Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
A "review" of Skyrim Special Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onFm-7_wTyA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jay Rust posted:

There we go

Awesome, but it sucks that the cyber gods emote the Goon Squad. Liz Wiz, I'd appreciate it if you made me a soldier for your crew. Follow your heart.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The horse in Inquisition does give you a speed boost but it's so annoying to control since you have to press and hold down the left stick while also moving that same stick to direct the horse. I did use the horse when I wanted to get through an area quickly and didn't care about picking up materials but you can also use it to cheese the game against fall damage, like if you want to get down a big hill quickly and not have to find and take the proper path.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Social justice mario is out of controll

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

$10 increase to PS+ and this is the bullshit Sony gives us. :/

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Why is it that almost every UI in games made in Unity loving suck on my computer? I can think of like, two games...Pillars of Eternity and maybe some other game that run fine. Everything else seems to constantly have problems where the text extends beyond the borders of where it's supposed to, or trails off-screen entirely, or where buttons are much larger than they should be and overlap each other so I can't even click on the one I want. Minimaps, oh boy, don't even bother.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's because you keep buying lovely indie games made in Unity.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only unity game i know is ksp and it seems to ui pretty well

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Goblet Grotto was made in Unity and was GOTY 2012

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's an Animal Crossing New Leaf direct in 15 mins, maybe I'll go back to my town today and hope it's not a weed jungle

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if you have an insane amount of weeds the plant shop sloth will pull them and then give you exclusive plant furniture. so hopefully it is a weed jungle

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
Put me in coach, I'm ready for the fight!

(If you do, please make me a lady, possibly with purple somewhere!)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

if you have an insane amount of weeds the plant shop sloth will pull them and then give you exclusive plant furniture. so hopefully it is a weed jungle

Someday I will reload my Gamecube Animal Crossing save and everything will be in tatters.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Sakurazuka posted:

It's because you keep buying lovely indie games made in Unity.

There may some truth to this statement.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Desktop Dungeons was made in Unity and it's pretty cool

Guild of Dungeoneering too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
FALLING SKIES tries to do the post-apocalypse thing by making you buy upgrades with supplies you find on missions. So I sent our troops, who are not XCOM soldiers, on a mission to raid a warehouse for stuff. Things went poorly right from the start:

We have to pick up 6 things lying around the warehouse while surviving some alien attacks.

Since this is based on a TV show you have story units who only appear in main missions. Since this isn't one I have to swap in a regular recruit. I took away his main weapon and gave him two pistols because I thought that would be funny. It actually turned out to be a fantastic idea eventually since they don't run out of ammo as quickly, but that's fine.

Crashcat has leveled up and now has a rocket launcher:

She also got surrounded by a bunch of enemies and took them all out, with help from Lizard Wizard:

The mission went well in the end; only Strix was seriously wounded. Since this was everybody's first regular mission, all those who participated get assigned a nickname:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

poo poo Mongoose reporting in

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:rip: me. I'm either dead, wounded, or in a glitched out savegame. Hopefully I'll survive as "Kooky" Strix.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

corn in the bible posted:

FALLING SKIES tries to do the post-apocalypse thing by making you buy upgrades with supplies you find on missions. So I sent our troops, who are not XCOM soldiers, on a mission to raid a warehouse for stuff. Things went poorly right from the start:

Wow, I had no idea this existed. That's a pretty faithful xcom clone, and its pretty funny they made a game for falling skies of all things.

Did anybody even like, finish falling skies? I got like halfway through the first season and couldn't make myself keep watching.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow, I had no idea this existed. That's a pretty faithful xcom clone, and its pretty funny they made a game for falling skies of all things.

Did anybody even like, finish falling skies? I got like halfway through the first season and couldn't make myself keep watching.

My parents did, I think. I caught some of it when I visited them while it was on and... it was fine? I guess?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Endless Legend was made with Unity which surprised me.

Does Unity make it easier to port stuff from PC->iOS/Android by any chance?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Endless Legend was made with Unity which surprised me.

Does Unity make it easier to port stuff from PC->iOS/Android by any chance?

Yeah, it supports pc, mac, linux, ios, android, chrome store, windows phone, etc., as well as consoles. it's dead easy to port your game to every possible platform which is why it's so popular now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the squad attacks a military base. mission objective is to kill every enemy unit.

lizard wizard is knocked out, and i have no way to revive him because i haven't researched that yet.

but it's ok because we're almost done. i just have to find the last enemy and kill it and he'll be fine!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, it supports pc, mac, linux, ios, android, chrome store, windows phone, etc., as well as consoles. it's dead easy to port your game to every possible platform which is why it's so popular now

That's pretty cool.

Now if only Amplitude would port EL or ES2 to iOS.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

the squad attacks a military base. mission objective is to kill every enemy unit.

lizard wizard is knocked out, and i have no way to revive him because i haven't researched that yet.

but it's ok because we're almost done. i just have to find the last enemy and kill it and he'll be fine!

What the hell is a spiked kid

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

What the hell is a spiked kid

I'll tell you what it isn't:

alive

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I was gonna get Owlboy until I discovered it was $25. Maybe when it goes on sale I'll get it

In the meantime, I have a hard time figuring out what I want to play or beat for November. I don't want to touch Yo-Kai Watch 2 or Persona Q again, but I'm having a hard time trying to justify finishing up any of my console games. I guess I could just wait around until Pokemon Sun arrives at my house

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Word on the street is that Titanfall 2 owns, anybody played it? I still have BF1 to play so I don't know why I'm asking but hey.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I was gonna get Owlboy until I discovered it was $25.

Boo this man. Boooooooooo. If I had a gif of Owlboy sad it would wreck your heart. :colbert:

Though I shouldn't throw rocks. I can afford splurging because of alot of QA OT and what not.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 2, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Shindragon posted:

Boo this man. Boooooooooo. If I had a gif of Owlboy sad it would wreck your heart. :colbert:

I'll still get it eventually but right now $25 is a little much for me

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Word on the street is that Titanfall 2 owns, anybody played it? I still have BF1 to play so I don't know why I'm asking but hey.

It does own. SP is short but it's up there with Do4m's campaign and does a lot of fun, varied stuff. Much more Half Life/Portal than COD. And multiplayer is even better than the first game's, imo and has a lot of new toys to play with.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

raditts posted:

So they took DORIFTO from Outrun 2 and car tricks from the Fast and Furious arcade games
These moves were all in Cruis'n world.

Good job admitting you actually played a Fast and Furious arcade machine, though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please don't game shame

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/radiatoryang/status/793749512166576128

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

where does The Ballad Of Gay Tony fit

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

gay is the opposite of boring

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mordja posted:

It does own. SP is short but it's up there with Do4m's campaign and does a lot of fun, varied stuff. Much more Half Life/Portal than COD. And multiplayer is even better than the first game's, imo and has a lot of new toys to play with.
:wtc: Everybody learned how to make good FPS games all of a sudden.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think if he really tried he could come up with some explicitly gay video games but I guess it doesn't make for a sick tweet

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

I think if he really tried he could come up with some explicitly gay video games but I guess it doesn't make for a sick tweet

He makes those lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bastard Bonds

• Locked thread