in my early 20s.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I printed more than a few guides, but this was back in the 00's when it wasn't a big deal. Eventually I got a room with a desktop computer at one end and my gaming monitor at the other so I could just walk back and forth between them to check poo poo.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24919/

quote:

One of the things other modders seem to stuggle the most with is getting the correct nose, lip, and lower face proportions for Black or African characters. One of the most common mistakes is up-sizing the nose and mouth and then flattening the nose without changing the actual proportions. This mod gets all these things right.
As for characters that are intended to appear east-Asian, modders often make the mistakes of pushing the nose too far into the face, letting the eyes sit too deep in the sockets, not aligning the facial profile, adding the incorrect eyes. Even worse, on some mods the eyes are literally slanted rather than adjusting the way the eyelids open. This mod gets all those things right.

DOES IT?

This one isn't so bad, but...

this looks TERRIBLE

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fallout 4 is loving ugly but honestly they probably aren't too far off.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
They always have this look on their face like they just realized the shame of their own existence and have accepted that their fate is sealed.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

They always have this look on their face like they just realized the shame of their own existence and have accepted that their fate is sealed.

Asian squishy-faced lady looks pretty content, all things considered.

But this woman has seen some poo poo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's the jawline that gets me tbh

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Midnight Voyager posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24919/

DOES IT?

This one isn't so bad, but...

this looks TERRIBLE

I don't know what's worse, the idea that the author of this mod is a well-meaning but clueless and artistically lacking PoC or that they're some "race realist" honky who puts bogus caliper measurements over aesthetics.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The latter idea would be worse. While poorly executed, the core concept of "characters of nonwhite ethnicity shouldn't just look like spraypainted white folks, or (even worse) badly executed stereotypes (as evidenced by his "Even worse, on some mods the eyes are literally slanted rather than adjusting the way the eyelids open" comment)" isn't so bad in and of itself.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yeah I feel like the latter is pretty unequivocally worse.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kikas posted:

There's an amazing mod pack that changes all of his lines to be things you could have actually record, from movies, cartoons and whatnot, making him really sound like he hastily put it together.

I never saw this one. Tell me more.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

I never saw this one. Tell me more.

There are 2, and i find this the better one: https://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=13175 I never used the other one, but it supposedly expands this one. This also started as a small mod to replace "ARMS OUTSTRETCHED"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kill.....meeeeeee....

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've only had two guides printed out. One I'm pretty sure that it was my dad did for Metroid Prime. I think it showed where all the collectibles were. I know it had the temple keys on it. And that sat in my nightstand for about two years because I got the game when I was ten and it scared me.

Second one was all the Djinn for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn because I didn't wanna miss anything.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

How about most recent?

Nary a year ago I printed out a cheat-sheet for gifts in Stardew Valley so I wouldn't have to keep opening the wiki whenever I did my regular bribery rounds. It was only two pages, but that was the first time in a while I'd printed anything for a videa game.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Oh poo poo, that reminds me of the times I wrote out a quest and item checklist for Old World Blues on the 360 because my laptop broke. Same reason I bought the strategy guide- that thing was a real piece of poo poo.

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kill.....meeeeeee....

So I see that aside from all the meth, Granny decided to spend all of Gramps life insurance on terrible plastic surgery. Her Parkinson's seems to have gotten worse as well.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ashnjack posted:

So I see that aside from all the meth, Granny decided to spend all of Gramps life insurance on terrible plastic surgery. Her Parkinson's seems to have gotten worse as well.

That Easy Flow Elbow is looking pretty good though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kill.....meeeeeee....

There's nothing so terrifying as the Slender Gran.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kill.....meeeeeee....

Someone, somewhere, has jerked off to this.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

turn off the TV posted:

New thread title.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
If only the thread could have a randomized title every time someone looked at it based on any of the many many 'new thread title' posts, then it could truly be complete.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"Someone, somewhere, has jerked off to this."

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There is no shame in finding pleasure to Macho Dragon Randy Savage.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Brainamp posted:

There is no shame in finding pleasure to Macho Dragon Randy Savage.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
There were several years as a kid/teen where my family didn't have internet at all due to cheapskateness so during summer vacation it was a regular occurrence to call my dad up at work during the day and have him look up solutions to games I was really and truly stuck at. Which was always fun because he's not a gamer and had no idea what anything was called so he was trawling through massive GameFaqs guides based on context clues and rushed descriptions.

It was extra fun when it was something like the incomprehensible elder god names and runes in Eternal Darkness, or having to explain why I was playing a game with a character named Candy Suxxx when I was stuck in Vice City.

turn off the TV posted:

Turn off your monitor.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 17, 2017

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

There were several years as a kid/teen where my family didn't have internet at all due to cheapskateness so during summer vacation it was a regular occurrence to call my dad up at work during the day and have him look up solutions to games I was really and truly stuck at. Which was always fun because he's not a gamer and had no idea what anything was called so he was trawling through massive GameFaqs guides based on context clues and rushed descriptions.

It was extra fun when it was something like the incomprehensible elder god names and runes in Eternal Darkness, or having to explain why I was playing a game with a character named Candy Suxxx when I was stuck in Vice City.

Kind of pales in comparison to discussing the details of Grand Theft Auto with your parents, but when I had just gotten my Playstation at age 7 I couldn't input the cheat codes for Jet Moto 2 fast enough, so I had to get my father to do it for me. I also thought Time Attack literally meant you were attacked by clocks so I avoided it for a long time.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

McSpanky posted:

"Someone, somewhere, has jerked off to this."

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Shadowlyger posted:

New thread title.

I second.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kill.....meeeeeee....

Woody Allen as a waifu.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9qSuQapFY

oh god :catstare:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I watched that video with Closed Captioning on and half the screen was taken up by AEUHHH???? AEUHHH???? AEUHHH???? AEUHHH???? AEUHHH???? :laffo:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I thought I had seen the most horrifying thing ever with the Bazinga mod. I was wrong :shepicide:.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Category:Ultima_6_Project_Mod_Portraits

Pretend I quoted all of these.

Technically :nws: due to a single incident of faerie nipple.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Category:Ultima_6_Project_Mod_Portraits

Pretend I quoted all of these.

Technically :nws: due to a single incident of faerie nipple.

Beaut.

Kinda straddles the line of 'so bad it's good', but I'm kind of undecided on which side.

E: Is 'Garridan' supposed to be Jim Croce?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shady Amish Terror posted:

E: Is 'Garridan' supposed to be Jim Croce?

That's just straight up Frank Zappa.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I was amused that I could read most of what's going on, even through the Taylor filter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Orv posted:

That's just straight up Frank Zappa.

...so they are. Guess I should have recognized the nose.