Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sorry I'm dumb, what do you mean the house isn't in the right city? I assume you didn't buy a house you've never seen so you know where it is physically, is it on land that comes under one township and you thought it was in another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

150+ kids in the last 1:30

Might blow well over 200 this year

Err, phrasing?

Went to a Halloween party at the house off some people my wife met through the kids of another friend (convoluted story), so I finally got to wear the Zoidberg costume I made years ago, met some new nice people, had adult conversations with new people, it was great.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Turned the laptop on this morning to sort out my car insurance renewal, it started doing Win10 updates so I sorted car insurance over the phone, switched energy suppliers and started looking at mobile SIM tariffs, then went out and took the kids to cycle in the park, came back and made dinner before it loving finished.

I can't afford a Mac and I'm not sure it'd actually be a better thing overall but this is a vicious circle - laptop is poo poo, don't use often. Need laptop? Needs a day of updates, therefore laptop is poo poo.

Also had a funny encounter at work, on Monday I decided I wanted Tuesday off, so I asked and got it, when a co-worker asked why I jokingly said it was a mental health day. Wednesday my boss took me to one side and gingerly/clumsily tried to ask me if I was having mental health issues and needed counselling or help. :3: I managed to convince him it was just a good time to do some more landscaping work before the weather got terrible.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

So how do I find out what to fit? it's a Toshiba Satellite C850 1LQ with a 750GB drive, I could get away with ~500GB to keep the cost down.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Any 2.5" SSD should fit in that. 480GB is about £90

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Storage/cat/Hard-Drive---SSD/subcat/2.5%22-SSD?q=laptop+ssd&sort=price+ascending

You could also buy yourself a smaller and cheaper SSD to use for the OS and keep your old 750GB drive in place of the DVD drive using one of these ebay specials

What are you? You're a star, that's what. I think I'll ditch the optical drive.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I just want 13" moon disc trims for my panda but nowhere's in stock.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I finally understand the whole 2nd amendment thing and why it's still there.

Trump described an unarmed protester as an assassination attempt, anyone talking about forming a militia will probably get their entire state nuked to glass if his responses remain in proportion.

Also count down to his using the term Trump States, as he named everything else after himself.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

As normal I woke at 5:30am this morning. It's now 3am. I got called in to work just as I was dozing off after a hot shower at 10pm. My mind is wandering and someone is going to take this walkie talkie off me soon, I can feel it. I've also had enough of stairs, I've been up and down this grubby press a hundred times. 4 flights of stairs.

I'm hungry.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

14 months in the new place and we just finally got all* of our books out of the garage onto bookshelves. Yeah I tore the garage apart and you can barely get in past the mess but the house feels better somehow full of books.

*I'll probably get by without my university textbooks, who cares.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

If you can't convince one human being to lie for you in a reference letter you can't rent a house, seems like a good bottom-of-the-barrel filter to me :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Want a real easy way to wind a terrible nerd up? Tell them their beloved Dragon ball Z is a rip off of Tree Fu Tom and watch them literally sputter in apoplectic rage. :allears:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Lord help me. I'm looking at what Trabant ownership is like.

Wear nothing but damp double denim, tie your shoe laces together, punch yourself in the balls every fifteen minutes.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

bend posted:

Thanks for the support, I hope I'm worth the effort but hosed if I know anymore.

Never think like this. You or anyone else need to rant you pm me or pretty much anyone else in this thread. AI chat thread is the best part of the internet bar none.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

bend posted:

I'm just hosed and depressed and she's always telling me that I shouldn't be thinking like that but I can't not right now you kn ow. I'll be alright in the morning I guess, I usualljy am because what the gently caress else can you do but keep on hitting hte wall until it breaks if you can't find a way around it.?

After a lot of discussion with friends I'm fairly convinced I suffered a minor breakdown a couple of years ago and I was feeling the same way. I didn't think I could talk to anyone at the time because I was just being a pussy and needed to man up. Thanks society, for making me think that's how I should have reacted to crippling loneliness, depression, money issues, lack of sleep etc. No, I should have spoken to someone. All of those things can be addressed. My wife would have helped with anything she could, if she'd have known what was wrong. I've friends who'd have dropped everything and come seen me for as long as helping took, if they'd have known. I've family who'd have done the same. You almost certainly do too, whether you feel that or not.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Awkward goony hugs TT. Hug your dog in lieu. He probably smells better than I do right now.

Finally got some photographs up on the walls in the first time in forever, feels weird. Immediately want to print hundreds more.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Feel guilty all you want, whilst fitting said parts to your vehicle.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

I've actually been told that I should brake harder, it's better for the disc brakes, especially the rear brakes.

Of course, that would also suggest that I should accelerate harder ;)

The main problem seems to be that traffic doesn't want to accelerate as quickly as I want to. When you out-accelerate 95% of traffic at half throttle, shifting at 3K RPM, it's actually kinda depressing.

Common early V70 problem is the rear brakes seizing up with lack of use. The solution is to put weight in the back and romp on it.

I'm expecting the same with the teacup-sized drums in the rear of my panda so I drove that like I stole it whenever curves are likely. Unfortunately this now means I want to trade it in for the 100hp model, which defies the point of getting it in the first place.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I can't remember who recommended cowboy bebop but it's quite entertaining.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Picture everyone naked. Also don't let that thought arouse you as having a tent pole in your trousers is probably far more stressful than speaking to people.

Counterpoint, get horrifyingly energetically aroused. No-over will be listening to what you're saying if you repeatedly bang your boner against the lectern.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

Oh, no MR2 for me, it was just the car that comes to mind when I think Mid-engined RWD, since it is in the name and whatnot. If all goes well, by this time next week, I'll have a different MR car with a T-top, an 81 FIAT X1/9. I definitely plan on updating the suspension on ASAP and I have money for winter tires and a spare set of wheels set aside, but I want to be sure that if I gently caress up in the snow/slush/ice and start losing control, that I understand how to unfuck myself

E: unfuck myself without starting the whole snap oversteer nonsense and going from bad to worse

NEVER LIFT

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Wedge turkey on top, spin it up and just open your mouth. Efficiency and then you can concentrate on getting drunk.

If I hadn't met you personally I'd now suspect you're Colin Furze.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Answered by Hydraulic Press Channel. Yes.

Truly this is a great age to be alive.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

STR, any chance you can get a job doing alarms again? It must pay better than delivery surely?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

http://i.imgur.com/uUZbCDW.mp4

"Get our of my way, I have to SPEND AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE RIGHT loving NOW!"

Is that Asda? Holy crap how pathetic and shallow do you have to be to *remembers Brexit* ah nevermind.

E: I'm aware how awfully snobby and pretentious that might come across as but I hate black Friday, I hate people that get that excited by shopping, I hate to see extravagant greedy over-eager consumption by people probably (statistically correct in the UK at least) already in debt for crap they don't need.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 25, 2016

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

keykey posted:

Setting up a Drivetribe for AI. Any input on the site facing picture?

14" Dr Pepper rainbow.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I just thought he meant this one is all :v:

That's the one. Despite it being my desktop background at work I can't find it at home.
E: make the noise!

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 26, 2016

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My mum just bought a Kia Venga. I may have harmed any chance of getting a Christmas present by sending her a link to the Vengabus song. Worth it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

We use a poo poo load of swann kit at work, as coincidentally do a lot of our maintenance lads (hmmm) and they're really easy to setup via your internet to see when you're at work.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That is a metric standard gently caress load of money to tell people you can't get it up. Don't do it tt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Man, America really needs dropside Transits. That's what the correct answer to "I need a full-size bed work truck to do actual work truck things, because I use my work truck to do work, and I'm totally not compensating for anything" looks like.

Counterpoint: everyone will think you're going to steal the lead from their roof.

• Locked thread