Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

total tangent but I am going to murder the gently caress out of people who say "in this economy" what the gently caress are they going to do in the next honest to god recession
It's about as dumb as it comes. We have a good economy cureently, but people prioritize deficit spending vs saving - granted that is part of what drives the economy, but its short sighted, much like that dumb saying. Save first, spend second. :smugdon:

Don't be average, savings is good. But your wife's attitude on finances worries me, OP. Both from her many months of obsessive savings to now wanting to not have savings and just move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
What's your current (or 3/31, whatever) cash/savings position vs target?

I think you should move from everything you've said in this thread, but do it wisely. Moving from (IIRC) a goal of 10k and wanting CC debt to hit the savings goal to 1k instantly because your therapist said its fine worries me a lot.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Exercise helps a lot.

I've purchased some like new or new with tags clothing off of eBay, its always worked out well. Inspect seller history, pictures/description, and stick with brands you know (like you did) and you should have good results.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That might not be a bad idea, thanks.

My company is having a monthly giveaway for the rest of the year as a celebration of a huge milestone. It’s a raffle where the prizes are an electric bicycle, a cruise, an eco-lodge stay, or a fishing boat. If I win I should get the boat, right?

Odds of me winning are probably about 2000:1, you get one entry each month for each year you have been at the company. Kind of a huge prize to be giving out, but it really is a tremendous milestone for the company.

My credit bump must be significant, I’m getting a lot more credit card offers in the mail. That still go into the trash.

Just sent a job opening to a former coworker. If he applies and gets hired (they’re having a hard time finding someone reliable and good with people) that’s $500 after 90 days and another $500 after 6 months. It’s not a ton, and it’s over 6 months, but it’s nothing to sneeze at.
Always go for the boat. Or bitcoins!

You(+wife) should be able to opt out of the bulk of the CC offers. I now only get CC transfers from banks I do business with - they won't let me opt out now that I am signed up... https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0148-prescreened-credit-and-insurance-offers

Nam Taf posted:

If it doesn’t show traits of SAD is it necessarily that? Was it formally diagnosed?

The reason I harp on about it is, despite drifting into E/N territory, it’s fundamentally tied to your spending and earning capacities. Any improvement you get there benefits your financial health too.
I feel like vitamin D can be blood tested... I know little about that, besides it's A Thing.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
You should have one of your psychologist give you an Emotional Support Animal letter. I talked to my psychologist, she approved of it, and I wrote my own and she signed it during our next session. It saved me from any pet issues thereafter, and no pet rent/deposit/etc.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
I feel like I missed something. Is this the townhouse?

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Our current landlord came by today to change the air filter and do a walkthrough of the apartment. Apparently storing stuff in the storage / furnace room is unacceptable. She threw everything we had in there out and yelled at my wife over it.

We need to get the hell out of this apartment and out from under that racist’s thumb. She’s always been condescending towards my wife except for the one time she was cooking when they came by, and when our black neighbor was touring the house she repeatedly said that marijuana wasn’t allowed, despite not mentioning that to me when I toured the apartment. She’s barely civil with me, but still at least civil.

I contacted a few more places, I’ve heard back from one. Hopefully we can get the hell out this month.

Your landlord threw your stuff out?!

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Dumbbell lifting is good for core stabilization. I don't have room for a cage at home - and my employer only will get us a Smith and I don't approve of those - so I use a bench and dumbbells.

But you lifting doesn't get your wife exercising, and walking/hiking is a great activity. Get at it! (I can't say poo poo, my lab is upset with how much we haven't been going out.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I was saying that yes we can do it in the mornings, but that somehow it’s hotter here than in ABQ in the evenings.
Welllllll it won't be every day.

I almost got up early enough to do this today. I walked my dog every morning, until I got a back yard... I kinda miss it.

• Locked thread