Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

david carmichael posted:

they tried to do this a few years ago and it led to all the major cards falling apart and the worst ppv year in a long time. its a dumb way to do things but whatever.

I forget if that was 2012 or 2014 but one of those years saw like every good main even fall through due to injury and the total buyrates barely broke 3 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Northjayhawk posted:

Aldo has changed his mind and wants to fight in early 2017. The UFC refused to give him an unconditional release when he met with them, and whatever it is he wants to do is not possible while under contract, so he says he has "no choice but to fight".

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/jose-aldo-manager-says-he-has-no-choice-but-to-fight-in-the-ufc-110216

Conor didn't get to have his way with 200 despite having all the leverage, not sure why Aldo thought he could get away with whatever he's trying to do.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

conor/eddie conference call is later today, there was one yesterday with woodley/thompson & joanna/karolina here were the highlights:

Woodley: "i'm not mad people booed me it just surprised me, i looked back at th e stuff i've done and i don't think i should be booed"
Wonderboy: "my dad took me to UFC 3 in north carolina and that's when I knew I wanted to fight in UFC"
*reporter asks Karolina a question but she has dropped off the call* Joanna: "I can answer for her, "I am very happy but Joanna is the best", thank you."

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

handsome only face posted:

conor/eddie conference call is later today, there was one yesterday with woodley/thompson & joanna/karolina here were the highlights:

Woodley: "i'm not mad people booed me it just surprised me, i looked back at th e stuff i've done and i don't think i should be booed"
Wonderboy: "my dad took me to UFC 3 in north carolina and that's when I knew I wanted to fight in UFC"
*reporter asks Karolina a question but she has dropped off the call* Joanna: "I can answer for her, "I am very happy but Joanna is the best", thank you."

Joanna best.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

I watched the preview of 205 UFC put up and goddamn I still can't believe how insane that 13 second KO was.

That KO has been talked about to death, but one of the things I liked about that moment was for a brief minute or two McGregor broke character and went over to Aldo and acted like a normal person. I think he put his hand on his shoulder and tried to talk to him briefly. Not sure what he told him, but probably tried to take the edge of getting KO'd in 13 seconds after having not lost for ten years. He also told him that they could "do it again" while standing with Big John waiting for the decision to be announced.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He told him he was a great champion, according to McCarthy.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

He told him he was a great champion, according to McCarthy.

He said that in the post-fight interview.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He said that a lot before the fight too.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He also said he would murder his whole favela lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

handsome only face posted:

Joanna is the best, but Karolina is the bestest and she will win the title after Joanna breaks her hand and has to retire after beating KK up too much.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sprecherscrow posted:

He said that in the post-fight interview.

That was McCarthy's account of what he said when he walked over to Aldo.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

He also said he would murder his whole favela lol

Can't handle the bantz.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They also had adjacent balconies in the hotel during fight week which made them both laugh and McGregor bought him a coffee once. True pals.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Brimage's three losses that saw him get cut where to
Conor, Garbrandt and Rivera, all in their debuts.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

That's amazing

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Dan Didio posted:

their power level was too high

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
psa my favourite fighter that never fights (lightweight) magomedov is fighting beniel dariush this weekend. he's an incredible striker and i can't wait to see him thoroughly outclass a guy but not finish him earning him max derision points from the commentary team.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Micheal "The oval office" Piss Stink.

Luke Cuckhold.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Anyone picking raquel against miesha?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nierbo posted:

Yeah, sure, why not.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Nierbo posted:

I am definitely doing something else during those 15 minutes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Raquel is one hell of a dark horse. Note that she has a win over Tonya Evinger, and that's actually kind of a big deal in w135.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Meisha is going to hug and bother the gently caress out of Rocky for 15 minutes.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Rocky isn't a complex fighter. She's tough as nails and always comes forward. If you plan around it you win but if you try to stand and bang you're probably going to get put on your rear end where she'll try to rip your head off with a bulldog choke.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Tom Lawlor popped.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Tom Lawlor popped.

drat

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Filthy!!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He doesn't do supplements and he just had two babbies soooooo

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

-Atom- posted:

Tom Lawlor popped.

Goddamn it Unclean Thomas Lawlor, you break my heart.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
What a heel.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hello goons. It's been a while.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796523

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

He doesn't do supplements and he just had two babbies soooooo

guess it was the steroids then

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Trast posted:

Rocky isn't a complex fighter. She's tough as nails and always comes forward. If you plan around it you win but if you try to stand and bang you're probably going to get put on your rear end where she'll try to rip your head off with a bulldog choke.

Was it her or the other person Holm scraped by that dropped Holly when she was playing keep-away?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hunt turned down a rematch with JDS because of unsatisfactory terms, apparently.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

thats fine, they should meet his terms though

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

McGregor's character in the new Call of Duty shows up for about ten seconds, then is killed by a hispanic man by running out of air.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-statement-on-matheus-nicolau-110316 DOuble kill...

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Initially I was "Who da fook is dat guy?", turns out he's that Brazilian kid that got a sweet Japanese Necktie last year.

https://gfycat.com/ExaltedCookedBedlingtonterrier

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

Was it her or the other person Holm scraped by that dropped Holly when she was playing keep-away?

Yeah, Rocky had trouble finding her range against Holm's rangey circling-away AISH punches and push kicks, but she started to connect at the very end of the second. In the third she not only got a knockdown from a right hand but she overall won the round easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
gently caress Jackson fighters

• Locked thread