Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ROLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Great Joe posted:

OH WHAT THE HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEFTxxbkUtA

WHY IS THE GAMES INDUSTRY LIKE A HUNDRED CHRISTMASSES RIGHT NOW?

wait what

is this april fools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

The hints in the Reaper of Souls ending monologue were especially subtle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blIhfeCX55k

I'm still leaning more towards having to fight Imperium who is trying to eliminate the nephilim before you even have a chance to become corrupted. Then at the end you do something dumb with macguffin, aping the Diablo 1 ending

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone wanted Cruis'n back?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wake me up when San Francisco Rush is back.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bring back burnout

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

bring back burnout
here's the crash mode as a weird golf thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzZQmOJyovA

RCarr posted:

Distance is likely to come out either this year or early next year.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone wanted Cruis'n back?

Yes. Me.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

tap my mountain posted:

I'm still leaning more towards having to fight Imperium who is trying to eliminate the nephilim before you even have a chance to become corrupted. Then at the end you do something dumb with macguffin, aping the Diablo 1 ending

I've got my money on Imperius being the bad guy in the next DLC as well, I was just saying that they could have been a little less obvious about the nephalem being corrupted at some point in the future.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Hi Everyone. I've been playing Mother 3 for the first time. I know it's almost ten years too late but I'm finally getting around to it. I found the front-loaded character introductions a bit jarring (contrast with Earthbound, which spread them out a little). Though I do understand that they did this because all of them are involved in the prologue events. Took almost two hours before I got control of Lucas but now I'm on the way to psi blasting some piggies. And also defeat capitalism I guess? That seems to be the direction it's going.

The sound battles are kind of tough to get right. I wonder if dropping VBA's sound buffer size would help.

I've also been playing some Stardew Valley on the side when I don't feel like Mother 3.

RCarr posted:

:hellyeah: I loving love (especially) Rush 2 and 2049. The "adventure" gameplay components were pretty cool.

Great Joe posted:

Distance is likely to come out either this year or early next year.

What is this?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-OwcGtGkFk

Distance is the sequel to the game that started this revival of racing games that appeal to people as opposed to just robots. In it you're trying to get to the finish line in one piece. You can jump, rotate, fly and the tracks are built with these abilities in mind. They're hard tracks. There's a level editor included that's so nice, last year the Workshop for this game surpassed 100 tracks.

It's just a solid game all around.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

I've got my money on Imperius being the bad guy in the next DLC as well, I was just saying that they could have been a little less obvious about the nephalem being corrupted at some point in the future.

The big twist will be that the player isn't actually corrupted, just tired of Imperius' bullshit.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Bought Owlboy. First 30 minutes I played, drat good. Love the sprite work, the animations, the flying mechanics are pretty solid. The music is pretty chill too. Only could play 30 mins of it cause of lunch and then back to QA work. :v:

Get it. It's good.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Bought Owlboy. First 30 minutes I played, drat good. Love the sprite work, the animations, the flying mechanics are pretty solid. The music is pretty chill too. Only could play 30 mins of it cause of lunch and then back to QA work. :v:

Get it. It's good.

Owlboy looks absolutely gorgeous so that's good to hear.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Owlboy looks legit as gently caress

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Today I saw a picture of Pyramid Head from below so you could see some of what's under his helmet and I wish I could go back to a time of blessed ignorance.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

Today I saw a picture of Pyramid Head from below so you could see some of what's under his helmet and I wish I could go back to a time of blessed ignorance.
an anime girl's head, right

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Quest For Glory II posted:

an anime girl's head, right

No. Here.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Huh. Yknow, thinking about it, that does make more sense than there just being a dude's head under there.

edit: Speaking of ol pyramid head, I recently saw my favorite Silent Hill thing ever in insane Diablo clone Silent Hill Book of Memories:

I would very much like to play RED PYRAMID'S KART JAM 3000

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 1, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've played a bunch of Owlboy, it's fun. For the first dungeon there's one small aspect of it that's slightly tedious but you get a power up at the end of that dungeon that immediately fixes it.

Bosses in particular are really cool and have so far all been some different kind of puzzle.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

it should just be james's head under there. this is stupid and wrong

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

If it was me I'd trim all that excess skin off

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah yes, it always comes back to circumcision

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That's really fuckin' dumb.

I pulled a muscle in my arm, luckily it only hurts when I move my upper arm so the only thing I can't play is Wii games.

Hopefully the bottle of Vicodin I just got is enough to get me through the last part of Chapter 2 in DQ Builders. It's not so much that I hate the Chapter itself anymore, as I seem to be past the most annoying part (aside from the boss fight which I watched my wife do and yes I know it's gonna be annoying) but the bigger issue is that I have hosed up my town SO HARD and I don't want to tear it down and start over. But man it is an ugly mess of stairs and gardens on top of buildings and unnecessary towers and holy poo poo it's terrible. :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:siren: through the silent hill wiki I have learned that you can already play as pyramid head in a kart game and now my life is complete :siren:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I don't really have a problem with that.

What I don't like is all the newer pyramid heads having the new shape. You know, where it comes to a point in the front instead of being flat? The pointier version is a more traditionally aggressive shape, rather than the older "that's scary cause it's fuckin weird" shape.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

:siren: through the silent hill wiki I have learned that you can already play as pyramid head in a kart game and now my life is complete :siren:

Yup, he also tried out for the Olympics in 2008.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:eyepop: What an athlete. Truly a pyramid of all trades.

edit: No matter how much you dislike Dead Space style pyramid head, be glad that these concepts from the second movie for what's under the helmet did not pan out.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 1, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey planet coaster comes out this month, anybody excited for that? I am :D

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Today I learned that at least two members of Giant Bomb think that the eggs that they sell in supermarkets are fertilized.

Giant Bomb has been rolling down the hill for a while now

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

it should just be james's head under there. this is stupid and wrong

It probably is his head shoved up that big vagina

symbolism

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Looper posted:

Giant Bomb has been rolling down the hill for a while now

first the separation of vinny and jeff, then the loss of austin. they need to get mary kish on board either coast. and austin back

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey planet coaster comes out this month, anybody excited for that? I am :D

Is this a game about roller coasters with planets instead of wheels? Wait that doesn't make sense, the planets would still roll...

Is this a game about coasting a space-train around using gravity assists from planets?

Soral
May 30, 2009

oddium posted:

first the separation of vinny and jeff, then the loss of austin. they need to get mary kish on board either coast. and austin back

austins soul was ejected frm his body at high speed and he collapsed into a lifeless heap on the sidewalk after he joined vice. im sorry. hes not coming back

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gamer prayer for austin

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am very excited for a new Rollercoaster building game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lizard Wizard has inspired me to play XCOM 2 as well, please let me know if you want a spot on my squad, we are a vibrant, exciting, fun, fresh company looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us kill aliens and alien-lovers

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Lizard Wizard has inspired me to play XCOM 2 as well, please let me know if you want a spot on my squad, we are a vibrant, exciting, fun, fresh company looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us kill aliens and alien-lovers

Yes please

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
There's an Owlboy thread over here. Not that the chatter bothers me personally, the thread is just a little sad in terms of posts and could use some love. The game looks gorgeous and I'll definitely be purchasing it at some point.

Still steaming through World of Final Fantasy and Dragonquest Builders myself and getting ready to maybe try Titanfall 2 this weekend if the playerbase hasn't totally died out already.

Jay Rust posted:

I spent almost as much time making friend/family/novelty characters in XCOM2 as I did Miis back when the Wii came out. It was pretty fun stuff.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I would like to join the fight as a woman maybe if that's ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jay Rust posted:

I'll sign up for a one-way trip to the front line. I lust for death.

• Locked thread