Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Digirat posted:

Flowerchild is the arthmoor of minecraft in terms of asserting his vision for the game is superior to the developer's, except instead of ~lore~, his vision is about the mechanics of some nerd poo poo lego game
He did the exact same thing when he started modding Kerbal Space Program, too, even going so far as to revamp the tech tree in a manner that made it so there was one and exactly one "correct" way of progressing, so narrowly-defined that if you did things in any other way, unlocked techs or visited planets in any other order than the one he decreed, you were basically screwed and had to restart because there wouldn't be enough science available to unlock what you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Skyrim is just one big flaw though. There's no way to polish a turd.
You can put glitter on it tho

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Does darkone not know that literally the entire point of 1-5 star ratings is subjectivity? Like, does he go on Yelp and go "Well that's not four-star worthy, the taste of the food is subjective!" when reading through reviews of restaurants?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

The number one problem of video game modding is that, unlike playing tabletop games, you can't reach across the table and punch someone in the face for trying to turn the game into their own weird creepy fetish wank simulator.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Fortunately, unlike playing tabletop games, it isn't your game that they're doing it to unless you download and install their mod.

You tryin' to tell us something?
There are however mods that sneak that poo poo in there without advertising it.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

This is canon.
No sorry canon is that he ended up on the elemental plane of bees.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

the primary issue with the books is that the main character is some lawful good single class no kit human fighter, which literally nobody in the history of ever has done in those games and would get reduced to ashes and vapor in the first couple of hours of gameplay without some very serious metagaming and manipulation. it's like the writer who got the job was explicitly told "make the MC as boring as humanly loving possible because there's no precedent on what he should or should not be from the games", when the entire arc of SoA and the opening act of ToB is all about how the Bhallspawn blood makes people crave murder like fuckin' Dexter and poo poo. despite that, there's almost no moral conflicts in what i read, just emotional conflicts with understandable but drab stuff such as wanting to look after Imoen and getting distressed when she's in danger or unhappy.

i didn't read long enough to see if there were any painfully abortive romance arcs in the SoA book but it would be entirely in keeping for him to go after Jaheira in the most traditional, vanilla way possible and have her succumb just because nothing better is on offer.
Also Minsc was barely in the books (as a bouncer at the Copper Coronet, of all things) and they gave him long red hair and no hamster. The entire series read like the author had only played the most bare, token playthrough of the game.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Kavak posted:

The metal chain bikini is the lore-unfriendliest part of that image, and maybe the makeup. Makeup should actually be really loving rare in a post-apocalyptic wasteland (For New Vegas just assume the NCR is manufacturing stuff)
:goonsay:
Eh, not necessarily. Makeup goes back a few thousand years thanks to extracting natural pigments from things like plants. No reason the same couldn't be true in the wasteland(s).

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Kavak posted:

You see any plants in the Commonwealth?
Yeah plenty. Plus pigments can be gotten from various animals, too, like shellfish.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

If my personal experience of having murdered every single last Legionnaire in the game is anything to go by, there can't be that many members of Caesar's Legion. Like three or four dozen at most in the Mojave, and supposedly Caesar's Legion is "spread thin" across the Southwest.

It's probably really less of a "legion" and more of a "mid-to-large-sized militia". But even so, it'd wouldn't be that hard to raid untouched caches of college football locker rooms.
And also the charred remains of Dick's Sporting Goods.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Max Wilco posted:

I'm not familiar with Kerbal Space Program, but isn't the point of the game is to try and emulate space travel and space shuttle construction as accurately as possible? Why make a mod like that? It's not even a, "It's difficult so as to be more realistic" argument, it just sounds like it's making the game more difficult arbitrarily.
Welcome to Flowerchild. The same mod also revamped the KSP tech tree (which in the unmodded and most modded games is very open-ended) so that there is exactly one and only one "correct" progression, and if you unlock a tech in an order that Flowerchild doesn't consider acceptable, there just plain won't be enough science left to collect to unlock another and you basically have to either cheat or start over. This is made apparent nowhere.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Samizdata posted:

Not just girls with dicks. Girls with freaking enormous dicks.
Not just girls with freaking enormous dicks. Girls with freaking enormous dicks who still also have vaginas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

If I remember right SoZ is the expansion where you create your own party, so it's not exactly what I'm talking about.
You can, and the initial fight is a hell of a lot easier if you do, but there are still some recruitable party members.