Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Very hard, but you can do amazing things if you're good at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWzVJGOS2E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

Why are so many people then showing the world their creepy and horrifying creations?

People are insecure and crave validation. One of the best—and worst—things about the internet is that within its vast depths there reside some number of people who will accept you, and celebrate anything you put out there.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, it reminds me of those old-school GameFAQs guides people would write in the days before public wikis. Some of those were massive, but I don't think (hope) anyone actually expected people to read the whole thing.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Thanks to this thread, I now feel less nerdy about printing out a guide to the goddamn water temple when I was a kid.

I think everyone old enough for Web 1.0 did this at least once. I probably still have a copy of DSimpson's titanic BG2 walkthrough in a box somewhere.

Back in the days before second screens and seamless alt-tabing, it was useful to have a hard copy to reference while playing the game.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 16, 2017

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

How about most recent?

Nary a year ago I printed out a cheat-sheet for gifts in Stardew Valley so I wouldn't have to keep opening the wiki whenever I did my regular bribery rounds. It was only two pages, but that was the first time in a while I'd printed anything for a videa game.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I don't know what to say to anyone wanting to play The Sims games in this day and age other than find a way to :filez: it because seriously gently caress giving EA money.

The series is still incredibly successful, but sort of like a low-key Minecraft in the sense that its popularity doesn't connect much with mainstream gaming. I think it was just Sims 4 that turned people off, what with it going Origin only and EA trying to milk every dime they could get out of the player base. Shame to see them smother another golden goose, but EA gonna EA.

Also, while browsing Wiki's I just learned that alien mpreg is apparently part of the base game in Sims 3 and 4.

Uh... posted:

Female Sims only receive the "Abducted" moodlet after an abduction. There is a 33% chance that a young adult, adult, or elder male Sim will get the "Unexpected Weight Gain" moodlet after the "Abducted" moodlet has expired. After the "Unexpected Weight Gain" moodlet has expired, the Sim will give birth. Unlike The Sims 2, the baby will be purely alien, not a hybrid. Also unlike The Sims 2, the Sim is treated as a host, not as being truly pregnant. This is probably why elder males can carry alien babies, even though elders cannot become pregnant. Since male Sims carrying alien babies are not considered to be truly pregnant, they do not receive maternity leave or change into maternity clothes.

Huh.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 17, 2017

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oops, yeah, looks like you're right about that. I got them mixed up.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That first reply,

Good... dog?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Peopling finding ways to run Doom and Quake on increasingly silly and esoteric platforms is one of the best things about video games.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Orv posted:

Not that there aren't good reddits... https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitWehraboosSay/

The tab title on this subreddit reminds me that I should watch Band of Brothers again.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kikas posted:

Wait, so now we can train neural networks to make game mods? Oh no.

Can't be any worse than what the humans are making.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Apparently! Pratchett liked Oblivion a lot, and the dude was always pretty gracious with his fans. Still a weird little tidbit.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

You know, I'll give them oiled at least. It's a Conan game. Everyone should look like they just went for a swim in canola oil.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

This is a major point of contention and created a great divide in the fans and artists

This isn't a joke. It seriously is, with people doing alternate versions that have red hair and tan skin. The internet is truly amazing.

See, now, my question is what happens when Peach takes off her crown?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I expected bigger, honestly. They're slipping.

They get bigger every time you fire a gun.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Brainamp posted:

With CK2, the incest is part of the game since it's also all about them eugenics and making sure everyone in your family is a strong genius. Stellaris is about empire management though, with very little focus on individual characters.

Yeah, lineage isn't any sort of mechanic in Stellaris so I'm pretty sure that mod is just a fetish thing.

Yet another facet of popular culture swept away by the incest craze!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mike Pence's true endgame is finally revealed.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Backhand posted:

Honestly, the real thing I can't get over is that people are STILL modding Skyrim. You think they'd get bored eventually.

BG 2 still has a mod community, and it lacks 3d waifus.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

The reticle also has the nice touch of when the character sprints, it gets bigger, which is not a doom or portal feature, neither of those games have sprint or movable crosshairs. So that's probably a COD-like reference.

Generic white crosshair is pretty tough to nail down. Same for the bog standard compass at the top; no idea where that's from.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Awesome mods require awesome amounts of work, but it don't take more than an afternoon to slap some tits on a mudcrab.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Daww, that pointy kitty almost makes up for all the human milking mods.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Every fantasy setting is always on the verge of falling into full-on fetish creepiness, cause nerds are involved. Like with corruption in politics, the only solution is eternal vigilance.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Corporations also consistently fail to grasp just how much money a healthy modding community earns them by proxy. Skyrim and The Sims would not be the multi-year sales juggernauts they are without their vibrant modding scenes.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, I don't for a second believe that Bethesda has stuck with Gamebryo this long because of the rich modding community.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That's a good video series, and yes, Cooman is outstanding. If you told me it was the original VA I'd almost believe you.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, as sex-weirds go horny for alien snake-people is barely a blip. Also comes with wholesome memes,

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nah, the skin costs extra, private rooms only.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm not a 3d animator, but I assume a lot of modern rigs have controls for the glutes, right? Like, it's a thing you need to be able to adjust when doing keyframe?

Still funny.

Edit: also, looking at the number of points on her wrist and hand terrifies me. God, animation must be so drat hard.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

And it's not like there isn't a long-running precedent of terms used within queer circles being warped by mainstream bigoty.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Basically a bunch of dollar-store Indiana Jones nonsense.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

New Silent Hill Wiki mod looks great.

Does count as a deep cut (rimshot) at this point? I feel like it does.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Without looking, I'm going to guess that LoverSlab already has at least... thhhhh—four skeleton sex mods.

Aside: I know if intentional, but I will never not be creeped out by how they emphasize "Slab" in the site name.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's Lover's Lab, yes

Ohhhh okay, I guess I never went there enough to notice. Must have heard LoverSlab here first and just assumed.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Himbos and bimbos walking hand in hand toward a brighter future.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nalesh posted:

Watching a playthrough of the big wabbajack skyrim SE modpack and for some ungodly reason there's a mod in it that adds a romance plot to serana, using voice actors(yes, multiple) that don't sound anything like her, and it's possibly the worst romance plot I've ever loving seen, just turning her into a loving stuttering schoolgirl really.

and then this happens.

Also even though the modpack doesn't have any nude mods she somehow becomes nude.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Some of them could be both!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The banal Ok is funny, but I think my favorite thing is the image they picked for the event, clearly chosen by someone who's never been or been close to anyone pregnant.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

gently caress fitted sheets.

What's wrong with fitted sheets?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

People are without a doubt still cranking it to Daggerfall mods. History moves on, but horny is eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The next one is even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKLppIvFFc