Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Shady Amish Terror posted:

That is somehow less horrifying than a lot of the abominations here, but the shaders/textures/normalmap/something needs tweaked to make that look less like a rubber suit. Or maybe that's just the modder's fetish? Either way,

Frankly the fact it's not covered in oil is a refreshing change from the usual horrors from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Doom is good when it starts to turn into a first person shmup and if that includes the slowdown then gently caress my FPS up with thousands of bullets I say

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Max Wilco posted:

I've never played any of the Unreal Tournaments, so I wouldn't be able to tell anyway. The first picture looks like part of the gun barrel is wrapped in plastic.

Hard surface guys are jealous character artists get to play with Marvelous Designer so adding cloth to your gun or robot is going to become the next big meme.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Skippy McPants posted:

I'm not a 3d animator, but I assume a lot of modern rigs have controls for the glutes, right? Like, it's a thing you need to be able to adjust when doing keyframe?

Still funny.

Edit: also, looking at the number of points on her wrist and hand terrifies me. God, animation must be so drat hard.

A proper rig that isn't just the raw bones ripped from a game's files has lots of helper objects and sliders and IK chains and whatnot to simplify manipulating it.