Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

The Iron Rose posted:

And now, with the skyrim special edition's release, we get to enjoy new glorious 64 bit depravity

:suicide:
Like Arthmoor's Oblivion Gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Two Beans posted:

Someone should mod in a character based on Arthmoor that's a bard singing the Dragonborn song incorrectly and badly, who claims his version has better lyrics than the original. Then include a quest from a jarl or someone to make him a mute.
I suggest a low-effort alternative. Just rename Nazeem to Arthmoor.

And add some nice Trump posters to his farm.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 1, 2016

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

What are even building design contraints in Minecraft? You cannot build building the size of Jupiter? Or that you cannot build a castle out of sand?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

How come there is still not a mod that replaces toilet paper texture with some Vault Meat pictures? I expected more from the modding community.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mr. Owl posted:

edit: Bonus picture from this mount mod Dragonborn Mounts and Followers SE

That mod is golden...

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Samizdata posted:

For some reason, I don't believe he is actually like that. He's a loving loser fishing for attention.
Far more likely. Split-brain condition exists, but I am pretty sure it doesn't work the way he describes it.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mr. Owl posted:

Clearly the issue is the lack of swole-ness with all these waifu mods that clutter up the place. It might be a joke, but if its on the 'slab someone is masturbating to it.

:nws:True Amazons Race and Armors 1.0a:nws:
It reminds me one of those russian experiments where they grafted a dog's head on a different body. Or that scene in Alien 4 where they found mutated Ripley clone begging them to kill her. Just... ugh.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Jesus gently caress.

It stabbed its own arm. Poor creature.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Probably start with mods by trainwiz and FancyPants (I think trainwiz has/had ban on nexus for making fun out of some weird waifus, so workshop would be a better choice), maybe also this http://www.tesgeneral.com/fun-mods

Edit: and watermelon, cheese and sweetroll atronachs http://www.mediafire.com/file/bkchj8q3snj28cv/Food+Atronach.7z

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 28, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

GunnerJ posted:

dark0ne babbling
How about I give it worse rating because I don't fully endorse alien-faced totally-not-pedo loli mods. Or maybe I don't like feature creep when open cities mod has ugly oblivion gates, because mod author thinks his mod is more canon than game itself.

But weirdos harassing mod author for 18 pages because author dared to make less sexual female armors? That's fine.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

m2pt5 posted:

So how long before they add "crates" (or thematic equivalent) to Skyrim and sell keys in the Bethesda funbux store?
That already happened to ESO.

Anyway, I like their approach more than Valve's (but they set pretty low bar and they are making it only lower) and I guess one video call or whatever would be enough to filter out crazy narcissistic modders (if they will ever bother, but professional applications would probably suffice). But I am curious what kind of DRM will they employ. I guess - pretty much none.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 12, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Cernunnos posted:

I hope Arthmoor tries to submit something and is unceremoniously rejected.

He'll probably throw a poo poo-fit on his blog about it.
If those modders get to be employees, I suspect that his involvement in that furry game might lead to concurrent employment.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Some people already put breasts on everything, this thread is a proof of it. When humanoid robots will become commercially available, one of the first functions they'll fulfill will be sex with humans, no doubt about that. Same would be true for Fallout universe, despite the 50s theme.

Libido. Libido never changes.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Brainamp posted:

More like shameful as gently caress. It's like the author didn't even care about the clipping.
Do they ever? Clipping issues are just distraction from staring at baloons.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Last thing I see before I fall asleep. Thank you.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Leal posted:

When can I slap guards with a floppy cock?
All dick weapons for ES I found were not floppy, disappointing! How come no one ported The Penetrator from Saints Row? :sad:

Also, what am I doing...

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I was going to say that it's not-so-sexual mod (compared to Nexus standards and based on full body screenshots) and I was almost willing to believe, that it's not made for fetish purposes. But then I stumbled upon author's deviantart account.

Eh, I need to clean the browser history now.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 29, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

corn in the bible posted:

i remember a skyrim mod where it was all stupid poo poo and there was a tommy wiseau horse and chair heads what the hell was that
Crimes against nature. Same modder made macho dragons.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Guy Mann posted:

he's managing to channel his sexuality into something actually productive
Freud would be SO happy.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

These people would create human centipede in real life or something even worse, if they could.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Bethesda (and Zenimax) is just following in Valve's footsteps.

Card game for your gambling needs ✓ (sorry, that was actually Blizzard, but who cares)
Crates with random content ✓
Paying pittance to content creators ✓

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 1, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

It's definitely potato laptop. Just take a look at trees in the distance in other screenshots... how can anyone play the game with those eyesores is beyond me. Probably :nws:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

It's not even branching in a direction of nazi swastika.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

you know why

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Improbable Lobster posted:

Episode 3 is supposed to be HL3/the end of the series. One last relatively short episode to wrap things up. It's not like it would be difficult for Valve to make the drat thing.

I'm really starting to actively dislike Valve.
Only starting?
HL3 will never happen, they probably concluded that they cannot use RNG microtransaction model on a mostly single-player game and they cannot turn it into an addictive e-sport.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Praseodymi posted:

You want to tell me where else I can get my games as cheap and easy as Steam and I'll happily use it.
Local stores tend to be cheaper. I just checked some stores located in my country, one of them was selling HoI4 for 34.39 € (Steam has it for 39.99 €), other two were selling it for less than 20 €. All digital distribution. Also, I tend to buy games directly from companies (if I can), not everyone is dependent on Steam. Steam is just convenient, but many older games can be bought cheaper all year round elsewhere and not just during the Steam "sale".

Furia posted:

I'll never understand how people find "firms use existing wealth to generate more wealth" to be some earth shattering revelation
Sure. Article is mainly aimed at people who idealize Valve and similar companies. Or at people naive enough to consider making content for their Workshop. And practices of some companies might be worse than the others'.

Edit: someone post some awful mods already

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 14, 2018

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

turn off the TV posted:

endless wall of text
What's the gist of it? He is mad because his mod was reviewed and not just endorsed by his minions at :nexus: hugbox?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Raygereio posted:

If you then sat those people down and proved point by point that everyone one of Grimy's claims about Duel was objectively true, they'd still be "It was hurtful and mean and therefore and filthy lie!"
I feel like if that stuff had happened today, those same people would be yelling "fake news" instead.
Arthmoor is a Trump supporter, so he probably yells "fake news" https://www.iguanadons.net/Red-Shift-540.html

I wonder if the modding scene breeds this kind of attitudes or whether these people have some genuine personality disorder.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Please don't use my penis in any other mods

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

In role-based shooters like Overwatch, you can always blame your team members for losing.

In arena shooters like Quake, you can only blame yourself for losing in deathmatch.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Nice hairy arms, D.VA.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Leading? :eyepop:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Wow, that's really bad.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Someone should combine those two Doom mods.

edit: oh my, those faces peeking from below the glitching floor

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 10, 2018

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

It's interesting that it's ok for some companies to port their armors or whatever into other games (like Witcher armor into Skyrim), but you cannot port stuff from one Bethesda game into another. Why is that? Maybe beacuse they want to do remastered versions themselves?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So... the primary complaint was basically that the mod that was explicitly designed not to be a sexy armour mod wasn't sexy enough?

Do they just not understand the concept of "this isn't intended for you"?
They were making arguments that boobplates are actually historical and practical or some other rationalizing crap. Of course they would never admit they like boobplates because of boobs.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I know that, my curiosity was in regards to what flavour of bullshit they were trotting out to try and justify it :munch:.
I went back to Less sexual female armor mod discussion and found some remaining examples that were not deleted by Nexus mods

So, custom fitted armor that's meant for actual combat apparently means abandoning all experience from actual combat gained by generations of armorsmiths and making something breast-shaped, because if you are a woman, you just cannot fit into this huge padded cuirass, no. If your chest has breasts, everything you wear must be breast-shaped.

Another good one:

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 14, 2018

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

The MSJ posted:

I think The Slab might have human skin armor.
Do you mean man-hide suit? *Goodbye Horses starts playing in the background*
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433140265

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Nice, there are only 7 mods for X4 yet, one of them removes african characters and the other one adds brony player flags.

Edit: 'diversity' mod is already under moderation, but it was quickly reupped by someone else.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

CommissarMega posted:

I do wonder what an incest-based AI would do, though. Are they all about building alliances? Making vassal states of the same race so they could 'trade resources'?

Also CK2 is the kind of game where there are at least 3 ways I know of to utter the phrase 'I accidentally ate my pregnant sister-wife' so having mere incest is kind of meh.
It would do a lot of inbreeding. Meaning Divine marriage should just combine repugnant and slow breeder traits. And slowly stagnate, degenerate and die out, just like Spanish Habsburgs.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 19, 2018