Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lovely mods running the nexus. A new age!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

redwall

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Orv posted:

All I really remember about Redwall is that some sort of animal worked for a giant murderbadger in a cool mountain fortress, the main mouse was a total bitch and the books got super hosed up for what were ostensibly kids books the further they went in.

redwall had some hardcore descriptions of ferrets getting decapitated

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Flowerchild is the arthmoor of minecraft in terms of asserting his vision for the game is superior to the developer's, except instead of ~lore~, his vision is about the mechanics of some nerd poo poo lego game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TTBF posted:

I'm curious to know what makes you think that. My experience with Dragon's Dogma did not leave me with a positive impression of its combat in even the slightest.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

VERY, VERY CONFUSED

Like it seriously seems like they came at Fallout 4 having never modded for anything but Fallout 3 and tried using the exact same tools they used for Fallout 3 instead of looking at what works in Fallout 4.

Different game...but different tools???

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Thought I was looking at saints row for a moment there...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Basically, computers are appallingly stupid and let you get away with the dumbest poo poo, and what's even worse, that dumb poo poo is often the quickest and easiest solution in the short term so it's not even guaranteed to be a terrible idea

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

At this point there's not much reason to pick up hardline over 1 unless hardline suddenly gets a huge influx of players from somewhere

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

so what

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Orv posted:

There's zero monetary (or sanity) reason to enforce any sort of quality control or standards over it.

besides pride in the quality of your work

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That seems illegal.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Generally software licenses prevent you from modifying the software and then selling it or your modifications to it as if you owned the rights. I guess there's some legal grey area in whether or not walling it behind a patreon is considered "selling" it, but it's pretty drat close.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That post has been quoted here a few times and every time I read it, it's just as infuriating as the last

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Where are those payday 2 goonmod screenshots of stuff like the grenade with a silencer on it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That doesn't even just happen to MMOs. Subnautica has its own cadre of git-gudders that are doing their absolute best to steer the devs off course into making the game more "hardcore" by making it as tedious as possible, since everyone knows more mouse clicks needed to get anything done means it's more hardcore and the gameplay is better. Basically anything in the game that makes you any better than a shivering, helpless diverman is an affront to them.

Thread relevant: I seriously hope subnautica ends up with limited moddability so some of the dumb tedious poo poo they've been doing can be removed, such as the 4 different ways they have made the big submarine more of a pointless hassle to use.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bieeardo posted:

Let me know when someone mods the cavalcade of gently caress-you monsters out of Subnautica. I was interested at one point, but the clamouring tryhards in the Steam forums turned me right off.

There is a mode you can select when you start a game which makes you invincible

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's like the total opposite of battlefield 2142 revive, which has links to straight up download/effectively pirate the game right on their website, and they advertised it on the official battlefield forums, but EA hasn't stopped them because why would they. The games were dead and had no hope of coming back because gamespy shut down, before revive did some moon magic to restore server functionality.

Orv posted:

TESO.txt

MMOs.txt

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Well 75% of the polygons it can render without melting are being taken up by that one model so there's not a lot of resources left to go around

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Unsurprisingly, the suits at bethesda are somehow undeterred after failing to learn from the two PR nightmares they caused and have launched their "beta" for skyrim special edition creation club.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/09/30/skyrim-special-edition-creation-club-survival-mode/

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It wasn't an official thing in skyrim up until now, although of course there's survival mods for skyrim. Someone who's actually up to date on skyrim modding tell me how bethesda's mode shapes up to what you can get from survival mods?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

Bad Company had some pretty great weapon sounds in 2008.

So did 2142 (2006), especially the vehicles

DICE has always cared about their sound more than almost anyone else and it is a drat tragedy what happened to the battlefield series

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

How does one keep up with memes?

Get unemployed

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

that is so much more amazing than what I was expecting

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

those dontrels are incredible

also apparently the creator had this to say

quote:

Sanya Waffles
2 days ago
I'm glad you reviewed the project. I consider it an honor.

MAP07 being skippable was actually a bug! Thank you for pointing it out, I didn't mean to make the level completable that easily. I will fix that.

The final boss was actually severely bugged, I have since to fixed her. Protip: don't use the despairium rifle on her, she loves it ;D But she is supposed to be beatable despite that. Marisa and a few others had the exact same problem you did though, especially on the Discourse difficulty.

In DD2 (yes there's gonna be a sequel) will have a bit more wacky weapons and a more solid story with some better worldbuilding. I feel DD1 failed in that and before I go forward on DD2 I'm gonna try to at least buff DD1 up some more. The main problem is GZDoom's limited on cutscenes and not being that good of a writer. I might bring two of my friends on as writers to help worldbuild this a bit. I wonder if I can make DD2 more like Hexen or Strife in terms of hub-like level design.

I'm gonna take some of the criticisms and try to improve DD1 before diving into DD2 (especially since my musician hasn't finished the score to DD1 yet). The weapons in DD2 will be improved however - in fact I'm trying to make a broad array of wacky weapons, not just the bazooka and heatseeker you'd see in ROTT.

Also there's an added feature to the coccoon mode of the TBD - it bounces off surfaces so you can sort of attack enemies at various angles. I guess it can be kind of lacking though.

TBH the Despairium rifle being nerfed was kind of a mistake on my part. Some people like it, others, such as yourself and myself, don't care for it much. I'll see if there's a better way to make it.

As for why Daytime Drama 1 is such a shitpost? Well, it had a long complex development history and was a reboot of a lovely mod I made back in 2007 and alot of the injokes and such from the past couple years piled into one. I feel accomplished that the game even got released, as I had to move out of my grandparents house after they died, and that made development of it (since 2013) a bit hard to do.

Still, I feel a tad bit of lore could not have hurt. I'm gonna see if I can't tweak this before the final release. I'll talk with some people and see if they have any ideas.

Thanks again for the playthrough/video. I'll see what I can do to make it better. :D

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 26, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Guacamelee has some excellent character mods including saxton hale

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js-tK298yOM

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Please, no! Not the stecwirkikibg!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lurksion posted:

Where the gently caress did this come from? Seeing it pop up everywhere randomly.

someone made a comic and the rest is idiocy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxb6yzOYF_Q

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Or if you make a skimpy armour mod, make it so everyone who wears clothes is wearing a skimpy outfit. More modders should take design notes from Age of Barbarian and Frank Frazetta's stuff, basically.

EDIT: Skimpy clothes modders, I mean.

This already seems to happen pretty often by accident, as I've read mod users complaining about the wrong kinds of NPCs doing "sexy animations" more than once

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

men don’t make me horny, and that’s the greatest crime I can think of

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

I always just used the old "move a worthless item to the top of your inventory" trick so they'd steal like a xander root or something instead of one of my 3 miniguns.

now I have questions about how exactly a child pickpockets a minigun

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I can't think of one obvious chud I've seen on SA in the last year except for one in the anthem thread (lol) who immediately got chased away

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

capcom lets you hack the poo poo out of monster hunter and kill monsters in one hit, in multiplayer. There is almost no way they care.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mordja posted:

That's the name of the modder, and his mod, which I only found due to his ranting in the comments of another, more popular mod.

the beautiful circle of modding

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mordja posted:

-Anyway, I quickly got bored and quit, which does mean I wasn't able to find another notable character.

Geee, seems familiar...

:lol:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/A2113Y/status/1229764703045316609

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I appreciate the mod advertising that it has, in fact, been playtested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Huzzah! posted:

Darn, thought this was gonna be a mod that put those headless dudes with bombs for hands from Serious Sam into Skyrim. Oh, well.

:same: