Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jiro posted:

JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??? :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58mah_0Y8TU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
You know it would be real easy to cover Bayley vs Jax: bring up Bayley had a match the previous night where she banged up her shoulder while Jax has been resting a few weeks.

Of course this would require Bayley to have a very long hard fought match with Jax and possibly even BEAT her down the line, so....yeah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

We don't deserve Rusev :swoon:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

smackdown is going to be good

the headbangers are coming back!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Rusev really likes being hit by finishers from retired wrestlers. He sold that stone cold stunner like God himself did it at wrestlemania.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ostentatious posted:

smackdown is going to be good

the headbangers are coming back!

Whelp clearly SD is winning the tag team survivor series match.

Btw whats the official rundown for everyone who's 100% in the survivor series matches?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At least Total Bellas is light hearted fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELweDi6qR2Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdnimRqE_Hg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bryan is going to get himself killed in an NJPW ring one of these days.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Whelp clearly SD is winning the tag team survivor series match.

Btw whats the official rundown for everyone who's 100% in the survivor series matches?

Wikipedia posted:

Team Raw (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, and TBD) vs. Team SmackDown (TBD, TBD, TBD, TBD, and TBD)

Team Raw (Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Nia Jax, TBD, and TBD) vs. Team SmackDown (Nikki Bella, TBD, TBD, TBD, and TBD)

Team Raw (The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods), TBD, TBD, TBD, and TBD) vs. Team SmackDown (Heath Slater and Rhyno, The Hype Bros (Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley), TBD, TBD, and TBD)

Though it's WWE so nothing is 100% and they could always switch people up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/793319496761180160

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Was Raw Talk such a tire fire that they've abandoned the idea already? I mean, it was not good but JeriKO saved it by the end to put it in the 'passable' range.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This makes SD Thunder, which I'm okay with

Upload the full Thunder archives to the Network, Paul. Do the right thing

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Gonz posted:

Bryan is going to get himself killed in an NJPW ring one of these days.

Looking forward to how guilty I am going to feel when I watch him win the G1 in 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Was Raw Talk such a tire fire that they've abandoned the idea already? I mean, it was not good but JeriKO saved it by the end to put it in the 'passable' range.

It's only for PPVs apparently

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Have they established any stakes for the SS matches, or just a rehash of Bragging Rights, the worst ppv theme of all time?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If AJ isn't the leader of Team Smackdown then he officially isn't allowed to use the phrase "Champ who runs the camp"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He shouldn't use it period because it's so hokey

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I, for one, am glad that BRAAAAAAUN is in the Survivor Series match because this means James Ellsworth is finally getting his win back.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Winner should be able to poach a talent from the other team
Then raw will get aj

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

If AJ isn't the leader of Team Smackdown then he officially isn't allowed to use the phrase "Champ who runs the camp"

It would be funny if Bryan put together a team of people who all get along to counter. AJ, Bray, Harper, Orton, and I dunno, Corbin. Sure they're all heels, but there won't be in fighting.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4 inch cut no femmes posted:

Winner should be able to poach a talent from the other team
Then raw will get aj

Raw will win and take Dean just so we can have a Shield reunion and get Reigns cheered for good

Or Dean booed for good, I'm happy with either

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Petit Gregory posted:

I, for one, am glad that BRAAAAAAUN is in the Survivor Series match because this means James Ellsworth is finally getting his win back.

this would own but lol at the idea of vince ever letting his new giant toy lose to no-chin music

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Petit Gregory posted:

More likely outcome, we get to see the reverse chokeslam again.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Baron Corbyn posted:

Though it's WWE so nothing is 100% and they could always switch people up.

I remember one year when Smackdown basically threw out and replaced their entire team the week before the PPV(it might have been Bragging Rights) and then the replacement team ended up winning.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i didnt watch :unsmith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

That DICK! posted:

i didnt watch :unsmith:

Me neither, it is Halloween and I had spooky things to do!

Why do they hate Bayley so much

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Just realizing the captain of the tag survivor series team is Heath Slater. I thought I was out of "Heath Slater in 2016"s but here's another one, Heath Slater leading a survivor series team in 2016.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

It would be funny if Bryan put together a team of people who all get along to counter. AJ, Bray, Harper, Orton, and I dunno, Corbin. Sure they're all heels, but there won't be in fighting.

Corbin's whole gimmick is that he doesn't get along with anyone...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Corbin's whole gimmick should be unemployment.

Baron Corbin is a poo poo rear end.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Baron Corbyn posted:

Corbin's whole gimmick is that he doesn't get along with anyone...

As if anyone in-character will notice. In character everyone was shocked when Brian "Man With The Plan" Kendrick had a plan. People still trust Randy The Viper Orton. If Ric Flair started off a match with a handshake offer the other guy will still take it. I have no doubt Shane and Daniel will put the lone wolf on a 5 man team.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I remember one year when Smackdown basically threw out and replaced their entire team the week before the PPV(it might have been Bragging Rights) and then the replacement team ended up winning.

Replaced because the original team was discovered to have Tyler Reks on it, as I recall. Who I think beat Low-Ki to get there.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
guys get it

Tyler Reks

T. Rex

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ah. The sex dinosaur.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Was hoping this was a link to the ending of Sleepaway Camp

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't watch RAW, (because I is cool and good and clever and ace). But I am saddenned on how I hear they are ruining Bayley.

Do they still let her hug people? Do they let her smile, and be happy and engage with the little girls in the front row? Do they let her wrestle good matches?

And if not, why the gently caress not? What else would you have her do? Why would you take everything that got her over away from her?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I sometimes don't watch Smackdown because on Monday I can't help myself and watch Raw which crushes my will to watch wrestling and will to live.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Raw is good. Goldberg? Good. The key to wrestling: it is comic books. History does not matter. Future and past are meaningless. There is only now. Goldberg good. Nia Jax is good, Bayley match was funny.

Bayley needs to do the whole "I'm serious now" thing she did in the run up to her Asuka bouts. At the very least she is going to do better than Serious Enzo and Cass by default.

Glad to see SS taken seriously with main event talents, the team matches should make for great spectacle. The knock-on bonus of Goldberg/Lesnar carrying the singles weight (the other benefit is that there is one less month of New Day handily beating a random title contender team).

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 1, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The second best Tanahashi match that doesn't involve Okada came from Karl Anderson. What the gently caress are you doing WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

RealFoxy posted:

The second best Tanahashi match that doesn't involve Okada came from Karl Anderson. What the gently caress are you doing WWE

Ha, as if Karl Anderson could ever get over just because he's good at wrestling! Look at how generic he is! He's so generic even the highly creative Enzo has repeated the same joke about his genericness to the point the insult ITSELF is now generic!

I have a serious question: has Raw done anything to elevate ANYBODY since the Brand Split? It seems to me that literally every single wrestler on their entire roster has done nothing but tread water, go downhill, or recover from going downhill to the level they were at when they started. Enzo and Cass, The Club, The New Day, Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte, Rollins, Foley, Zayn, Braun, Brock, the loving ENTIRE CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION... is any one of them better off today than they were at Summerslam? I think not.

Maybe Jericho and Owens? A bit?

That's the most damning comparison of them all to Smackdown. They took the dregs and made a fully-fleshed roster while Raw took the cream and squandered them at every turn.

• Locked thread