Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The best bit is with the Ebony Warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

There are dudes with rendered danglers too.

Not just rendered danglers, but the video showing this has the guy looks like he's pissing or jacking off.

:nws: https://www.destructoid.com/nsfw-watch-dogs-2-features-fully-uncensored-penises-and-vaginas-hurray-equality--399442.phtml :nws:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DayGloOreo posted:

I don't know how we have gotten eight pages into the new thread without mentioning the Skyrim body replacer with opening butthole.
:nws:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60760/:nws:

Some excerpts from the description:

"They even show you their butthole nicely, as it looks to open when they walk."

"I didn't want to shock you. cos her Labia Minora was so large, she could fly with them like wings. lol"

"I've been out with a few large nippled women and boy they are a turn on for me."

You forgot the best one: "You'll never go back to small Pussies again unless your a pedo". Sub-tag included.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

At least it's not human-looking like that Deathclaw hybrid mod.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Some folks ended up going to Valhalla without actually dying. They just disappeared when they exceeded the draw distance entered the clouds and never came down.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

EorayMel posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=918142312

The moon shall be grounded, grounded, grounded, GROUNDED for 93671046725390161539057289572 centuries!

This needs to be paired with that Rick & Morty Sun mod.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Oh, these guys made this as practice for Neofeud.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

winterwerefox posted:

Somehow, I cant find this all that bad of a mod idea. It reminds me of Metropolis.

It's full-on something you'd find in Metal Hurlant, especially with the 40K add-on stuff. Jean-Michel Nicollet's black steel domme fembots are such a trope that I used the French name for Heavy Metal to make a point.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The thing is basically that people have certain expectations about what "post-apocalyptic" looks like, and most of those expectations are calibrated to "immediately after the bombs fell". So I'm pretty sure the developers know that it's not at all realistic that people are still living in houses with giant holes in the walls and dirt and dead leaves all over the floor 200 years after the war, but it's what people expect the game to look like so that's what they do.

This would actually be a fantastic idea, with poo poo either decaying rapidly from a downward spiral of damage, neglect, limited resources, or overuse by survivors or rebuilding and seeing some improvement. I've had thought experiments about the longevity of canned and packaged foods and how long any of that would last in a post-apocalyptic situation. For the most part, you have two years to redevelop agriculture before a lot of the canned food goes bad. If you don't, then it's cannibalism time.

Furia posted:

There's, what, like 36 possibilities for the fallout timeline based on mayor events (the destruction of the enclave mobile base vs. the BOS pentagon, the winner at the battle of Hoover dam, the nuking or not of Colorado and/or California) before Fallout 4? Yet somehow no one has ever heard of this elsewhere in the broad US wasteland and all the interesting implications will never be talked about ever again.

Considering that one of the elements of Bethesda's Fallout series is listening to the radio, you think you'd hear transmissions from other parts of the continent, if not the globe, especially at night thanks to the skywave effect and there being no one to regulate broadcast power. A station in the NCR broadcasting at 50 kiloWatts (which was the broadcast power of WLW Cincinatti, the first station to hit the max allowed for AM stations) could be clearly listened to as far as Colorado. Still using WLW as an example of 50kW, they could be heard by 38 states after sundown and once got a call in 1985 to their overnight host from Hawaii. I mean, the NCR wouldn't be above throwing even a megawatt power source behind a radio station and drowning out Three-Dog in the Capitol Wastes, just to get the word out there's a new stable force out there.

Also, it reminds me of a bit from that '80s movie Warriors Of The Wasteland a.k.a. Battletruck, where John Ratzenberger is excitedly telling Michael Beck that he can pick up the call to prayer from New Mecca on occasion from his shortwave. If there's people broadcasting radio signals, people are going to hear them.

Furia posted:

I would love it if either Bethesda picked a timeline of events, or maybe even if Fallout 5 were set in post apocalyptic China instead of America for a change (kudos for diversity and representation), but that would be interesting and fun and require effort so it's not gonna happen.

Post-apocalyptic Beijing would like more like the Metro series than Fallout. Supposedly, the whole city was built as a giant bomb shelter and with the rise in housing prices, people have moved in and started living in them.

turn off the TV posted:

The vacuum tube is the lore reason, but I think you can explain most of Fallout as "what if Amazing Stories was non fiction?" with 80s references for the sake of having 80s references.

E: Seriously, here's the Fallout 4 Assault Rifle.

You mean like Fallout and Fallout 2? Fallout 2 especially has the stuff that could only exist from an alternate timeline branching from the '80s and '90s like the P90, the G11, and the XL70E3 (i.e. the "good" L85).

I keep telling people that the first two Fallout games, the '50s stuff was largely fluff, most of it doesn't even show up in the game past the loading screens. Bethesda is the ones who especially ran with it to the point it seems that Fallout 4 had a nuclear war in the 1930s.

I will go ahead and say that a true alternate '50s/'60s post-apocalypse would be interesting, largely because of the policy of mutual assured destruction hadn't taken precedence yet, civil defense was being funded, and nuclear delivery was largely the matter of bombers, which could be taken out by SAMs and jet interceptors, even not nuclear-armed (which they were, since they could take out whole squadrons with a single missile). I recall something I read about that MST3K experiment The Starfighters is that nuclear war at the time was expected to be less of the "a nuclear holocaust in 30 minutes or less" affair that we're familiar with since the 80s but week-long bombing campaigns where bombers were believed to bomb Russia, return to base, rearm, then go out again.

Using the Cuban Missile Crisis as starting point for such a concept would be good: at most, Cuba had 42 single warhead missiles with targets mostly concentrated in the American South, with probably a couple attempts at scoring a hit on Washington or New York. A chunk of the U.S. is gone, but most of the country is still around; the government might collapse immediately following a successful hit on D.C., or a martial law government takes over following Kennedy, Johnson, the Cabinet and Congress getting vaporized, or a mix of both. Meanwhile, Russia and most of Europe are super-hosed thanks to the still unbalanced arsenals of the U.S. versus Russia (at the time, U.S. fielded about 5,000 warheads, the Russians only had 300-400) and the Russians investing heavily into intermediate range weapons.

Also, regarding post-apocalyptic Miami with '80s references...

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 23, 2017

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

fishmech posted:

But Fallout world also has all kinds of weird technology and poo poo being blown up. There could be all sorts of pre-war hardened broadcasting towers or other such things that swamp out signals between regions. Or some sort of issues actually sourcing the necessary components for high-wattage AM and shortwave radio broadcasts, especially in a "transistors and solid state never really took off" setting - the tubes we still use to this day for some of those stations are some gnarly things to manufacture and keep running.

Like here's some of the 5 foot total height vacuum tubes that the transmitter equipment at WLW Cincinnati used up until the 80s in active service, and into the early 2000s for emergency backup service:

Those very tubes might have been in use for that 1985 broadcast that reached Hawaii, but they'd have a hell of a time getting remanufactured after a bomb wipes out Cincinnati and only the residents of Vault 345: This Time They're Required To Die Their Hair Pink come out into the Cinci wastes to rebuild.

Also those big metal things they're installed in include a complex water cooling system so the tubes don't explode from the heat, and I think they had more attached when in active service condition?

The thing I was bringing up is it's an example of what could be done with at the NCR's level of technology, built using reverse-engineered surviving technologies over the last fifty years, incorporating places like Vault City, and adding with what was gained from stuff like Vault computers and the GECK's Library Of Congress-sized holodisks, not using surviving materials. I'm pretty sure that Guglielmo Marconi's research is in the Library Of Congress and could be used as the basis of some Vault City or Shady Sands engineer in the 2200s to build a megawatt transmitter.

Also, WLW still has the capability of being a 500 kW station, which it was during the early days of WW2 to broadcast nationwide reports. It only went back to 50 kW due to government discontinuing the license for that level. I think it had the moniker of being the "nation's station".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

McSpanky posted:

In the future when genetic engineering and cloning makes custom gently caress organs the in thing they'll look at stuff like this the same way we look at the Nautilus predicting submarines or Fahrenheit 451's proto-reality TV.

:kheldragar:

It has always my opinion that Second Life is a simulation of the future.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ArchRanger posted:

I'm too drat optimistic, I saw the complaining about how terrible the skins looked and was expecting terrible art, not ethnic cleansing.

It's the "Emo Hitler"-style judo that the alt-right employs, where they use seemingly progressive statements to justify genocidal actions, such as voicing Islamophobia because of how they treat queer people (nevermind that they'll beat and/or death camp anyone LGBT if they got power) or the whole TERF nonsense.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also the one black character model they showed as a reference picture looked perfectly fine aside from some dodgy hair texturing. There was nothing "ugly" about it in the way they tried to infer.

I didn't visit the link before it got culled, but I was figuring that the complaint "the skins are made poorly" and "the hair being unrealistic" really meant "the skins are too dark" and "the hair is nappy not straight"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

There a slider settings for this in Fallout 76?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

aniviron posted:

A thousand pardons if this has been posted here before sera, but I was not sure.

There's a cameo by Dragon Crown's Amazon in the background.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

https://youtu.be/JmTQdmkS8Xo

Finally, an HD texture mod I can get behind.

Ah Jesus Christ, it's like playing in the Shimmer from Annihilation.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Why would ghouls even have dangly bits? They don't have noses or lips because they decayed off, I'm pretty sure their dongers, balls, baps, and flaps would also just drop off all the same.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I know that MUGEN is 2D, but has anyone attempted a 3D version?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

So, this apparently dropped today...
https://twitter.com/TangoTeds/status/1563785288350146560?s=20&t=MOGS2UdFFoj8MjiseI-X2g
https://twitter.com/TangoTeds/status/1563640141599723520?s=20&t=MOGS2UdFFoj8MjiseI-X2g
Sadly, the voice isn't in this mod, but someone did a video of Kermit singing "Sunflower"
https://twitter.com/DevilArtemisX/status/1563905620390166528?s=20&t=MOGS2UdFFoj8MjiseI-X2g

fake edit:

Lots of Spider Man mods going on...
https://twitter.com/DevilArtemisX/status/1564038660265312260?s=20&t=MOGS2UdFFoj8MjiseI-X2g

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 29, 2022

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Relyssa posted:

Another body preset from someone who has never seen a naked woman, it's :nws: Amazing Fantasy Big Preset :nws:

:nws: I think this has to be my favorite screenshot from it. Just look at that. What the gently caress. :nws:

im the thumb clipping into the ground

I'm the permanently dilated vagina.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Unimpressed, the dick is fine but the balls are lackluster.

Modders need to stop skimping on the scrote.

E. Honda should be built like a tanuki from Pom Poko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Someone made a mod for Cyberpunk 2077 that gives it that "Unrecord" body-cam look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04S2vHpXws