Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cage posted:

WHERES MY MONEY HONEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKw5mBh4rYs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Lol. Just got a message from Facebook that my post about people checking in to Standing Rock was found to be offensive and has been removed.

Facebook's priorities are loving weird, man. One of my friend's videos got took down within minutes for reasons unknown, it was a car video with some music, nothing illegal.

...some other dude shares a video of a woman making GBS threads into a cup and some other chick licking it and it stays up for a couple of days.

Odd.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Last year I bought loads of sweets so of course there were no kids out trick or treating.

This year alllllllllllllll the kids were out, so many that it honestly made me wonder where they lived because at best I've seen 4 playing outside around here at any one time during summer. So of course I had no sweets to give out this year.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It is though. If you can make but a single person happy if only for a moment, it is a fine and good thing.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 1, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Let's just ignore that the £ has taken a nosedive off a cliff because the markets are up! No I don't know what any of it actually means but stop suggesting I made a poor decision by trying to vote out the Polish people who live up the street.

In other news dude I sit next to at work voted out. He's just come back from Amsterdam and was kicking off that everything cost so much because the £ is in the toilet, it's like he couldn't make the connection...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sparco Crimson NS2s are 8 splits

...and of course Enkei do a 5 split spoke version PF1.

Try rolling through this motherload http://kyushashoes.com/

*edit: Sparco NS3s are 7 splits

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

sidewalk gum posted:

I just want 13" moon disc trims for my panda but nowhere's in stock.

I think you'll find these are the only option for a car with such a name. :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Made pizza dough last week and had some left over from Friday. Made some with friends and am now basking in the feeling of having ate just a little too much.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

So is America officially great again now?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I finally understand the whole 2nd amendment thing and why it's still there.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I have one, well I'm paying into one anyway. It ain't gonna be worth poo poo by the time it comes to claim it though!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

There's good reasons why some people are scared shitless and it has not got a thing to do with LOOK AT ME.

Like people losing their healthcare

Like the LGBT who have to face Mike Pence having national influence.

Or a bunch of other highly relavent reasons.

Your country is a shithole and it's highly likely about to get worse. Give people some space to vent.

Edit : Annnnd I just see why Viggen got probated. Dude, come on.

Someone with a track record of being an absolute oval office to other human beings will soon be in a more important position with capability to be an absolute oval office to even more human beings. This is not something to be concerned about? Ignoring Trump's questionable past which may or may not be true, Pence's actions have happened and affected plenty of people and it's apparently bad to point it out? Astounding. Viggen. Dude.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Isn't there a post election misery thread in D&D? How about e/n?

Jesus.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm going to be a sucker and drop $60 for that retro mini-NES coming out because I loving can. Also, because I really hope they make a SNES version.

The Genesis/Megadrive one has a cartridge slot in the top so you can actually plug your carts in if you want the authentic experience. Sadly though it comes with a 3 button pad instead of the awesome 6 button one aaaaaaaaand it doesn't have HDMI out.

:/

I've contemplated RGB modding my consoles in the past and running them via a Framemeister because scanlines... Not cheap though. https://solarisjapan.com/products/xrgb-mini-framemeister-compact-up-scaler-unit

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

clam ache posted:

I had a car come back to the shop after the other tech put a rack in. Customer compains the wheel bearing is humming now. So I decide to ask the other tech of he torqued the wheel bearing. He asked why would he when the impact gun is faster. Then I spent 20 minutes explaining how all bearings need preload on them and the correct torque helps......him and my boss both think I'm lying.......and there the ones who have supposedly worked on cars transmissions for 20+ years.....

...well you don't get repeat customers if you do a job properly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

bolind posted:

Hey, britgoons. My friend (we're both Danish) is about to rent an apartment in London. The rental agency/landlord/slumlord is asking for a "Character Reference Letter" so he's asked me to write one. Can someone give me the skinny on what that is? I have a template, but I'd like input from someone in the know.

It's basically reassurance from another human being that knows them and can vouch for them not being a horrible slob or drunken dicklord that will trash the place and scream until 6am whilst playing tech house from a large PA system.

They just want to know what your friend is actually like so if you've known them forever and they're a solid person then say so. You're basically writing a review of your friend...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

bolind posted:

OK, thanks. And what prevents me from describing my horrible shitlord of a friend who pukes on the wallpaper and plays Infected Mushroom at 130dB every night until sunrise as a lovable chap who likes cats and peace and quiet? And can I get in trouble if I lie on it?

Mind you, they're very nice people, and the truth will very much suffice, I'm just thinking it's a bit of a weird system.

Nothing's preventing you from lying except your conscience so yeah it's definitely a weird thing. I had to get one to rent the place I'm in now but as I'm a wonderful person that wasn't an issue.

I think it's more if you're a complete cock then you're probably going to struggle to find someone to write good words about you. And I'm at least 99% sure it's not legally binding because hey, people change and your friend could be the most placid person alive in your company and an utter twat in everyone else's. As long as they don't poopsock the joint up it'll be fine.

Where are they moving to?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

There's nothing wrong about playing Infected Mushroom at 130dB, is there?

Friends don't let friends listen to psytrance.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

poo poo cars are the best cars, anyone who doesn't agree is just wrong. Go watch Chris Harris' video on his 2CV and witness what a joy that piece of poo poo is to drive.

Shout out to BBC for removing all his content on youtube. Dicks.

2CV: http://videos.sapo.pt/84zjVpwOeVPfmsQfiuIP

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

It's London. Why anyone chooses to live there is beyond me.

"but there's so much to do there!"

...you mean take public transport for an hour to get 5 miles away? Sounds like great fun. Londoners always talk up the parks and museums like there's nothing else the place has to offer.

London has some awesome music acts roll up but gently caress living in close proximity to several million other dickheads.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

bend posted:

Thanks, I'm just feeling a bit completely hosed out of shape and don't really know what the gently caress to do right now, for some reason I tend to apologise alot when I get this way.

It's because you're a man and men aren't supposed to have feelings or talk about them because you're supposed to be strong. Which is why when something really bad happens and you're forced to address them, it's really loving hard... Don't apologise for being human.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This made me :lol: as a response.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Not content with the whole brexit clusterfuck, the government is looking at pushing forward plans to legally give the 'security services' of the UK power to snoop on everything you do relating to an internet connection or phone.

quote:

Early on, the only amendment that the bill received from MPs was a measure that stopped themselves being spied on

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...n-a7423866.html

I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want to go live in the middle of nowhere in a country that has gently caress all tech industry or infrastructure.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Dagen H posted:

Valentine, Nebraska

I had a look on google maps and the images are from 2008 which belies the look of the place which seems to be trapped in the late 80s. Also on the main highway it appears to be being raptured if you look East.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

Of course, that would also suggest that I should accelerate harder ;)

...why would you not do this? It never gets old.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

Because traffic :emo:

Good point.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

My dad has randomly taken to calling me aqualung

...because you're strange and beautiful?

https://youtu.be/9AN9ag5xhvY

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

$1.3 mil into 6 weeks is $216k a week, $30k a day.

I dunno how they figure it out but the numbers are impressively scary

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

scuz posted:

A whole new generation of Americans get to fight nazis, except this time they don't have to cross an ocean to fight them where they live.

Oh you saw this too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Picture everyone naked. Also don't let that thought arouse you as having a tent pole in your trousers is probably far more stressful than speaking to people.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

Danny Brown is a p. good rapper. I enjoy pretty much all of his work although is latest album is...different.

I've recently come around on Run The Jewels. Killer Mike and El-P complement each other real well on tracks.

Danny Brown seems like the kind of guy you could hang out with, drink some lovely beer, smoke a bit and chat poo poo for hours. I fucks with Danny Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj0jiEIyT24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0s0XHVUGF0

This one gets honourable mention due to Darq E Freaker being a UK Grime producer and this will be the only tune you'll probably ever hear featuring a baseball organ. Goes hard too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-92qAjbGDo

And yeah, RtJ are so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEOximWoFd0

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 24, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

THE DOG IS WEARING SHOES :3:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Deeters posted:

Is that a router on the table? I don't think that's the right tool to carve a turkey.

Wedge turkey on top, spin it up and just open your mouth. Efficiency and then you can concentrate on getting drunk.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

spog posted:

Black Friday is still a novelty for us Brits and we don't quite understand how to do it.

I dunno man, I've had at least 70 emails over the past few days. Black Friday is annoying as gently caress.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

http://i.imgur.com/uUZbCDW.mp4

"Get our of my way, I have to SPEND AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE RIGHT loving NOW!"

Now this is going to sounds really loving snooty but this gif is pretty much represents Asda shoppers as they normally are. If I ever feel like I don't hate people enough I'll go shop in Asda, I'm not sure why but it seems to attract the most inconsiderate, rude, scummy fuckers around. Every single time I have a lovely half an hour shopping it's in an Asda store. Someone should do a study on it, it's loving bizarre.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Motronic posted:

It's Navorski. He's figured out the quarters.

:lol:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Phone posted:

I kind of hate that Engineering Explained kid.

He seems like the dorky kid you picked on at school because he insisted on lecturing you about poo poo you don't even care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The heater in my car has never worked properly. On occasion it'll kick out some heat but only from the side vents and the windscreen one. Centre ones? Nah. When it decides to you can hear the mixer doors moving back and forth spasmodically.

I should really look into that considering how cold it was today. I should've looked at that during the summer but I was kinda concentrating on rebuilding the head and other assorted shite. I want a warm car but not in the whole 'overheat and blow a gasket' manner of summer.

• Locked thread