Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Palpek posted:

More like *shuffles through papers* Zombi, I guess?

I played through ZombiU one halloween and thought it was pretty ok

I say Assassin's Creed because I guess it started the ubisoft formula (that they seem to be trying to veer away from lately)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I say Assassin's Creed because I guess it started the ubisoft formula (that they seem to be trying to veer away from lately)

the last time they were generally good and releasing lots of good games was before they hosed up prince of persia so bad. that series really showed that the company was aligning to a new philosophy and everything became edgy for no reason. they eventually learned that instead of a prince with an atitude it could be a modern white guy doing scifi to be a edgy prince in his mind like the matrix, which i'm sure focus grouped through the roof in groups of french teens.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I hope everybody remembered to preorder Ubisoft's latest hit Steep and it's excellent season pass!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they beta was pitiful imo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah i liekd the look of steep until i played it rip

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For anybody who has ever played blood omen, is it possible to survive the intro sequence? I know you're supposed to die during it, I'm just curious.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Help Im Alive posted:

I meant this Zombi. Just joking though, I like the AC series mostly for the recreated cities as architectural history is something I really dig.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah the swamp castle in the 2nd one is right near where my family comes from so i've seen it and it was cool to climb on it the game. 13 games later now lol

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Steep is a real bummer because it just makes me want another good ssx game really bad instead of some wingsuit gimmicky bullshit with dumb looking snow.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I hope everybody remembered to preorder Ubisoft's latest hit Steep and it's excellent season pass!

that price is a bit

steep

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Real hurthling! posted:

the last time they were generally good and releasing lots of good games was before they hosed up prince of persia so bad. that series really showed that the company was aligning to a new philosophy and everything became edgy for no reason. they eventually learned that instead of a prince with an atitude it could be a modern white guy doing scifi to be a edgy prince in his mind like the matrix, which i'm sure focus grouped through the roof in groups of french teens.

This is actually because Ubisoft has this weird corporate rule that they can only make games that take place in modern times and yet they constantly jump through weird hoops to have stuff take place in the past BUT NOT REALLY

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is actually because Ubisoft has this weird corporate rule that they can only make games that take place in modern times and yet they constantly jump through weird hoops to have stuff take place in the past BUT NOT REALLY

beyond good and evil 2, is trump's america. expect a release soon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

haha nice

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

For anybody who has ever played blood omen, is it possible to survive the intro sequence? I know you're supposed to die during it, I'm just curious.

Nah, you eventually get basically forced into it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PantsBandit posted:

Steep is a real bummer because it just makes me want another good ssx game really bad instead of some wingsuit gimmicky bullshit with dumb looking snow.

Steep looks incredible graphically and I had a lot of fun playing it in a group with a couple of my friends :confused:

I absolutely would not pay more than like 20 bucks for it though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Just had a particularly buggy session with FFXV that ended with a crash.

oof

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega Man 3 is friggin hard but Ive reached Wiley Stage 3. Im coming for you you bush browed son of a bitch.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

oof

What platform?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snak posted:

What platform?

PS4 Pro.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, you eventually get basically forced into it.

How so?

I was able to kill off some of the enemies by just kiting them and I feel like if I was actually skillful enough, I could kill at least the enemies outside. I know the game isn't going to give you some la-de-da happy ending where kain never dies but what ends up happening? Does the dude who shows up and stabs you while you're on the ground just show up regardless of how well you're doing?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think so. Maybe there's a secret you can get if you do survive like demon's souls, but you're expected to die to move things along.

FirstAidKite posted:

How so?

I was able to kill off some of the enemies by just kiting them and I feel like if I was actually skillful enough, I could kill at least the enemies outside. I know the game isn't going to give you some la-de-da happy ending where kain never dies but what ends up happening? Does the dude who shows up and stabs you while you're on the ground just show up regardless of how well you're doing?

Good question. You should investigate and document your findings :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

How so?

I forget the specifics (it's been a long-rear end time) but I think eventually a guy shows up who basically wrecks you, yeah.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0uD5yZNjpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTT9L_XF_L8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luLs0KzHF0c

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Good question. You should investigate and document your findings :)

I would, but I don't know how to give myself infinite life in that game for that part :(

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm playing Burnout Paradise and I loooooove the Inferno Van, it makes these weird noises but it also mows down anything in its path like a champ! :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love the van-type vehicles in that game because they're almost immune to the game's crash system in a weird way. You can crash them but you have to really jackknife them. Otherwise you just keep taking down other cars over and over till the van just combusts. :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I love the van-type vehicles in that game because they're almost immune to the game's crash system in a weird way. You can crash them but you have to really jackknife them. Otherwise you just keep taking down other cars over and over till the van just combusts. :v:

With all due respect

I am really good at crashing things

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

codenameFANGIO posted:

Rayman is modern day???

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've had one crash so far in 10 hours of FF15 on a PS4 Slim. Thankfully it was right after an autosave

Also, Promto presents Noctis, The Iron Man:

:psyduck:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Rayman is modern day???

I'm more surprised about Far Cry: Primal to be honest.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I was pretty sure I read the Ubisoft thing in a place and now I can't find where I read the thing so OH WELL NEW MONTH THREAD IS OVER

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chat Thread: OH WELL NEW MONTH THREAD IS OVER

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Have a holly jolly Christmas steam sale

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Lurdiak posted:

Oh yeah, those are neat, although they contribute to the confusion about whether or not this is a remake or a sequel.

https://youtu.be/_7zdNr7AnWI

Who cares? They don't.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

It's more that they have to pay residuals for using the PoP IP, so they just made their own.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Made a new chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

oof

Yeah it's pretty obvious they needed that extra couple of months and maybe more, had one crash and the sea not loading so far, not too bad for 10 hours played atm

• Locked thread