Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
NO

YOU DIDN'T

OH MY GOD

I hope you have one of these for yourself already or I'll feel kind of bad (but still really really excited) It's a very stiff horizontal format book so it's hard to photograph the inside but it's super nice glossy prints of various chapter covers without text and some originals. It's really awesome to finally get to see the art in good physical form. Just, wow, I love it so much

I don't have a way to play these right now without blasting them to the whole house but I've spent a lot of time listening to some of these songs which makes me very excited for all the ones I haven't heard.
Both/all four of these gifts are fantastic thank you so much again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Awesome! I'm glad everything got there ok, and especially glad you like the gifts. And i totally had to peek inside that postcard book to make sure that i had found something cool (spoiler alert, i did).

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Jarogue posted:

I should have posted this a week and a half ago but been to busy with work, finals and rearranging my room.

I don't know who sent it, I don't remember much about Fullmetal Alchemist but I LOVE it anyways. Thanks for the bandana and the new fake name Jarther Rogue

Good stuff

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
I'm going to give it another week before I get my friend to ship out another round. I really hope the post office/customs didn't eat the packages like fauxtool wants to :ohdear:.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Pretty sure my gift hasn't arrived yet but I'm used to Secret Santa packages arriving late so I'm not terribly concerned.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Not sure if I've been sent anything or not yet, but I'll be out of town until the 27th.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my santee's package hasn't had any tracking updates for like ten days but obviously at this point i'm sure it'll be late. i'm incredibly sorry, thought i was in the clear according to usps shipping deadlines. :negative:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This is why we don't use USPS for shipping

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

All those pictures I took were actually from the future where I patiently waited til Xmas day. :ninja:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
A package arrives! Perfect timing too because I got off work early and we just got the kids down for a nap!. I'm not sure how it got here with all that whiteout on it though, I guess Santa just knew. Anyway let's open this guy up.

A letter from Santa! Thank you for considering the kids and my wife. :)

SNACK TIME!

We decided to try a little of everything and it's all good. The letter warned me about the Twiglets but I think I like those the most. Yum. My wife confiscated the Wagon Wheels so I don't believe I'll be having any of those. :rip:

Ok so what's next...

HOLY poo poo! IS THAT!?!?

OH MY GOD! IT IS!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I'm not exaggerating when I say this is one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received. Thank you!

My face right now:

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 21, 2017

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

My face right now:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a flat box that seems to come from germany judging by the deutschland stamps
It says do not open until Christmas. Should I?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's always christmas somewhere.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
There's only about 7 days left in December and everyone knows there's Twelve days of Christmas.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was certain it would be a puddle of chocolate or candy.

It's what I never knew I always wanted. Overwatch movie poster prints from the hollywood map. So cool
A+++

What is a good way to display them? All in one frame, a frame for each?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's a lot of nendos

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogsicle posted:

that's a lot of nendos

literally the most complete collection in the americas.

gotta catch em all

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 24, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad there's someone else who likes Twiglets.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Up to you on the display, I don't really do posters. I just have a bioshock 2 poster and the skyrim map that came with the game up on my walls right now. There totally would have only been 4 of those posters if I didn't grab them from my friend's etsy page, so I got both sets pretty cheap. Glad you like everything though, Merry Christmas!

Brownieftw fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 24, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

leather fedora posted:

Pretty sure my gift hasn't arrived yet but I'm used to Secret Santa packages arriving late so I'm not terribly concerned.

I hurriedly bought Chubby Valkyria Chronicles on Steam (as he mentioned earler) when I realized I hadn't budgeted either the time or money for something to ship to him from Japan. :v:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's a christmas miracle! I was worried I'd miss the package because I went back to my hometown for xmas, but my wife was in and she received it and brought it over.

It came all the way from Murrka and it was beautifully packaged:

Fruit chews and savoury peanuts that were very popular with everyone. I've been reading Dagashi Kashi lately and these felt very fitting!

nice! This is just my sort of thing - super cool:

Finally, a wonderfully folded wee note:

!:

Thanks so much for all the gifts and shipping them so far. I also received a gift of Vinland Saga on Kindle which is totally ace.

Dogsicle is...the best?!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I waited until Christmas! And now have time to post pictures!

oho, what's this

Love Live!

Nico! Movie Nico, in particular! How'd you know I like Nico?

Thanks, Dryzen! I love you thiiiis much!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Biggest let down ever. I had a missed delivery card left in the mail box, so all excitedly I've been waiting for the post office to open back up so I can pick up the item. Turns out it was the HDD I had already picked up :(

It sucks living at the end of the world in a town 2500km from the nearest major city.

Still awaitin

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

It's a christmas miracle! I was worried I'd miss the package because I went back to my hometown for xmas, but my wife was in and she received it and brought it over.

It came all the way from Murrka and it was beautifully packaged:

Fruit chews and savoury peanuts that were very popular with everyone. I've been reading Dagashi Kashi lately and these felt very fitting!

nice! This is just my sort of thing - super cool:

Finally, a wonderfully folded wee note:

!:

Thanks so much for all the gifts and shipping them so far. I also received a gift of Vinland Saga on Kindle which is totally ace.

Dogsicle is...the best?!

ah, i forgot to post that i was insanely relieved to see everything finally reached you!!! and in one piece, given my relatively light amount of protection. :sweatdrop:
glad the food has gone over well and i hope you enjoy the manga!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Update: the tea and gin and Tomatin all own. Thanks again, Chas McGill!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

dogsicle posted:

ah, i forgot to post that i was insanely relieved to see everything finally reached you!!! and in one piece, given my relatively light amount of protection. :sweatdrop:
glad the food has gone over well and i hope you enjoy the manga!
Loved it all, thanks so much for shipping it so far!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Update: the tea and gin and Tomatin all own. Thanks again, Chas McGill!
Wonderful! I'm still on the lookout for something mechanical or robotic though.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

Biggest let down ever. I had a missed delivery card left in the mail box, so all excitedly I've been waiting for the post office to open back up so I can pick up the item. Turns out it was the HDD I had already picked up :(

It sucks living at the end of the world in a town 2500km from the nearest major city.

Still awaitin

e: I misread that as you having gotten an HDD from your Santa and being incredibly ungrateful about it. :v:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Cuntellectual posted:

e: I misread that as you having gotten an HDD from your Santa and being incredibly ungrateful about it. :v:
Oh no! I had ordered the HDD, I can see how that totally reads like I had gotten a HDD twice. Speaking of it. GUESS WHAT I GOT.

loving AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YES MY PRESENT!

Lots of cool One Piece stuff. Two figurines, stickers, a pack of playing cards a key ring and food (sharing that with my workmates, everyone loves the sweets, noodles are for me!). I have no idea how the food made it into Australia. My secret santa also paid a lot for shipping!

Thanks J-man! GF got jealous that I was so excited because I never get excited about her presents.

By the way, this was my first secret santa. Enjoyed it immensely.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Merry Late Christmas. I'm glad it finally made it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Jarogue posted:

Merry Late Christmas. I'm glad it finally made it.

Thanks Jarogue for the awesome package :)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Well, it looks like Christmas is here, and this year it's polygonal

Akira from VF1! I'd open it and pose it, but I don't have the execution

Not only that, I got a Godzilla poster that i need to unfurl and hang up (sorry)

Thanks Double Donut!

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 9, 2017

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm glad you like it. Sorry for taking so long!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Whoa poo poo, I got some really sweet Gintama swag.

Double mascot piggy banks, the first figure I've ever owned, and a mug!!! (Don't take that as sarcasm; I really love the mug.)

Really nice to come home to after vacation. Thanks a bunch, secret santa!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Reading through the thread im really disappointed in the lack of illegible, serial killer-esque handwriting on these notes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Reading through the thread im really disappointed in the lack of illegible, serial killer-esque handwriting on these notes.

Why do you think I typed mine up? :v:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Why do you think I typed mine up? :v:

Yeah, I did the same thing for the same reason.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

I tried my best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah, I did the same thing for the same reason.

This.

Also, my santee never posted their stuff, I hope my incompetence around shipping didn't cause them too much trouble.

• Locked thread