Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

My favorite part is it's all made with in-game models (except the Newlands Lodge sign, for some reason).

I'm pretty positive those aren't Oblivion models, and the backgrounds certainly aren't from Oblivion. They're Poser models and Poser props, I can tell because they look even more plastic and lovely than Oblivion.

e: Plus an obviously-fake Denise Richards nude pic for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

I'm split between being glad this got removed (probably for being brainscarring) and eternally curious as to what it was.

Removed? It's an image and it's still there. It's still there forever.

It's a popeyed woman with huge veiny boobs.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

flatluigi posted:

it's called "writing funny articles"

I really hope you don't think that was supposed to be 100% serious

I haven't played the mod (yet) but that Shotkun image makes me think that maybe HDoom itself isn't completely serious. Not that the modder wasn't jerking off while they made it, just that maybe they were doing it ironically.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

metricchip posted:

Appropriate... I'm still convinced that this is a Skyrim sex mod.

Somebody really needs to figure out how to mod it and turn it into just a straight-up Skyrimesque open world RPG with modest clothes and normal enemies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

flatluigi posted:

the last ten minutes of this are dedicated to one surprisingly fantastic mod and its effects and it's frankly beautiful

I nearly died when some loving guy just planked past in the foreground, arms stiff at his side just gracefully zipping by in front of the camera.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that everyone in the mod is built like a Redfield that finished growing.

I bet they could punch two boulders!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Who the gently caress are the players (besides Discendo Vox and the author) who actually have read the entire "Long Guide"?

I'd never even heard of it until right now. That's some Ulillillia levels of OCD and number wanking.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Geomancing posted:

Back when Duke Nukem 3D was the hot thing, I printed out the manual to making levels in the Build engine so I could make my own levels! I proceeded to make about three half-assed basic block maps, and put it aside forever. Took up quite a thick three-ring binder.

Did the same thing, then years later Mapedit came with eDuke32 and you could run it in a window and alt-tab in Windows 7 and up so I now had a full website to reference. But then I made an example map where I dicked around with sector effectors and then never touched Mapedit again, totally forgot how to do anything now.

Recently I also bought the original Level Design Handbook which sits on my floor barely looked at while I continue to not make levels for Duke Nukem 3D.

e: But in other videogame printer abuse news, I did print out a knife-only GameFAQs walkthrough of Resident Evil 3. And I got most of the way through the game!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

They always have this look on their face like they just realized the shame of their own existence and have accepted that their fate is sealed.

Asian squishy-faced lady looks pretty content, all things considered.

But this woman has seen some poo poo

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Imagining the author is a guy in a lab coat and clipboard taking notes while Cronenbergian horrors happen to everyone around him.

I just need more time, I have to find out the cause of this 14 year old girl's constant birthing. She herself had a totally natural birth in the growth vats, it just doesn't add up!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

"...yet aesthetic". I mean, I guess technically "lovely and unappealing" is an aesthetic.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Brainamp posted:

At this point the lore of fallout is that everything revolved around the 50's aesthetic and also sex. Like this :nws:Immersive Power Armor HUD:nws:.

Why didn't they just go all the way and make the bullet holes into nipples?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I wish those occurrences were a little less publick.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Raygereio posted:

So this just popped up on the New Vegas nexus. WearOut - visual armor destruction

That sounds pretty cool. I guess someone found a good use for NVSE's SetTexturePath. I wonder how that will look?

Ehm...nevermind.

Well, at least they're changing things up with the Anime Sexy Goth Boyz instead of Anime Sexy Maid Waifus.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Well fetishes and fantasies are cool and all, but I'd genuinely be kind of afraid of somebody who had sexual fantasies about eating or killing other people and there are plenty of mods to that effect.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Furia posted:

Do assaultrons have female voicefiles or something? I just looked up the original model and just can't wrap my head about how someone would find those things sexy

If you haven't spent many a lonely night trading with K.L.E.O. you just wouldn't understand.

Sigh... :allears:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

I love their shows but one thing I think we can all appreciate is that they actually loving end instead of just coasting for as long as they get views; Car Boys and Griffin's Amiibo Corner ended, Touch the Skyrim is entering its final arc, and even Adventure Zone is gearing up to end its current campaign.

The gently caress...

I could watch Touch the Skyrim forever, however many episodes they squeeze out I would watch all of them and gladly.

But I kinda also wish they'd revisit Second Life some day

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Sure, whatever.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Vulpes Duo Caudatus.

And his superior, Grand Velociter Locum Mammalium.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

People complain about how unrealistic the Bethesda Fallouts are but even the biggest New Vegas fanboy can't explain were the tens of thousands of pieces of football armor that Caesar's Legion wears came from :colbert:

If my personal experience of having murdered every single last Legionnaire in the game is anything to go by, there can't be that many members of Caesar's Legion. Like three or four dozen at most in the Mojave, and supposedly Caesar's Legion is "spread thin" across the Southwest.

It's probably really less of a "legion" and more of a "mid-to-large-sized militia". But even so, it'd wouldn't be that hard to raid untouched caches of college football locker rooms.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Of all the horrible things in this thread, I think the phrase "Daddy's Garlic Dipper" might be up there as one of the most disturbing.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

You'd have to rename the .esl files to .esm but also get ahold of the .esl files in the first place

No, he's talking about the reverse. Get the .esm files from the free mod and then rename them into .esl to get the paid mods for free.

But that'd be pointless because, you know, if you have the drat free mod already you don't need the paid one on top of it.

But that was probably the joke

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The Kins posted:

What a horrible night to rip and tear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvzan3IQoac

:stare:

Someone needs to tell Joel of Vinesauce about that. Goddamn.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

If you don't want to see hell anymore, you can call a girls.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah it looks like they took some... "creative liberties" with that outfit. By that I mean they were probably working on a boobs-out rogue assassin outfit and then just called it a Daughters of Dimitrescu outfit when RE8 came out.

The only connection that outfit has to the Daughters is that it comes with Dimitrescu wrought iron pasties and has a hood on it.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 29, 2021

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean, tons of mods literally require his patch to even function. Imagine being a petty little nerd and you're given that kind of soft "power" to take your ball and go home, and nobody can really do anything about it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nexus premium is kinda weird. I subbed back in December, to try it out one month, and then cancelled the resub. Today I go to resub, and I find out that they still hadn't charged me for December's sub. You'd think they would've squared up the payment before just letting me have a month of premium.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

As far as I understood, archived mods can not be downloaded anymore, they just have metadata that allows various modpacks that include them to display "this mod is not available to download anymore" instead of crashing due to the "file not found" error.

That's not what the release states, when they say "data" they're referring to the actual content of the mods. Archived mods will still be hosted, they can even still be downloaded but only through a modlist that needs it. This is basically to stop flaky mod creators from breaking carefully compiled modlists by removing their mods without warning.

The only person who should be upset by this is Arthmoor.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah, settlement building was too loving specific and weirdly out of place to not be a ripped off idea. I mean, I don't care that they did it. But they did it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean, we already have Lydia and Serana, what other companions do you really need?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I've had many Skyrim crashes in the past, and also used to use Open Cities, but I never knew it was the likely culprit. I guess Bethesda makes their cities separate cells for a reason.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

modern_warfare_boycott.jpg

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

WELCOME PENISBATHHO

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It's literally "Please Debate Me!: The Mod". This random NPC wouldn't debate the author so he created a mod specifically to debate him.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Be sure to keep those downloaded mods!

But seriously, why do mod creators have to be such little shitgoblins?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

As a discerning gamer, I simply cannot be shot by a killer robot unless I am also getting a weird boner.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Those are a lot of words for Kingdom Hearts gameplay. I've only played half of the first game and like, parts of the second game but AFAIK all you do in those games combat-wise is mash a single button and occasionally do some kind of special ability or use a potion to top off your health. They're pretty mindless in my experience, but what do I know?

Yeah, in that video it looks like a lot of wild poo poo is happening, but really all that's going on is the player is pressing the lock-on button sometimes, pressing the jump button to jump/dodge around and pressing the attack button. As in, the single button you mash to attack.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Kyte posted:

start with big boobs with the "softness" set to high (for extra jiggly jiggle), add simulated gravity, add a bikini top that's actually a floating solid rather than anything resembling cloth, add physics engine jank

Yeah, that was kind of my thoughts too. It looks like they put a solid bikini top on a model with soft body physics, then turned the softness of the boobs to "runny egg" and just let those puppies spill out around the edges of the bikini.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Skyrim but you unlock fast travel points by nuzzling lizard tits

You call them "fast travel points", I call them "erogenous zones".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

They could've just had it be a "punch" and not an actual, in-game, damage-calculated unarmed melee attack. Have Benny get pissed, but not pissed enough to kill you and maybe you get taken to some back room by his goon squad. That's it, just make it a scripted event instead of "Whoops I punched his brain out of his face!"

Interesting though, your punches don't have the same effect against his goons after blowing his skull up. I wonder if dialogue attacks count as "sneak" attacks and that magnifies the damage.

VV I know, but who among us hasn't dumped SPECIAL points into Strength to carry out all the gold bars?

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 4, 2023