Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Look for any good summary of the hatch act but essentially you can't do anything at work or host fundraisers. You can give money though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

BigRed0427 posted:

Honestly I haven't payed a lot of attention to state politics. Anyone else from CT more int he know.

"They're a mess" is about as in the know as I am and I try to be in touch with these things.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Bip Roberts posted:

So does the election day weather forecast for any of the battleground states look nasty?

Election day and election night, according to the Weather Channel:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wait, so rainy weather in southern and Midwest states and clear skies in most of the swing states Clinton needs and most liberal strongholds? That seems pretty ideal. Bad weather in Florida is just fine with early voting advantage.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

roymorrison posted:

Lmao that uspol sperglords still haven't voted

Look, early voting in NC is explicitly designed to be in sucky timetables/locations (okay both me and the polling place are in the white as hell area but without the weekend it was like an hour line).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

fishmech posted:

Election day and election night, according to the Weather Channel:

Looks like it'll mostly be lovely days for Trump to eat poo poo.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

So basically perfect weather everywhere.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/dnc-told-fbi-it-may-have-been-bugged

Don't see any other reports of this, but the DNC apparently told the FBI that they had reason to believe their HQ was bugged.

This election... It never stops.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Early voting in my county is dumb and annoying with my schedule. I'm better off walking two blocks to my election day poll place on Tuesday when it opens.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Church attendance and use of religion as an authority was extremely low in parts of early america. Of course everyone was "christian", but the vast majority were like many of todays christian. It was something they'd claim if asked and it otherwise had almost no impact on their lives. There have been various ups and downs since then, but the country wasn't founded in the 20th century so how religious people were then are kind of irrelevant.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

fishmech posted:

Yeah sorry, it's just the absentee ballot there. There's a form you can fill out with your county clerk to have them automatically mailed to you for future elections though, you might need to call them to get it.

You could technically go in to your county clerk's office on Monday before 3 PM and get an absentee ballot, fill it out on the spot, then hand it in. But there'd be little point to that. Depending on county you can also do this on Saturday or Sunday during their business hours. You can't really mail one of those ballots you'd get in person though, as it has to be received in office by the time the regular polls close to be valid.

my mother did exactly this since she'll be recovering from surgery on election day

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Xae posted:

No way Tzeentch or Khorne get behind Trump.

That fucker is Slaanesh through and through.

Trump wants to turn the entire middle east into radioactive glass and Khorne gets to add millions to the Skull Throne.

With both the FBI and Russia conspiring for him, I wouldn't be surprised Tzeentch is involved.

Slaanesh is obvious.

Nurgle because Trump's a fat gently caress too? I dunno.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

For maximum anti-Arzying I'd recommend finding a sushi place with kickass $3 margaritas. I now confirm that Hillary has got this easy and we're picking up 100 house seats and try the rainbow rolls.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

xthetenth posted:

I did. Didn't update to be a party member, but one more vote for the dread abuela.

Need a drink at all the unopposed republicans running in my area though. Thankfully the republicans did say which education people are theirs so I could avoid voting for them.

No, I mean I'd take up arms as part of a non-professional militia in favor of Clinton

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't remember if this was linked already, but Sam Wang's interview here is some good anti-Arzy; understanding the polls better and everything helps.

https://twitter.com/TheAlexKnapp/status/794702604911738880

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

That is not what "must win" means.

Hillary is more likely to win each of Ohio, Iowa, Utah, Arizona, or Georgia than Trump is to win Michigan. If you want to take some of those aggregator probabilities literally, using the first column (NYTimes, which is less worried about Clinton than 538 but more worried than the other aggregators), Hillary is more likely to win both Ohio and Iowa than Trump is to win Michigan.

Edit: Also, if you want a laugh, guess which column is 538 :)

What website is this chart from?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio posted:

Who is Nurgle's choice? And who would Khorne or Tzeentch pick?

I'm definitely sure that Clinton has the God-Emperor's vote though.

There's a candidate actively dissuading people from getting vaccines and you're wondering who is a follower of Nurgle?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Schizotek posted:

Church attendance and use of religion as an authority was extremely low in parts of early america. Of course everyone was "christian", but the vast majority were like many of todays christian. It was something they'd claim if asked and it otherwise had almost no impact on their lives. There have been various ups and downs since then, but the country wasn't founded in the 20th century so how religious people were then are kind of irrelevant.

Uh, an in the rest of the parts, religious attendance and authority was extremely high. And there's way less religion as authority now, let alone church attendance..

The way the country was in the early 20th century was fairly on par with the level of influence of religion in the country at it's founding: very very high, but perceived as low by people at the time since they were quite used to it. Tons of the things we consider horribly theocratic proposals from Republicans these days, someone living in 1800 or 1900 would consider completely normal.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
What is wrong with America

https://mobile.twitter.com/Patrickesque/status/794692936378118144

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Nurgle because Trump's a fat gently caress too? I dunno.

Maybe Trump got a Purple Heart in his own personal Vietnam, if you catch my drift.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, I mean I'd take up arms as part of a non-professional militia in favor of Clinton

:same:

It counts if it's against McCrory and Trump, right?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Early voting in my county is dumb and annoying with my schedule. I'm better off walking two blocks to my election day poll place on Tuesday when it opens.

Waiting for info on a judge from someone led to me sort of but not really missing the deadline to mail mine in if I want it to arrive election day here in Arizona. Which means I just have to go and drop it off at any polling place in the county.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

roymorrison posted:

Lmao that uspol sperglords still haven't voted

PA doesn't have early voting. :(

Maybe that'll change, but odds are we'll vote in another lovely Republican governor before it can happen.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/794704919399989249

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The true loving coup right here folks.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/794698985550315521

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

PopZeus posted:

What website is this chart from?

NYTimes Upshot

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Truly the MLK of our time. This guy's awesome, because you just know that he's already done some dickish thing at that very same McDonald's and the workers don't get paid nearly enough to care about his "civil disobedience".

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Of all places McDonald's isn't going to be employing illegal immigrants. They dot their I's and cross they're T's. So he'll just be blockading places where Latinos/Latinas work.

Now if you'll excuse me I gotta get back to Pokemon, I'm about to catch Latias and Latios.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

greatn posted:

Of all places McDonald's isn't going to be employing illegal immigrants. They dot their I's and cross they're T's. So he'll just be blockading places where Latinos/Latinas work.

Now if you'll excuse me I gotta get back to Pokemon, I'm about to catch Latias and Latios.

:ssh:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pgroce posted:

Full disclosure: I pulled AZ (and CO, to a lesser extent) out of my rear end. The general problem of accounting for locked-in votes remains a problem in 538's model, though, AFAICT.

None of them do, as far as I know. Early voters are only reflected in anything polls-based to the extent that they should automatically pass any likely voter screen, regardless of their prior voting history or other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
USPOL has become impossible to moderate in this, the week leading up to the election.

This has brought to the surface something that's really been a problem for a long time: the impracticality of having a single thread for the entirety of US politics, on a forum dominated by American posters.

If you want to post about the election, go here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=269
There are lots of different threads in there about the election. If you don't see one for what you want to post about, you can make a new one (as long as it isn't a new USPOL, obviously)

If you want to post about non-election American political topic, you can make a new thread about it here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=46

If you want to post about food, and booze, and your life, and share funy political pic's and clip's, you can post here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783739

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

• Locked thread