Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Comic shop got shortchanged in half their order so they didn't have half of my pull list this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Comic shop got shortchanged in half their order so they didn't have half of my pull list this week.

It happens. UPS sucks at their job this time of year. We're missing 3 boxes of non comic stuff so far this week.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's mostly Marvel stuff that was missing, and Black Monday Murders and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. At least they'll have it for me next week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no real method to the box packing so it might have been a problem at the warehouse.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Time to ask for a tablet for Christmas :)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Time to ask for a tablet for Christmas :)

I already own one. I get a discount at the shop that makes it a lot cheaper to buy physical comics.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
When I was about 6, my brother and I were horsing around in the backyard and I cracked my head open. I got stitches and had to stay in the hospital overnight, and my mom brought me my first comic books for being a brave guy. They were a Gladstone Mickey & Donald and an ALF.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Happy Fakesgiving, American friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XfXvCIXHfo

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
A great deal of the world is lovely and horrible but this forum is not, and I'm thankful for all of you. Cheers.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

CapnAndy posted:

A great deal of the world is lovely and horrible but this forum is not, and I'm thankful for all of you. Cheers.

Aw, I like you guys too!

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
I too am thankful to be part of a comic forum that isn't wall-to-wall assclowns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chaos Hippy posted:

I too am thankful to be part of a comic forum that isn't wall-to-wall assclowns.

Thankfully here it's just the two walls.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Chaos Hippy posted:

:wal:Where is it?:stat:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm back and I feel a lot better! I was this close to leaving SA forever but I realized my black mood would pass so I announced a break instead and my mind is clear and all that hippie poo poo.

Anyway, over Thanksgiving a relative offered to take me to see Rogue One with them and their brother for their birthday. I didn't have much interest in the movie before but it's on someone else's dime and the theater experience alone is worth the time.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

WickedHate posted:

I'm back and I feel a lot better! I was this close to leaving SA forever but I realized my black mood would pass so I announced a break instead and my mind is clear and all that hippie poo poo.

Anyway, over Thanksgiving a relative offered to take me to see Rogue One with them and their brother for their birthday. I didn't have much interest in the movie before but it's on someone else's dime and the theater experience alone is worth the time.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, WH.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

How did you fuckers manage to export Black Friday up to Canada? Busiest weekend I've worked since I quit bartending.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's all the liberals running away that did it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Does BSS do any sort of year-end reflection of the year's comics, like user awards or anything? This is the first year I've really followed new comics closely, so I'm a bit interested in knowing how good/bad this year was in comparison, though I'm making a guess that reception is mostly pretty positive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Does BSS do any sort of year-end reflection of the year's comics, like user awards or anything? This is the first year I've really followed new comics closely, so I'm a bit interested in knowing how good/bad this year was in comparison, though I'm making a guess that reception is mostly pretty positive.

We generally gather and make an effigy of the current mod using the worst comics of the year as stuffing. We then burn the effigy and dance naked in the moonlight.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm in

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We did once and it was really bad and let's not do that again.

For something fun, would anyone be interested in playing a Sheep Game?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

What even is that

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

What even is that

Well first E-Mike takes a turn with the sheep, then you take a turn with the sheep...

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Let's get a Discord server going for a Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Well first E-Mike takes a turn with the sheep, then you take a turn with the sheep...

:byodood:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

purple death ray posted:

What even is that

Essentially the Sheep Game works like this: I post a list of questions/categories (things like Best Artist, Best Writer, Best Comic, whatever), and everyone responds to it with who they think the forum as a group thinks is the response. You are then scored based on the number of people with that answer. So, if 20 people respond to best artist with Jack Kirby, they all get 20 points. If only one really broken person responds with Greg Land, he gets one point.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

WickedHate posted:

Let's get a Discord server going for a Mutants & Masterminds campaign.

This but for an actually good game.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I will gladly do a end of best of. First award:

Breakout character of the year: Wild Dog.

And thus ends my award giving powers.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Maltose posted:

Big Eyes Small Mouth it is.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mr. Maltose posted:

Is Inkslinger still around? He helped with DC Universe: Adventures, and I'd love to play it someday. The books are a really good encapsulation of the pre Flashpoint DCU.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is Inkslinger still around? He helped with DC Universe: Adventures, and I'd love to play it someday. The books are a really good encapsulation of the pre Flashpoint DCU.

Isn't that just a DC skinned version of M&M anyway?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/28/13749536/marvel-vs-capcom-4-news

Marvel vs Capcom 4 announced

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Marvel vs Capcom amuses me because their such snapshots of the exact moment in history they were released.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I get the feeling the MCU focus is nonsense, because it sounds like the same bullshit peoole say about Marvel trying to kill the X-Men comics because of movie licences despite an upcoming relaunch of 7 X-Men related comics and a ba-jillion Deadpool comics

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Plus it'd be downright heresy considering how rooted in X-Men the series is.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I just want the X-Men and Fantastic Four in Future Fight. :(

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't that just a DC skinned version of M&M anyway?

Pretty much. I've gotten some good games out of it. The rules can't handle every situation you throw at them, and combat can drag on a bit, but it works out okay if you just shrug your shoulders and roll with it. So basically perfect for superheroics.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Unlimited just posted a bunch of the old old Star-Lord stories and in there was this wonderful cover of him sword fighting a lion man on an asteroid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, I mean, "Life" seems like an easy choice.

• Locked thread