Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Hedgehog Sonic finally defeats Doctor Robotnik by dropping a cow on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

The MSJ posted:

Da Boyz in Blue

Orks aren't cops, they're anarchists - they strive ensure that everyone is equally krumped, thus eliminating all hierarchies.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

KozmoNaut posted:

Ork society is based on oo'evah's da biggest an' baddest ork, e's da boss nob cuz he krumps all dem uvver boyz, ya git!

The constant fluctuation of the singular boss nob leads to an average of no one having any power over anyone else over a particular length of time.

The actual hole in my hypothesis is the existence of grots and their enforced servitude under the orks, but that's where the Red Gobbo comes in...

Edit : Please see "Konquest ov Squig-sarnies" by Warboss Krumpotkin for further discussion of An-Ork-o-kommunism and the fight to bring equality to the galaxy, also known as the "class-WAAAGH!"

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 19, 2020

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Cardiovorax posted:

Orks exist in a perpetual state of nature. Their lives are are nasty, violent, brutish, and frequently short.

You could save a lot of ten-dollar words and just say "working class". :imunfunny:

Cardiovorax posted:

The problem is that they are also dentocapitalists, and as such intrinsically evil.

The problem is vampiric capitalism, not a self-regulating currency that is immune to inflation due to that the mentioned teef decaying into nothing fairly quickly and constantly having new teef being injected into the economy by punching out the teef of the Ork next to you.

No Ork profits from the labour of another, except for the labour of grots. But, again, see the Red Gobbo.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

The Titanic posted:

I've always liked the nutty grimdark atmosphere and the tropes and especially how fun Orks were just as a kind of silly and crazy take on the usual Tolkien fare of it all.

But I don't want it to dive into some weird fetish fantasy of creepiness. I'm not all over it though so it may have been that way for a while but it wasn't what I thought it was. Oh well. :)

Not only is it weird fetish creepiness, it's entirely unneeded. If there's a lot of Orks about, it means there's also a lot of mushrooms, squigs, and grots about, everything that a growing Ork needs!

Maybe them making their own ecosystem is leaning on the Tyranids' territory, but, eh, why fix something that's not broken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why's everyone screaming, these screenshots seem fi-:yikes:.

quote:

[.] Marriable