Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

jerkstoresup posted:

Tourney and 0.21 are tomorrow. Anyone want to make a new thread or should I just edit this one again? I know there's zero enthusiasm for vanilla here but hey :confuoot:

Crawl .21: Waiting for GoonCrawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Internet Kraken posted:

Ru gives you the knowledge needed to bend reality to your will, which is a bit more than I'd expect to get from just rubbing a stone.

I wouldn't expect flapping a fan to make wind and elementals either, but here we are. Imbue the stone with the 'powers behind the visible world' (or however they describe the thing Ru lets you get access to) and it makes as much sense to me as any other magic item. :shrug:

Edit: My favourite of the new evokables is the shard of Zot, anyway, not the healing item, so I'm not really invested in it. Even with meditation it's kind of... uninteresting, I guess, while I like teleporting everything around randomly as a panic button.

Prism fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 4, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My only real concern with the flavor of "stone of meditation" is that it doesn't really suggest what it does in the name. I know as a newer player I would skip right past evokables with boring names but a harp of healing would have made me take notice because healing is so strong.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That's a fair point. I think meditation would, at best, imply some kind of mana regen to a new player.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Zaodai posted:

Crawl .21: Waiting for GoonCrawl.

Crawl .21: Stick a Fork In It

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Eela6 posted:

:perfect:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zaodai posted:

That's a fair point. I think meditation would, at best, imply some kind of mana regen to a new player.

Yeah, that's fair.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

cheetah7071 posted:

It'd be weird to have a musical instrument not generate noise. If generating noise is fine I like this flavor a lot.
It can make some noise, then. That night even be better?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Eela6 posted:

Please make it this.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

That's pretty much perfect. Thank you!

Eela6 posted:

I like this, but I think a direct reference to gooncrawl in the thread title is a good idea. Hopefully that will bring more posters into the thread who might have been feeling discouraged lately. "Crawl .21: You stick a fork in it! Gooncrawl in development!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
New thread: Crawl .21: Stick a Fork In It

• Locked thread