Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's got a great face moveset and insanely good babyface fire. The program with Owens has been poo poo because it's glaringly obvious Seth/HHH needs to happen first.

I said this in the other thread, but the problem with Seth as a face is that he doesn't have the character development to justify being a face. He never had a mea culpa for his past actions, he glosses over the reality of how he succeeded in the past, he casts aspersions on Owens for doing the same things he himself did with a seeming lack of self-awareness. In other words, its impossible to have sympathy for his plight, no matter how likable he is or how much you want to pop for his moves. You need that moment of sympathy or a turn can't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There was that moment of sympathy, then HHH vanished and never explained himself or feuded with Seth.

I don't consider that moment when Seth thought, with a look of rapture on his face, that Triple H was about to kill Owens and hand HIM the belt only to have the opposite happen, to be a moment of sympathy. Especially when he came back the next night and threw a tantrum about it as if he had not hoped it would happen to him literal seconds earlier. But hey, that's just me.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He admittedly should've refused the help, but acting like his reaction was not justified in character is incredibly disingenuous. Again, the problem is they're making KO the HHH proxy without firmly explaining, ideally in HHH's words, why he screwed Seth and how he doesn't care what Seth did for him because HHH is a piece of poo poo.

His reaction was absolutely justified in-character, and I never meant to imply otherwise. The fact that his character has not developed beyond reacting that way is why he's been a bad face. That was, in fact, my thesis.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I thought Becky was the weakest link of the Horsewomen for a long time despite being the best worker overall, but drat since she got room to spread her wings she has proved my rear end wrong. And Carmella is really doing well in her spot as super-hatable midcard heel of the division. She's learned how to hide her weaknesses while still pulling her weight and is making her character really distinct when it was the weakest one of the bunch previously.

Alexa is the best though.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The problem is not that Seth is a bad face, the problem is that Raw's writing is loving trash.

Fair enough. I don't think Seth it totally blameless, but each his own.

So, Nattie is the COACH. I'm intrigued. Is she going to intentionally divide and subvert the team as revenge on the whole Smackdown brand? Exact revenge on Nikki for kicking her off the team and take her out of the match? Use her position to target Becky?

...I missed being curious about where angles were going. Its nice.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

VJeff posted:

Oh hey it's the one part of SmackDown Live that is, uh, actually pretty loving bad: American Alpha's utilization.

Its not like Alpha hasn't been well protected and kept strong at every stage of the pushes for Slyno and the Heel Usos. They're only "dead," because they're not involved in anything right now. The moment they're back in a feud they'll get hot again like that.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Don't call them Slyno.

Beauty and The Manbeast and Slater and Rhyno are too long :(

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Miz gonna get his revenge on Daniel by costing Smackdown the IC title and defecting to Raw. Both of them will suck after going there, but it will be interesting for Smackdown to deal with such a crippling betrayal and humiliation.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

If you don't think Spooky Randy's Snake Eyes are the coolest thing get OUT of my face. I'm stoked for this.

I also like Harper's skepticism and the fact that he's more than willing to physically confront Randy to keep Bray safe. It elevates him significantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Hey Shooter find and hunt mean the same thing.

Hunt has a connotation that killing comes after the finding.

• Locked thread