Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Rhyno posted:

Good point. SOme dude on Reddit already showed how easy it is to filter people checking in so the entire exercise is bullshit.

When I first started seeing them, I figured it was the same kind of meme trolling as those "by posting this I declare that Zuck himself must blow me if FB ever uses my pictures for marketing" posts but targeting slacktivists instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

But definitely complain. They pretty much offer you an extra month of Prime for free as soon as you make any noises about being unhappy.

I've only had them fail to hit the 2-day estimate twice. The first time I got a couple free months of Prime and the second time after a week of delay they literally just overnighted me another of whatever it was I ordered (I think it was a cable or something), gratis, and told me to keep the original if it ever showed up (which I believe it did like a month later).

Amazon's customer service has never failed to make me feel that they are concerned about the issue and want to make it right.

Halloween chat: We got twenty-ish kids (up from the two we got at our last house). My wife was doing the "take two" thing, so we probably gave out 50 or so pieces. I bought 300 pieces of candy... :btroll:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

InitialDave posted:

Good news!

Does the US have the thing that the UK has, where perpetual troublemakers can actually be barred from raising legal proceedings against anyone without initial review/permission to say they may?

I don't know that that would pass muster here, but you can be cited for contempt of court if you piss the judge off enough by wasting the court's time, certainly.

Also, I know I'm apparently 12 but... Judge Glasscock? Seriously? :haw:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

InitialDave posted:

Looks like it does happen in the US, here's California's list:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/vexlit.pdf

Huh. I would have thought it violated the right to due process or something. Neat.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Thanks for the well wishes guys. My mum passed away soon after I got to the hospital.

My condolences. I can't begin to imagine what it's like to lose a parent and I'm not looking forward to finding out.

• Locked thread