Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I'm glad the Portal Reloaded Voiceover Robot Man explained the "proper" way to do one of the early test chambers to me after I did it in an unintended way (otherwise I suspect I would be completely hosed later on as I had a total mental block about the intended solution)

It was the one that introduces the time-portal-also-conserves-momentum mechanic (arrrgh, of course it does, you idiot). Which I instead did by standing on a cube to get more a bit more height over the pit and flinging myself across normally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I couldn't be arsed with it after about chamber.. 17 ish? I can see what I have to do, I think, but it's difficult to experiment because of the "moving past portals affects the future ones" mechanic. You can carefully set something up and then one unthinking misclick means you have to tediously redo a bunch of stuff.

[edit]It's also weirdly flaky at the moment. Laser beams don't hurt you until they do, there's no ability to manually reload a save as far as I can see (exacerbating the tedious puzzle-redo issues) , it auto-positions portals for you on occasions (snapping them to, presumably, where they're useful for the "correct" solution but again this frustrates experimentation), etc, etc)

Two Owls fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 26, 2021