Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

TNA wouldn't be in half as bad shape as it is right now if they had spent the last 15+ years developing viable tour loops.
I've heard some interesting stories about TNA's house show promotion. Tons of waste like always insisting on bringing in their own rings from Nashville when it would have cost much less to use a local ring with TNA aprons/turnbuckle pads (this when they weren't using the 6-sided ring).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

grack posted:

On the other hand Jeff Jarrett screwing around with Kurt Angle's wife was probably beyond their control.
Kurt and Karen had already long since split up. Dixie was angry that Jeff lied to her when she asked, or something.

Meanwhile, this is 100% true, though the formatting was just me loving around:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/794026921726197764

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

My latest exclusive scoops for y'all:

Anthem CEO Warns Staff to Be Careful Talking to Co-Workers About TNA http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-anthem-ceo-warns-staff-to-be-careful-talking-to-co-workers-about-tna/

New Investment Into Anthem is Funding TNA Deal, Other Expansion Efforts http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-new-investment-into-anthem-is-funding-tna-deal-other-expansion-efforts/

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

I think everything was. Full control, right to hire and fire, etc.
My understanding was that the full control might have been the bigger deal breaker than the equity. Meltzer referred to it as Heyman wanting "the Dana White deal." IIRC he didn't ask for a huge percentage either, probably 10% like White.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

coconono posted:

we live in an era where Twitch broadcasting exists and Anthem is still using the excuse that internet content distribution is hard.
I guess the internet version of The Fight Network (the one that has little to none of their big name content) is doing swimmingly, then...

In fairness, maybe that was his point: They need to be able to have content that they can take everywhere, not just certain countries and certain means of distribution.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

She really didn't like the idea of him being able to fire people.
Yeah, with everything we've learned lately, I think it's pretty obvious that the "autonomous executive" part was a bigger issue than the "minority owner" part.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Did I miss why the thread name was changed?

But anyway: Looking at Billy's tweets this week sure makes you wonder about some of the timing, doesn't it?

davidbix fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 11, 2016

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Maxwell Lord posted:

Why are wrestling promotions so bad at naming characters
Reminder: WWE once had Montel Vontavius Porter and Marcus Cor Von AT THE SAME TIME.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I HAVE SOME TNA NEWS!

That "don't file a change of address so creditors can't find us" thing sure is working out well: http://www.sescoops.com/american-express-moves-for-judge-to-rule-against-tna-by-default-in-debt-case/

Also: See what TNA's last Amex bill looked like!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

dsriggs posted:

Actually, that's the current & correct address of Impact Ventures, which is what the company goes by now. The debt was taken out by TNA Entertainment, which became inactive in June.

The principal office address was their old office address before they moved.

If Bix is still around, maybe he could tell us why TNA Entertainment LLC is different from Impact Ventures LLC & why they're both different from Aroluxe Media LLC, which took the assumed name of "TNA" in May, then cancelled it in August?
TNA Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Impact Ventures. So it's the same thing.

• Locked thread