Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

pgroce posted:

(This is everything I was trying to say in two sentences, but I wrote all these words dammit so here.)

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

As a guy who's written extensively, far too extensively, on the question of the Doctor's morality, ... He's an rear end in a top hat with a box. Especially Twelve.

Just so you guys know, stuff like this is really why I read this thread. Thanks for that.

(Oh, and also the audio recommendations. So, thanks for that Cobi, Jeru, et. al.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Rhyno posted:

Power of the Daleks is playing at 7:30 tonight but I don't know if I can get motivated enough to go see it.

I just don't know if I can bring myself to pay for an overpriced movie ticket (even by modern standards) to see something I can just watch on my home projector for free on BBCA's Saturday broadcast.

... though, that would require me hooking up my cable box for the first time in years. Hmmm.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Am I in the minority in feeling that Dr. Who is at its best when it's more towards the "Monster of the Week" format? Most of my favourite episodes are ones that are more concerned with telling an immediate, present story than with the development of a larger continuity, even when they take place within that continuity (eg, 11th Hour, Heaven Sent, Blink, The Empty Child).

I definitely agree. In fact, most shows that alternate Monster of the Week and Big Important Secret Plot™ are almost all better in their monster of the week episodes. The one notable exception, to me, is Fringe which was equally good in their MotW and Plot episodes.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The arcs have all been stupid

I wouldn't say all of them. The Sound of Drums arc was ok. I wouldn't call it good per se, but ok.

• Locked thread