Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

No trick or treating for us here, the community doesn't allow it which is honestly a weird policy but I don't really mind. Saved me money on candy this year.

What kind of community of monsters do you live with? Granted I gave out 0 candy, but thats because there are no kids in my lovely neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Also, gently caress bmw/mini of tampa. Contacted them saturday in a faint hope of tracking down a part for a commercial account, their parts department was miraculously open and told me they would have it wednesday. I asked them multiple times to confirm this was a for sure thing. They did. Contacted the commercial customer and said they would see it late wednesday or early thursday, so they sold the job. This morning mini of tampa called us to tell us it would instead have to come from germany and it would be 3-14 days. Glad I'm not back in till thursday so I don't have to deal with this mess. :smithicide:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

West SAAB Story posted:

Yeah, well, gently caress You GM is still quite acceptable.

GM vehicles are good and awesome. Fite me nerd.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Voted a week ago at the downtown brooksville location. In and out in ten minutes flat. Bottomed out like a mother fucker leaving though. Put my sticker on the back of my phone and tried to get my rear end home with my rapidly getting worse vacuum leak. Good times, would early vote instead of standing in line with a bunch of old fucks again, even if my day of voting location is within 3 minutes walking distance of my house. Apparently someone brought literally every form of ID possible for the volunteers to accept this year and there is about a dozen. I thought I was being silly bringing my passport and social in addition to my drivers license...

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Told my boss yes to becoming our store's new asst manager today, request goes in tomorrow. She was being picky as hell about who she considered for the last 6+ months, district manager suggested me and she took it under consideration. Come to last friday, I asked her about the possibility of a raise and she told me the only way I'll get one before my review in 4 months is to take the asst position which comes with an extra buck an hour. She laid out her concerns and said she'd be awaiting my answer. I haven't even been here 2 years and have a long list of day to day operations poo poo to learn still. Kinda excited and absolutely terrified I'll gently caress this up. :ohdear:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Drained and filled trans twice on the wagon. Shifts so loving smooth, I don't have words for it. Royal purple may have cost an arm and a leg and involved hitting 4 stores to get enough, but it was worth it. Happy mazda is happy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Anything we can do to help merry ol' england. We kinda owe you for that whole forming of our country thing. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Nah, shits still hosed. Maybe more hats would work.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Gymkhana is kinda neat and the fact that dirt has it makes me interested to play it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Picked up all the stuff to paint my wheels next monday/tuesday. $18 for 2 cans of satin black wheel paint and 2 cans of gloss clear coat wheel paint. I plan on getting new wheels come tax return time, but I can't deal with how faded these stock ones are.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Welp. Told a customer to gtfo tonight after he went off on a hillary is a secret lesbian rant and started yelling about her being a carpet muncher, etc. Now taking bets on him calling corporate and whining about his constitutional right to be a jackass like he was as he went out the store. :v:

Edit: Relevant info, one of my coworkers who was working today is bi/gay, but it is not common knowledge amongst other employees or any customers except those that know her personally.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 13, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Operation fix this shitbox wagon contined with painting the wheels. So far I've got two done and one has a massive run in it. Looks like I found which one is going on the passenger side!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Thanks for the well wishes guys. My mum passed away soon after I got to the hospital.

Condolences man. :shobon:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

This is a temp to hire job that's strictly driving/delivery. There was a hint it would be auto parts, and they confirmed it would be a company-provided vehicle that didn't require a CDL. They didn't ask about box truck experience, so I'm assuming it's either a pickup or a very small box truck.

They said it was right on the border of the city I'm in and the next city, off of <x road>... basically described exactly where I live, I can see that road from my porch and I'm walking distance from the next city. A quick google check shows the only parts stores nearby are O'Reilly's and Advance, but I thought they hired internally? There's a body shop down the road as well that was a pain in the rear end to deal with when I tried to get my car fixed this summer, makes me wonder if it's related. I don't know of any junkyards nearby, and the body shop isn't right on the border.

I haven't been officially offered the delivery job yet; they wanted me to redo my resume a bit and put a lot more emphasis on my shipping/receiving and delivery experience, plus list my experience with pallet jacks and forklifts, but thought they'd be able to get me into it. They also wanted me to put my warehouse experience on, but I reminded them that my one actual warehouse job (UPS) was seasonal and didn't think it would be a good idea to list a 2 month job, they agreed. My experience with forklifts (walk behind) and pallet jacks (electric) is actually from Whole Foods and Walmart. But I'm officially a (W2) employee of the employment agency, at least. I'm just waiting to be offered an assignment at this point.

Generally, yes, from what I've seen, oreillys does their own hiring. And given that being a delivery driver for oreillys requires a piss test at an approved facility, background check and driving record check (that is constantly updated for any changes that would make you uneligible), I don't think they are going to do temp workers in that position. Are there any new car dealerships with dedicated parts departments in the area? Many do deliveries to shops and parts stores as well in my area. Usually with a much wider radius than a regular parts store.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 17, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Are you doing it because you're enjoying it or because you need to? Sometimes hammering away at a fun project is just the thing you need to pop out of a deep funk.

Also, just washed the wagon in preperation for a group cruise down to the hot import nights show in tampa tomorrow. loving car looked like clayface had blown a sandy load all over it. I expect much stance bullshit, flat brimmed caps, vape clouds errywhere and drooling over shiny stuff. And hitting up the sylvania booth going "Hey, I push your overpriced poo poo onto people at work, give me free poo poo you jackwagons".

Edit: Oh yeah, we have a new dude popping in and out of work having us track down parts. They're for a 1968 Yenko Camaro, confirmed correct vin with matching numbers on rear end, trans, frame, body and block. It had a fire that wrecked a good portion of the interior, but its restorable and he already got the engine to turn over and idle, so he can keep it all together. Dude paid $7500 after getting the seller to give a picture of the vin, then drove to virginia to confirm all the other stuff before pulling it down here.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 19, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

SCA Enthusiast posted:

I'm in if we put a "This Machine Kills Fascists" sticker on it a la Woodie Guthrie's guitar.

Seriously fascists are where I draw a loving line. We can disagree on all kinds of political issues and have discourse about it but the instant you do things like question whether or not Jews/black people/whoever are people you are a trash person and a waste of air.

My curiosity was peaked, so I looked up what it would take to make one that says that earlier today. $42 for a full window banner sized sticker ain't bad. Now if only I had something a tad more agressive to put it on. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

How is it racist to not be attracted to other/certain races? It doesn't mean you don't like them as people, or anything else.

Writing off an entire group of people as unattractive due to the color of their skin is pretty racist. Black, asian, hispanic, caucasian and middle eastern are all humongus blocks of people, all of whom look different. Gorgeous people exist the world over.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I notice how you fail to say anything about white people being gorgeous you RACIST.

Caucasian. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh poo poo, lemme know if you need a crew! I've been meaning to catch a race at East Bay and haven't been yet. I'm sure my son would love it.

I'd be willing to pop down to lend a hand as well if needed. I'm just north of scudson and new port methy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The 4.3 v6s in the new silverados are kinda neat. The power of the gen 3/4 5.3s in a smaller package. Alternately, I'd nab a 03-06 silverado. Cheap, plenty of aftermarket gubbins available, simple to work on, take a beating and you don't have to worry about tearing up a shiny new truck.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Is there a specific thread for recommending wheels? I've been trying to find a specific style and color of wheel with a high positive offset (+48-55mm) for the wagon in 17x7.5-8 at the $150 price point with limited success. While I won't be buying the wheels until tax return time, after 2 months of searching with no success, I could use some help. :ohdear:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Thats not really something to be ashamed of enourmo. The old adage of not knowing how you'll react to a gun in your face until it happens is true and applies here.

Also, never be ashamed of your success, and never forget how you got there and what it took. :)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

There are two sides to the wealth inequality thingie.

Yes, there is huge wealth inequality in the US, where the fantastically wealthy own a disproportionate amount of the wealth. That is bad, and wrong, and will only be changed with a revolution and the guillotine.

However, before you bitch too much about it, consider that the overwhelming majority of US citizens live better than far more than half of the human creatures living on this planet. The sheer luxuries we absolutely take for granted are astonishing. Even those of us that don't do very well... are doing very well.

You can hate the man for keeping you down, or make a space of your own that kicks rear end and allows you to have a good life. Your choice.

They shall be first against the wall. :jihad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Thats what your mom said last night. :smug:

• Locked thread