Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfnz32eOpS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Looks like more cryptic talk from Opie suggesting Jason Ellis is taking his time slot, and he's possibly getting punted from Sirius altogether. Cue a half baked, too late O&A reunion in Cumia's basement.

ozza fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 28, 2016

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Jim's response to dumb Opie's vaguery:

https://twitter.com/jimnorton/status/803081390426361856

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
can't sleep, but I guess Opie put out another cryptic video?!

https://streamable.com/pexh

share to other sites if it's funny, i don't need credit. first time trying to chroma key a video with a really bad background, which sucks and is longer than the 10 minutes i was willing to put into this

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 28, 2016

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

jerkstoresup posted:

can't sleep, but I guess Opie put out another cryptic video?!

https://streamable.com/pexh

share to other sites if it's funny, i don't need credit. first time trying to chroma key a video with a really bad background, which sucks and is longer than the 10 minutes i was willing to put into this

Too soon, man. smh

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This /r/opieandanthony sidebar pic caught me offguard.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
rich and bobby?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
That Rich has got a horse of a smile

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Morter posted:

That Rich has got a horse of a smile

I hate that I have spent so much time on this dead show that I instantly got both references (and laughed).

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Evidently Jason Ellis announced this morning that Opie Radio will become Faction Talk. Opie said on Twitter that he is going to hang around until the end of his contract.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Did he just re sign?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

He said his contract was up October of 2017

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Evidently Jason Ellis announced this morning that Opie Radio will become Faction Talk. Opie said on Twitter that he is going to hang around until the end of his contract.
why they call it that is there some sort of radio war or somethin tss tss

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

CrashCat posted:

why they call it that is there some sort of radio war or somethin tss tss

Should call it Faaaawkyea talk.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I've always liked O&As guests, but haven't ever really had them click with me. I have been listening to Jim and Sam for the last week or so since they were on Ellis and I do really like them. I'm happy with this move, and the more I look at everything Opie has done in the last year (2?), I kinda see why the brass don't really care that much about keeping him happy.

Looking forward to the new channel, especially Jude getting a talk only show.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

So what is the new lineup going to be?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Sam and Jim then Ellis then Opie? Maybe when Opie hits the bricks they can bring Ronnie B. in. Also Ellis confirmed on his facebook that it's starting in January.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Stokes posted:

Sam and Jim then Ellis then Opie? Maybe when Opie hits the bricks they can bring Ronnie B. in. Also Ellis confirmed on his facebook that it's starting in January.

Maybe they could put Opie on overnights so he can spin the hits.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Did Ellis get better at doing radio? I remember him as being Jocktober material. I haven't listened to him since that Jim Jefferies bit though.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Giga Gaia posted:

Did Ellis get better at doing radio? I remember him as being Jocktober material. I haven't listened to him since that Jim Jefferies bit though.

Nah. He was on the Bonfire not too long ago and was doing his alpha male extreme bullshit still. It blows my mind that Sirius would give him a channel with this much weight.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

bunky posted:

Nah. He was on the Bonfire not too long ago and was doing his alpha male extreme bullshit still. It blows my mind that Sirius would give him a channel with this much weight.

He's crazy Bisexual now. So theres that.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Victorkm posted:

He's crazy Bisexual now. So theres that.

Neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFk0lBDLb4

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

So Jim & Sam will be on a channel called "Faction Talk"? That is almost a worse name than 'Opie Radio'.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Stokes posted:

they can bring Ronnie B in.

gently caress that. Bennington is doing fine where it is. Keep it as far away from Opie and Jason Ellis as possible.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

JFC posted:

gently caress that. Bennington is doing fine where it is. Keep it as far away from Opie and Jason Ellis as possible.

You didn't read the whole sentence you goose. Also this is just my opinion but I don't think 'just fine where he is' = a middle of nowhere station with not even enough bandwidth devoted to it to prevent your voice from sounding robotic half the time.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stokes posted:

You didn't read the whole sentence you goose. Also this is just my opinion but I don't think 'just fine where he is' = a middle of nowhere station with not even enough bandwidth devoted to it to prevent your voice from sounding robotic half the time.

They're probably giving Ellis a chance before they just move Bennington over, or running out contracts so if Ron wanted to move to fit into the channel he could. To have Jim & Sam and then Bennington would be the best of all worlds.

Oh, and in Jocktober-esque news, remember Blaine and Allyson and how Allyson has been out of work for a few years and was getting by on a lovely podcast? Well, she's got a job in Detroit again:

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/108993/allyson-martinek-joins-wnics-jay-towers-in-the-morning/

And...she's an 'on-air personality' an actual co-host on an established show whose station is the local 24/7 Christmas station. A step up in the saddest way possible.

Edit: mistook 'on-air personality' as 'low rung producer type' when in reality she's a co-host which isn't as bad but still sad in many ways.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I've been away from listening to them for a while but are Ron and Fez not a thing anymore?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TV Zombie posted:

I've been away from listening to them for a while but are Ron and Fez not a thing anymore?

Fez got fired retired to Florida. He's now a private person that randomly texts Ronnie during the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVozM04s4g0

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE8q2xbwjj0

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

I love S&J, this is probably one of the funniest things they've done in just the short bit of time.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

fawk yeah dvv dvv

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is there a reason jim makes that noise or is it just to be annoying, like the snort?

Also why Opie raqio?

Help I don't know all the jokes

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Smugworth posted:

Is there a reason jim makes that noise or is it just to be annoying, like the snort?
Pretty much. Chip is a character he does. The whole joke is just basically that Chip is lame and annoying and it really irritates people. It's really more of an in-joke. You use it specifically to irritate your friends/loved ones. That's what makes it funny. The joke is Chip is awful.

Smugworth posted:

Also why Opie raqio?
After Ant got fired, the station got re-branded. Opie being the narcissist that he is wanted it named after him. It won't be long though. Apparently it's being re-re-branded as Faction talk come January and Jason Ellis will be on the channel.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The raqio thing is making fun of the Opie Radio logo

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Smugworth posted:

Intentionally annoying but it's also like Chip's playing his own little stinger, suhweeeet!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Smugworth posted:

It's a heavy metal guitar riff goof.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bunky posted:

It's a heavy metal guitar riff goof.
yeah, that sick fawkin puppy is always live and ready to play a hot lick. now give him the cake you piece of garbage

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i love the way chip says 'yumour'

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
That's how (goddamned) Rich Vos has been saying it for years

Morter fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I left youtube running after I got done listening to Bennington today and the Sam and Jim show isn't bad at all.

• Locked thread