Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Bieeardo posted:

And he'll pummel you to death with a stream of saline implants. It'll be a fakeality.

Fatalititty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Apparently this sort of thing is fairly common even in AAA games - NPCs have all sorts of useful behavior already implemented, so finding ways to reuse them takes a lot less work than coding up something new.

https://twitter.com/pedrothedagger/status/823681719437922304

(There's a bit more discussion of the subject threaded from there.)

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Rhymenoserous posted:

:allears:

LordZarmack Feb 2 @ 2:06pm
but becouse of this i assumed it must be becouse of my birth condition, (my left and right hemespheres wernt connected) - through years of yoga i wa s able to reconnect them, but it left me with a side effect of what i thought wa s scitzophrenia. turned out a seperate entiety had developed in that part. and when we met it overwelmed me and crushed me, turns out that was aspergers.- or 0.1456275623 - - jsut random numbers totaly random. i just named it lord zarmack. and moved on- long story short. we both now exsist here. after years of fighting and self harm, i wa s able to establsh dominance over my other self and now that part of me only comes out when required. - wether its a broken mind justifying its own power hungry desire, or a animal wanting dominance is unknown. but it is measurable and quantifiable..

It's permabanned poster GameModder0.1456275623!

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Shadowlyger posted:

Eh, at least the faces don't have that "kill me please" look. I think?

In this case it's almost weirder for them to not have that kind of expression.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Mizuti posted:

Waifu mods are low-hanging fruit, but just look at this hot mess:

What is this bleached, washed-out version of Skyrim? It makes me think of Poser comics.

It's like they wanted to mod in their favorite part of Morrowind, but their favorite part of Morrowind was the lighting engine.