Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Yay the Capitals have recalled Jakub Vrana from Hershey. He's been great for them recently and he will be replacing Zach Sanford who was in way over his head as a rookie.

Hopefully Vrana can stick and Trotz doesn't give him a short leash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

There's something bizarrely satisfying about turning down free Leafs tickets.

Now I just need to get my company to fly me to Montreal for Habs games instead.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

im sure burke already has a barn rented

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

This is a nice Jack Edwards special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2eFefPoH4

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Both of them committed about 4 penalties each in that play, it was great.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I just met Pierre McGuire in the bowels of the Barclays Center, no one was around, I could've easily hit him over the head with something and no one would've known. It would've been so easy. I've failed you SAS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I just met Pierre McGuire in the bowels of the Barclays Center, no one was around, I could've easily hit him over the head with something and no one would've known. It would've been so easy. I've failed you SAS

post a banme

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The wailing from the hockey media world would be unbearable if McGuire was murdered. They'd be dedicating stupid poo poo to him for the rest of the season with no hint of irony.

They'd create some kind of scouting related trophy for the awards ceremony given to the scout who can correctly name the most players and the college they went to.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

JollyPubJerk posted:

what do adult sikhs do during the games about the hat?

If you mean while playing, in my experience one guy wore the under-wrap that isn't really a turban and another just wore a helmet without anything under it.

If you mean like when hat-tricks happen then I think they'd tell you it's a religious thing not a hat and in my experience would be pretty polite and not call you an rear end in a top hat.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think he's asking about that in the US you are strongly encouraged to remove your hat during the anthem

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Both of them committed about 4 penalties each in that play, it was great.

Nonsense. Marchand did nothing wrong!!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/804135000517922816

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/804135115869679616

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/804135212649062400

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/804137577104056321

Fuuuuuuck this team.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Sportchek got 50% off NHL jerseys:
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/cyber-days/nhl-jerseys/product/reebok-vancouver-canucks-premier-away-hockey-jersey-white-330378869.html

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
That's not the least bit surprising. It's disappointing, really stupid, etc. etc. but at the same time other teams are similarly dumb for having offered that in the first place, just Ottawa gets stuck holding the grenade. People were really talking him up at the end of last year, when Phaneuf was his partner and so clearly the better player.

It was always reported that Cowen would've warranted a big return until really the last year and I have 0 reason to doubt that.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I sure as poo poo am not concerned about losing D in the expansion draft, tho.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What is with NHL.tv? I'm trying to watch games and all I get is a black screen for the video. I'm 15,000 km away from the viewing areas of any teams so why would anything be blacked out?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

With gcl at least I often get logged out but the only way to tell is to try and watch something. Gives you the same screen as blackout and I have to just log back in.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Spring Break My Heart posted:

No but they're going to lose forwards like...

Alright yeah who cares.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

bewbies posted:

I took kind of a cursory glance at them and the vast majority were pretty supportive. Most of the rest were ripping on other commentators so I guess I'd call that neutral?

Sorry, I read the first one and sighed, guessing wrongly at the direction it was headed now that we live in a post Obama world.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
OBAMA'S DEAD?!

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

JawKnee posted:

OBAMA'S DEAD?!

as Obamacare and ice sheets

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

You've got an absolute must-protect player in the case of Phaneuf!! Nooooo problem! You guys got your bases covered everything else can go!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
travis moen retired i guess :shrug:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Thanks for this, my girlfriend wanted a new Pens jersey for Christmas.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Levitate posted:

to be a pedantic rear end, he didn't really "drop" Pirri he just kinda threw him awkwardly into the boards. It's not like he one punched him.

I kind of meant literally dropped him, just kind of lifted him up and sort of let go. Though Pirri kind of fell over on his own a bit too. When you're watching it near the ice it looks a lot more impressive than it does on a video replay.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

DJExile posted:

post a banme

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

That is a nice looking banme.

Unfortunately, it looks like the win over the reigning stanley cup champs will give Capuano another couple feet of slack in his leash.

gently caress

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

pens really need to tighten up their zone exits, pretty sloppy all around. really thought the will of sidney was going to eke us out a W from that one

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Apparently the Blues are finally cutting ties with the Chicago Wolves of the AHl after the 2017 season and starting a team in Kansas City. About time.

quote:

The Blues, who have been with the AHL's Chicago Wolves for four seasons, including the current one, will cut ties with the Wolves at the conclusion of the 2017 season and form an affiliation with a team that will be based in Kansas City owned by Lamar Hunt Jr., whose father Lamar Hunt founded the Kansas City Chiefs, and former Blues defenseman Tom Tilley.

According to the source, it's pretty much "a done deal."

The Blues have not made the plans official, but Hunt Jr., who currently owns the Missouri Mavericks of the ECHL, who will also look to bring a United States Hockey League team to play with the new AHL team at the Sprint Center, where the Blues have played multiple exhibition games in recent seasons.

I assume this means Las Vegas will try to partner with the Wolves now?

EDIT: This is jut a rumor but a Blues beat reporter posted it so I think there is a high chance of it happening? I really hope so.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 1, 2016

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

vegas wanted their own ahl team but who knows in the short run

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

wow I can't believe the islanders took a multiple goal into the 3rd period, stopped playing hockey because they're coached by a caveman, and immediately blew it

Not sure how the Pens managed to not close that one out.

fire capuano

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
What's Chicago's lease situation? Does that even matter? I imagine it's much much easier to move an AHL team than it is to move an NHL team, especially one with no affiliation. That could/would be an easy solution for Vegas I imagine.

I'm wondering if the Wolves leave Chicago, would the Hawks/Rockford entertain the thought of moving the hour closer to Chicago or would they not even bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Man, I wish Burkie did more interviews. He has such a way with words, especially when he's pissed off about something

quote:

Treliving’s response, according to Burke: “No. And by the way, next time you have a stupid idea like that, just save the quarter. Don’t call.”

“Clearly covet the player. He’s 6-foot-5, he’s 237 pounds, he’s a right shot, he’s a great kid, he skates like a deer, he can shoot the puck.”

• Locked thread