Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Dexo posted:

Gonna go to the Arizona Cardinals.

Or perhaps the Cleveland Indians?

In any event, I can still hardly believe this is real. I was the weeping 7-year-old when they blew it in 1984. I was a sad 12-year-old in 1989. 1998 never happened. I vividly remember every moment of what me and my friends were doing during Game 6 in 2003. I swore off emotional involvement with the Cubs after the 2008 playoff debacle (my dad had done that in 1969, relenting only - literally - seconds before the Bartman Ball went aloft). I swore at that time I wouldn't get hooked again until I saw something they'd never shown me - less than five outs away from the Series with a lead. I rescinded that last Saturday night in the company of my closest friends. All the while I promised myself that if they ever actually won it all the first thing I'd do would be to call my dad. Tonight was that loving night, and I did.

Also remembering my grandpa, who was the actual reason I became a Cubs fan as a kid (since my dad had disavowed them in 1969; see above). He passed away at the age of 92 last summer, just before they took off and leveled up. He must have knocked some heads together up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread