Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Now with Dogge and Catte Supremacy

And I realized I gave Cage $10 too many in the title.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

first

edit: have a picture of my mum's dog

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 31, 2016

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
"$395 dollars" is redundant

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

idgi :confused:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

"$395 dollars" is redundant

Thank goodness 2016 is almost over. Nuclear Fire 2016

See Cage's post in October thread.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Because there's a dollars sign, and also the word dollars

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

I am not a clever man. I own VAG products.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

welp good try boys time to pack up and move on

we did are best

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
WHERES MY MONEY HONEY

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the aussies are gonna be so mad :qq:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

TT, my well wishes for you and your family, particularly your mum :glomp: Cancer is the worst and no respecter of persons.

November 2016 - when the BREXIT vote will meet its match for idiocy of modern world history.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Ground floor doggeposte, Willie says hi :)
This is the first picture I've even been able to take of him, he's not particularly fond of cameras.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hi Willie!

CommieGIR posted:

See Cage's post in October thread.
Oh :downs:

Dagen H posted:

Not that.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this is the second month in a row with some sort of grammatical or spelling error in the thread title

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I am not a dogge person. But this is our family dogge, Frank. Push the button, frank.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cage posted:

WHERES MY MONEY HONEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKw5mBh4rYs

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

WHERES MY MONEY HONEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_5bZgk1JRE

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Cage posted:

WHERES MY MONEY HONEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS9f6_i6v3Q

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Actually

me irl

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Tomorrow: Halloween candy for pennies on the dollar.:btroll:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

Tomorrow: Halloween candy for pennies on the dollar.:btroll:

Best part of being an adult.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

catte and dogge

I can only ever get pictures of them when they are asleep, since when they are awake its nonstop dog/cat battle royal.

The wife decided we needed to pick up Halloween candy to give out, its almost gone and I need to go buy more...

blk
Dec 19, 2009
If anybody needs a cheap garage laptop, I have several in the Classifieds/SA Mart. Open to offers.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

CommieGIR posted:

Best part of being an adult.

nah best part of being an adult is buying the five pound bag of Mike & Ikes from Costco whenever you drat well please. It is like a :hf: to twelve year old me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
White people using Facebook to check in at the pipeline protest is loving disgusting.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I have enough candy for approx 400 kids. My record is just over 200.

I think I'll have extra.

:)

Also, Mrs Slidebite and I rewatched Panic Room this past weekend. Forgot how I liked it.

Question (and I'll spoiler in the off chance someone here hasn't seen it)

When the cops first come to the door and she sends them away saying there is no problem, how did they know she really was in trouble? I am assuming that one cop somehow did and he came back with the SWAT team 10 minutes later

Also, Dwight Yoakam plays a creepy, ugly fucker way better than he should.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

blk posted:

If anybody needs a cheap garage laptop, I have several in the Classifieds/SA Mart. Open to offers.

I want the HP Elitebook if you still have it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

White people using Facebook to check in at the pipeline protest is loving disgusting.

whoops :shobon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You monster.

As soon as my paycheck deposits I am sending a donation. It's not gonna be much but it'll be more effective than checking in on facebook.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

we give 10%/month of our income away and my aunt lives with the blackfoot native population up in montana so i sent half of the 10% to her so she can come see my mum and half of it to the people out in Standing Rock

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I spent a part of my teenager years in South Dakota and spent a summer on a res for a rehab program (I was a bad kid) so seeing white people pretend to give a poo poo really irks me. I can't send 10% of my income but I'll send what I can afford.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

If they're trying to hide who is actually there, I don't understand why they don't tell the protesters to stop sharing their location on Facebook.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

slidebite posted:

Also, Dwight Yoakam plays a creepy, ugly fucker way better than he should.

If you haven't already, go watch Sling Blade.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Brother update: He told me he would have $100 for me by Thursday. I waited until Sun night and asked him about it he said hes been so busy he hasnt had time to cash his check and that it was in his locker at work and he would cash it today. He just called me saying that he can't find it. OH OKAY THATS REASONABLE I BELIEVE THAT

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
I just found out that the new (to me) house I bought, my first ever home purchase, is not in the city I believed it was in. It is, in fact, according to everyone except the United States Postal Service and online maps (like Google Maps, Bing, etc.) in the city I specifically set out not to buy a home in.

Does it seem ridiculous this is the case? Certainly. You'd think that somewhere in all of the paperwork and documentation I had to fill out/review, there would be some mention of the actual city this place is in, but, nope. Apparently it's all about the county.

Until suddenly it came time to deal with property taxes. And now not only do I find out I'm paying 20% more per year, but also that all of the services I thought I was going to be using from the city MY STREET ADDRESS IS IN I'm not eligible for.

I am, like, white-hot incandescent about this.

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 31, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Prong Song posted:

I am, like, white-hot incandescent about this.
How does that work in the US? Here, it's the kind of thing that should be found in searches before buying, and so it's the solicitors' liability.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I too would be curious about this. Doesn't your offer to purchase, let alone title say the land location as "In the city of" or something like that? Did the property taxes not even come up in purchasing?

Sounds like an epic cluster.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

mariooncrack posted:

If they're trying to hide who is actually there, I don't understand why they don't tell the protesters to stop sharing their location on Facebook.

What I have heard (and what Snopes has debunked) is that law enforcement agencies are trawling facebook to target protesters, so by checking in at Standing Rock, you're making yourself a red herring to obfuscate protesters that are actually there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

My guess is that this home is in a formerly-unincorporated area, and was annexed by the city specifically to gently caress those homeowners. Still fighting that poo poo, myself. Check for any clauses in your purchase for unknown/unforseen issues. If you signed a blanket waiver, though, you are probably outright hosed.

• Locked thread