Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legendof
Oct 27, 2014

One of my roommates is gluten free (celiac). It is only expensive if you insist on eating the fancy gluten free versions of things she liked that contain gluten (especially snacks! Just pick ones that are already gluten free, don't go buying the gluten free oreos or whatever, they're really not worth it anyway). If you just accept that most of your meals will center around rice now it won't be so pricey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legendof
Oct 27, 2014

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Which is then being frozen in a block of ice and shoved in the back of the freezer. And I’m deleting it from my paypal and Amazon accounts.

This is a good idea.

If you think it would be helpful, you can also explain to your wife that having no balance on your credit card makes that card more useful in an emergency - nearly all financial emergencies that could come up will be easier to pay for with a credit card than with debit, and having no balance on there means you have a larger maximum you could spend in an emergency.

Of course, you don't really want her to hear this as "credit cards are my emergency fund, I don't need a balance also" because you do, credit card spending is a loan, but hopefully you see my point.

legendof
Oct 27, 2014

Seconded, the extra under a hundred bucks a year is not a good hourly wage when you think about the time required to open, manage, and do tax paper work for the second (third, fourth, etc) account. I use Ally and like them, but they're all pretty much the same.

legendof
Oct 27, 2014

Hey, it's okay to feel bad sometimes. Don't be too hard on yourself, do whatever you need to do. Just make sure you're eating, sleeping, and drinking water, and try to get even a little bit of exercise, like walking around the block, if you can. You'll get through it.

E: and we're all rooting for you!

legendof
Oct 27, 2014

If you don't hire movers, or even if you do, you should also look into renting plastic moving boxes - they're hard sided and they stack perfectly without shifting or sliding, and they make the process of packing go faster (because you don't have to tape anything and don't have to fill all the boxes to capacity since they won't crush if the top is a little empty) and they make moving go faster (since they're very easy to load).

Congrats on the new place and on finding roommates so quickly! It's great that things are looking up for you :)

legendof
Oct 27, 2014

Not trying to get on your case, but you responded to a question about whether or not you guys could go for a walk in the mornings with a response about why you can't do it in the evenings. I second the opinion that getting outside and getting a bare minimum of exercise and fresh air would be great for both of you and would be a good thing to do together - try and find ways to make it happen instead of reasons you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legendof
Oct 27, 2014

Listen to yourself, though - you're saying that you are going to, and then you immediately follow that up with excuses for why you aren't. We believe that you intend to do it, but the fact of the matter is that you aren't doing it.

It's not even that important whether or not you and your wife go for walks. It'd improve your lives, probably, but the real issue here is that you are giving yourself credit for your intent to do something without ever actually doing it, which is a really bad pattern to set.

• Locked thread