Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Only now do I notice this video is close-captioned.

:eyepop:I love this video and never even thought to try that. Now I love it even more :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I can't tell what is reality anymore

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Maybe it's because they didn't add Workshop support until years after release but the mod workshop for Saints Row 4 is super disappointing even months later. Almost everything is just character models lifted from other games or various skimpy clothes for the female characters, at best you get one or two curiosities like animated clothing.

Uhhhhhhh, how is this different from any other mod scene :confused:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

Just grab everything used in youtube series Touch the Skyrim.

Or Dunky's Ultimate Skyrim. Unfortunately I don't think there's a list of what was in there...

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Holy gently caress! :eyepop: :popeye:

And I know you will never see it but lol at the walking animation.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Kins posted:

Someone wanted to prove a point about image formats to someone, so they converted all the graphics in Doom to JPG.

Then someone combined it with a mod that feeds all the sound effects through a blare effect filter, and now nobody's happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9GsXXrCWg

Make this a new reel in your Reelism mod

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I think the worst offender are the 3d models of the monsters :barf:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

fishmech posted:

Hmm, I'm not seeing enough lovely engine effects. Needs to be more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3r_M6_e30

Lol, I almost posted that vid too.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Archonex posted:

Arma 3 is an amazing platform for modding that sadly goes unappreciated in favor of small scale "dynamic combat" mods that are often just the equivalent of placing a few random assets somewhere to cap or take out.

Don't believe me? Check this out. Someone remade Katamari Damacy in Arma 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAxJDjPUk-g

Edit: Other highlights of Arma 3 modding include:

Whole Lotta Altis --- A map wide customizable progressive simulation of an entire war that starts off with you opting to play as guerilla insurgents or inserted NATO special operatives and ends with a full blown war zone with multiple factions duking it out over the island independent of your efforts.

An increasing number of mech mods that are pilotable. Said mods include Wanzer, Macross, and Mechwarrior mechs. Said mechs can be piloted alone or in duo's. And if you can pilot them alone then you know you are pro at the game, given how hard it is. They're also disturbingly effective in the right hands and situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpZj3PEb_Cg

That Katamari Armacy vid owns. That Whole Lotta Altis mod sounds like the Warfare mod for Stalker. Would it be worth it to pick up Arma 3 for it. On sale of course.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Payday 2 never had good internal documentation and has always been awash with bugs. It's also had continuing support and DLC for something like 5 years now. It's risen up like a Mayan temple update after update, as new gameplay mechanics and stat systems and progress meters are built on top of old ones-often with minimal explanation of how they work. I think the game's systems are at this point more obscure and complex than many MMOs.

Guide's here, for reference: For twelve years you have been asking, what is Long Guide? FWIW the steam interface has a ToC on the right side.

There are a number of people who at least consult it heavily, because so much of the game's systems are completely unexplained (like how skills stack, or enemy behavior works, or how long many tasks take). Aside from psychopaths like me, what I'm trying to get at is there's one other population with that level of obsessive knowledge of systems. Modders. People who mod payday 2's gameplay, who are in that bubble of sperg, tend to be completely detached from the game as normal players experience it. Here's a good idea: enemies that automatically dodge a flat percentage of incoming gunfire, or who are completely invincible, or who apply a growing percentage multiplier to the damage of all other enemies while they're alive. All of these are actual difficulty mods for payday 2.

There's a new safehouse, two new difficulty levels, ~8 new characters and perk decks, ~12 new missions, melee weapons have been fully rebalanced twice, a new special enemy, poison, fire and shock mechanics have been redone, there's cosmetic armor, 2 more driveable vehicles, a new currency, a new "trophy" system, and an endless "crime spree" mode. Oh and, relevant to the thread, the devs hired a modder goon who's almost singlehandedly fixed most of the gameplay bugs.

I didn't mean to start a derail, but Payday 2's quite thread relevant because many of the game's modders are the most toxic individuals I've heard of in any gaming community. They're not perverts, they're just unbelievably antagonistic.

What the hell, what happened to just clicking on the cops trying to stop your robbery?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Holy poo poo, an Awesome/Awful blast from the past. It's AlienSlof! You remember her? She's been modding TES/Fallout games since Morrowind. She is a straight woman who likes making gay dudes in video games according to her internet site. I mostly just remember that she did some mods that were fairly innocuous and then if you clicked her profile to see what else she did, you got a lot of dicks. I recall liking her redone Dremora in Oblivion because they looked less like a weird mass of crags.

Well, we're continuing the trend with Fallout 4. She starts with:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25584/

Hair colors, that's alright, let's see what else she-

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25602/

:nws::nws:

GAH

Thread title still continues to be accurate

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Furia posted:

Why is it anime

Did you not play the original Shadow Warrior?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Didn’t even register the tits until my second glance

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

just say you want to gently caress the dog, at least be honest with yourself

Ok here's the new thread title

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

Pff, Hello Vader's been around for yonks.

Luke, I am your father, desu~

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Man, I remember trying to play SMOD years ago, but it made the game run pretty poorly. I should give it a try again.

Are there any other Half-Life 2 mods that still worth trying nowadays?

I thought the latest updates to HL2 broke SMOD completely. I remember there was some SMOD revival but then that broke too. It's been a while though. Maybe there has been advancements.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

Bad Company had some pretty great weapon sounds in 2008.

Bad Company 2 also did. Not sure about Battlefield 3 and 4, as I skipped those, but Battlefiles 1 has some wonderful sound design.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

He is right that mod review videos are the most annoying pointless poo poo and always include 8 minutes of introduction, 1 minute of mod demo (almost never in silence without an annoying nerd yammering over the mod which is the only thing I would ever want), and 1 minute of outro to total the exact 10 minutes needed to put ads on the youtube video

Vault Samurai is literally the only mod reviewer I have ever found that does not do that. The only one.

I think Mr. Icarus does a good job of mod showcasing for Doom stuff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgp_adxCQiesfxKYIqIE9yQ

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Dwesa posted:

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Please don't use my penis in any other mods

Equally good:

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Enjoy your penis ;)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

jonsicoli posted:

Holy poo poo, someone other than me played Blake Stone!

Tzarnal posted:

Blake Stone was great and I love it till this day.

I want a reboot of Blake Stone now. Doom and Wolfenstein got theirs. Stone should be a kitschy take on those 50's sci fi movies.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jagged Jim posted:

Now there's a thread title if ever I heard one.

That or "The cum texture duration is 120 SECONDS"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

It also lacks a diet aware interactive milk generation and harvesting system, with dynamically expanding udders and extremely :frogsiren: VA lines.

just wait

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Eh, I have no clue what it's even supposed to be beyond a generic obese "sexy" woman model of some kind.

Reminds me of when I finally got tricked into seeing goatse a few weeks ago: it's downright passe compared to some of the weird poo poo I've seen over the years.

How have you been here since 2009 and managed to avoid the glistening splendor of the goatman?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

She also really enjoyed buff dudes.

yeah well who doesn't

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

They are two different types of dumb at once. They are a matryoshka doll of thickness.

i feel attacked

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Reminds me how the Goldeneye levels were wiped out of the Far Cry 5 level editor after it went viral. Granted it was made in an engine that Ubisoft controls so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Those did pop back up, though. Or maybe they got immediately taken down again, idk.

Oh neat! I hadn't realized. I heard about the nuking and tuned out because it seemed like it would be final.